The 44 Fire Emblem 7 characters are the best

#41BhelliumPosted 3/5/2013 8:44:42 AM
silly FE board newbs
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#42ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 3/5/2013 8:52:50 AM
I laughed at this topic. Yet another person overrating FE7 just for ****s and giggles, but this time discussing its characters of all things? Oh god.
#43ProtosHeis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:42:43 AM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
I laughed at this topic. Yet another person overrating FE7 just for ****s and giggles, but this time discussing its characters of all things? Oh god.

FE7 has the best cast by far. The character designs were simple and to the point and they had badasses like Uther and Jaffar. The later FE character designs are way too over the top and look stupid, like Lissa's cage dress and Panne the giant rabbit. They're don't even feel like real FE characters.
---
Let's press on and on and on
#44Deoxys_PrimePosted 3/5/2013 9:51:16 AM
ProtosHeis posted...
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...

FE7 has the best cast by far. The character designs were simple and to the point and they had badasses like Uther and Jaffar. The later FE character designs are way too over the top and look stupid, like Lissa's cage dress and Panne the giant rabbit. They're don't even feel like real FE characters.

I feel like this is nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. FE7 was great, of course, but why bother throwing comparisons out to try to say FE13 is bad? I've enjoyed every FE I've played thus far. I like the designs of many characters as well. Most of the characters in this game could easily fit in in another game in the series.

I could nitpick at how the characters in Tales of Graces f (even though I really did love the game) are all tropes (with a little bit more) and have been done many times. (Here's looking at you amnesiac in a field, oh wait, that's in this game too.) I don't see why we're trying to degrade FE13. FE13 attempts to develop way too many characters and falls short.

Some designs are stupid. Some designs are great. Some characters have no personality. Some characters have a fair amount of personality. Anyway, I'm rambling. I just wanted to point out that nitpicking minor issues with the game isn't going to make this game or the next game any better.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#45MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/5/2013 11:07:49 AM
ProtosHeis posted...
FE7 was also the game that introduced the coolest FE villain ever: Nergal. No one can top him and it's a crime that he wasn't in SSB Brawl. What does Grima Wormtongue have on him? Nothing, that's what.

Nergal? NERGAL?

I just died of laughter.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Claims the Speed Booster. SHINE-SPAAARRRKKK!!!
#46MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/5/2013 11:09:26 AM
ProtosHeis posted...
Here's another example of this game's cast's shortcomings. From MJ's review:

"A large portion of Awakening's plot revolves around pairing your army up and mating them to produce offspring to fight for you, assisted by the uber-creepy old man Hubba. You can't avoid pairing at least some of your party members up, either. This isn't any sort of measured adult romance, but the stunted and immature "waifu" fanservice that plagues Japanese games and anime. You can also purchase DLC that includes beach and spa scene fanserevice, a depressingly familiar staple of Japanese RPGs these days. The whole mechanic is distasteful, embarrassing, and creepy.

Nintendo even went the extra mile and added pedophile fanservice in the form of a childlike 10 year old girl in whore's clothing that can be married off and bred. Oh and you save her from a life of apparent "slavery" (I'll let you guess which sort), and she has lines like "People often forget I've been around the block a few thousand times." I wish I was making this up. But it's ok, because she's really a '1,000 year old dragon' or something. I found this character far more offensive than any combat related issue."

Yep. Definitely trolling.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Claims the Speed Booster. SHINE-SPAAARRRKKK!!!
#47RenamonFOXPosted 3/5/2013 11:09:33 AM
ProtosHeis posted...
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...

Why are you even here? It sounds like you'd be happier on a FE7 board.
---
Nobody has a larger "Ignored Users" list than I do.
#48WestbrickIIIPosted 3/5/2013 11:32:44 AM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Nergal? NERGAL?

I just died of laughter.

Look at all of these compelling arguments.

Yep. Definitely trolling.

Look at all of these compelling arguments.
#49ProtosHeis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 8:18:48 AM
ProtosHeis posted...
FE7 was also the game that introduced the coolest FE villain ever: Nergal. No one can top him and it's a crime that he wasn't in SSB Brawl. What does Grima Wormtongue have on him? Nothing, that's what.

Nergal? NERGAL?

I just died of laughter.

Nergal is a much better villain than all of Awakening's villains combined.
---
Let's press on and on and on
#50Mujika1991Posted 3/6/2013 8:31:08 AM
LOL, Nergal..Ha..ha..ha..ha fail more please..