For once in a Fire Emblem game I want a recruitable character who hides amoung

#1PaulkotsuPosted 3/3/2013 7:32:00 PM
the enemy.

Like he looks exactly like a generic because he has his helmet on, but you can randomly talk to him.

Then after the battle he gets a unique portrait

I just think it would be cool if there such an elusive playable character
---
"Cemith's dick is a tyrant"
#2blueman164Posted 3/3/2013 7:34:12 PM
Paulkotsu posted...
the enemy.

Like he looks exactly like a generic because he has his helmet on, but you can randomly talk to him.

He would have to have atleast one significant difference or else it would be near impossible to find him. (Especially if they decided to randomize which unit you had to talk to.)
---
3DS friend code: 3523-2564-9981
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 3096-5896-7237
#3BlackBloodDragoPosted 3/3/2013 7:35:17 PM
Everybody would kill him off. This idea though isn't bad but it would require some hint so people know he/she is recruitable.
---
New 3DS (old one was stolen with all my games....) FC: 3480-3950-4456
Drill Arm Dentist at your service :P
#4pizzaman95Posted 3/3/2013 7:35:24 PM
So basically, a character whose recruitment method is almost just as obscure as Shinon from Path of Radiance, a character that you had to kill to recruit.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#5ljkkjlcm9Posted 3/3/2013 7:38:49 PM
Or more like a map that you can recruit one enemy that looks generic, and it can be any of them but only one. Whichever you pick has the same name regardless and the class of the enemy you chose decided growths, class choice etc. They would get the unique portrait based on that info.

THE JACKEL
#6Cactuar512Posted 3/3/2013 7:38:53 PM
pizzaman95 posted...
So basically, a character whose recruitment method is almost just as obscure as Shinon from Path of Radiance, a character that you had to kill to recruit.

With Ike. After having Rolf talk to him......
WHY!?
---
PSN: Fredfredburger51
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#7Paulkotsu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:39:23 PM
blueman164 posted...
Paulkotsu posted...
the enemy.

He would have to have atleast one significant difference or else it would be near impossible to find him. (Especially if they decided to randomize which unit you had to talk to.)

That's the point, it would be near impossible to get him without knowing before hand.

Like a treat for people who replay the game to always find something new.
---
"Cemith's dick is a tyrant"
#8almostexactlyPosted 3/3/2013 8:16:59 PM
Paulkotsu posted...
That's the point, it would be near impossible to get him without knowing before hand.

Like a treat for people who replay the game to always find something new.

I think Fire Emblem Awakening was trying to do away with the obscure recruitment requirements. Now, [Talk] shows up right above the character that can be recruited, all of them can be recruited by Chrom, who is a required deploy on story maps, and so forth.

I mean, Stefan, Oliver, Pelleas, and Lehran's recruitment requirements from Radiant Dawn were pretty obscure already. And Aran does look just like the rest of the Begnion soldiers.
#9pizzaman95Posted 3/3/2013 8:19:39 PM
almostexactly posted...
And Aran does look just like the rest of the Begnion soldiers.

He has an unique portrait though, not the same thing.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#10UmuruPosted 3/3/2013 8:25:24 PM
Well, you wouldn't be able to just End Turn after somehow level grinding if you got lazy. Of course, I'd probably end up reloading every chapter if I ever found a unit like that, just to see if it applies to every chapter. >_<