Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS ABOUT EMM AND IDK HOW THE HELL TO USE SPOILER TAGS

#1DunnoBroPosted 3/3/2013 10:07:29 PM
Taken from Emm's Wikia:

"
However, it is revealed that Emmeryn did not perish from her fall. In Paralogue 20, she is found amnesiac, but alive in the Mountain Village. There, she and the villagers are kidnapped to be sacrificed by the Grimleal to Grima. Chrom and the others arrive in time to intervene and afterwards she joins them. Though she never fully recovers her memories as exalt, and has difficulty speaking, her kind heart always remains. "

When do we get this, and wtf?

Did no one seriously check to see if she was actually dead? Chrom went to catch her, he didn't even consider checking her vitals? Also, she seems wayyy stronger then. Does being an amnesiac grant you blessing from the Gods?
---
>Implying I don't actually know
#2WestbrickIIIPosted 3/3/2013 10:09:59 PM(edited)
I like to believe that isn't canon, because a) it's tucked away in an optional Paralogue, b) it's incredibly stupid (she doesn't even have Miracle, and no one can survive a fall that big), and c) it completely ruins one of the most emotional moments of the game.

The SpotPass Paralogues are really just more in-depth Trial Maps.
#3CybreedPosted 3/3/2013 10:09:33 PM
Plot device
---
Xbox GT: The Cyber Breed - PS3/Vita PSN: TehZoid
3DS FC: 2578-3321-2291
#4Cactuar512Posted 3/3/2013 10:09:58 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
I like to believe that isn't canon, because a) it's tucked away in an optional Prologue, b) it's incredibly stupid (she doesn't even have Miracle, and no one can survive a fall that big), and c) it completely ruins one of the most emotional moments of the game.

This
---
PSN: Fredfredburger51
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#5Pyro76Posted 3/3/2013 10:11:05 PM
Possibly why Chrom couldn't take her back with him to Ferox in Chapter 9, someone else must have taken her to refuge to heal her wounds perhaps.
---
Sin & Punishment - Star Successor Record Holder (Stage 7)
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles
#6Jstretch19Posted 3/3/2013 10:14:02 PM
Chrom has a convo with Basilio at the end of that chapter that explicitly specifies that they can't reach her body.
---
Screw GS
#7Huff n puff 20Posted 3/3/2013 10:15:09 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
I like to believe that isn't canon, because a) it's tucked away in an optional Paralogue, b) it's incredibly stupid (she doesn't even have Miracle, and no one can survive a fall that big), and c) it completely ruins one of the most emotional moments of the game.

A. So are all of the kids.
B. People have fallen from airplanes without parachutes and survived.
C. Not really.

Trial Maps are replayable, the characters you get from/for them have never been expanded up on, and certainly don't have endings or input on other chapters, or supports.

Spotpass Units are the actual "Bonus Units", and the six spotpass paralogues are most certainly canon.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#8KoubanPosted 3/3/2013 10:15:09 PM
1. Chrom had to RUN. They were being closed in on by Gangrel's army. There wasn't exactly time to check.

2. In this universe, we don't even know if medical technology would account for vitals to check them.

3. Who the hell would've thought she'd survive that?

4. I don't think she's stronger, I just think nobody was willing to let her fight before. She was explicitly referred to as a living symbol of Ylisse's peace. Between that and being the reigning Exalt, it's reasonable to think she always had that power and just didn't use them.
#9WestbrickIIIPosted 3/3/2013 10:17:52 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
A. So are all of the kids.
B. People have fallen from airplanes without parachutes and survived.
C. Not really.

A. The difference being that the SpotPass characters aren't integrated at all into the story and have exactly one support option (MU), even though it makes no sense for Emmeryn to not support Lissa and Chrom.

B. No they haven't. Urban legends.

C. The whole reason Ch.10 was so emotional is because you failed your mission to save Emmeryn. But whoops! She's alive.

If we're going to consider the SpotPass maps canon, then the already terrible story gets even worse.
#10Google_ChromPosted 3/3/2013 10:17:54 PM
WestbrickIII posted...

Basically this.

But in the case that it were canon, one could assume that Chrom had no time to check for his sister's corpse, seeing as how he needed to escape Plegia's castle immediately. As for how she could have survived? Well, there's been crazier things that happened in FE games...