Do players perma death have any impact on the story?

#1SpydaMang007Posted 3/4/2013 11:52:24 AM
New to FE and my first play through is on casual, but I wanted to try normal, but was wondering what if everyone kept dying and the only ones I could use were my MU and Chrom? Des the story and cutscenes change at all?
---
PSN: OhSteven
XBL: Trip Se7ens
#2CreepGnomePosted 3/4/2013 11:53:56 AM(edited)
Characters that appear in cutscenes will suffer severe injuries and retreat, so they can still be part of the cutscene even if they can't fight. Non-cutscene characters will die and be forgotten.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#3Altair718Posted 3/4/2013 12:00:47 PM
CreepGnome posted...
Characters that appear in cutscenes will suffer severe injuries and retreat, so they can still be part of the cutscene even if they can't fight. Non-cutscene characters will die and be forgotten.

This. I played through ch. 8 and got every female except for FeMU killed. Lissa and Sumia still showed for cutscenes.
---
Together we fight, together we live.-Fire Emblem
Now Playing: Wild Arms 2, FE:Awakening
#4NinetoZeroPosted 3/4/2013 12:01:25 PM
If you're new to FE and you don't want to lose all your units (and potential supports) in that save file, definitely use casual mode.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Devil Survivor Overclocked, Style Savvy Trendsetters, Pokemon White 2.
YOU ZOOM ZOOM HEART LIKE A ROCKET~ :D
#5glitchunter75Posted 3/4/2013 1:59:05 PM
It doesn't. Those ones appearing in cutscenes will no longer be playable, but they'll still be alive.
---
Is Sylveon my long-lost cousin?! I must know!
Official Shiny Victini of all Pokemon boards.
#6VsinPosted 3/4/2013 2:01:18 PM
NinetoZero posted...
If you're new to FE and you don't want to lose all your units (and potential supports) in that save file, definitely use casual mode.

What if I'm playing Shadow Dragon?

/rimshot
---
If I'm not Vsin, I'm Aldracity.
#7frozenJaganshiPosted 3/4/2013 2:06:24 PM
Vsin posted...
NinetoZero posted...

What if I'm playing Shadow Dragon?

/rimshot

Then stop before you hate yourself for buying that game.
---
Guardian Cross: Saderic