Rate the Skill, Chapter 20: Speed +2 and Relief

#1guedesbrawlPosted 3/4/2013 6:07:36 PM(edited)
Since these next few classes are Gender-Specific, the "who can learn and etc..." part will be a little bigger and troublesome. Oh, well.

-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)

-------------------

Well, at least with weapon weight gone, Peggies aren't stuck with bad lances during the baby-sitting part just so they can double and kill faster.

-------------------

Characters that start with Speed +2 and can learn Relief: Sumia, Cordelia.

Characters that start with both skills: Cynthia, Morgan (born from those 3)

Characters that can learn either skill: Lissa, Mariabelle, Olivia, Say'ri, Emmeryn, Aversa, Severa, Female Avatar, Female Morgan.

Characters that do not have access to the class but can pass it to female children: Gaius, Donnel, Male Avatar (Fighter-->Pegasus Knight)

Characters that can inherit the skills and the class required: Lucina (Sumia, Mariabelle, Olivia, Avatar), Kjelle (Donnel, Gaius, Avatar), Noire (Donnel, Gaius, Avatar), Nah (Donnel, Gaius, Avatar)

Characters that can inherit the skill but not the class required: Owain, Inigo, Brady, Male Morgan.

-------------------

Speed +2 is self-explanatory. The thing is, a single point in Speed can totally change the outcome of the fight, thanks to Doubling or lack of thereof.

Considering that a difference of 5 points of speed between the combatants are needed for it to really matter, this skill can help a lot. There are better skills than it, but it's the only basic "stat +X" skill that i'd give a B.

Relief allows you to recover 20% of your HP at the start of Player Phase if no units are within a 3 tile radius.

This skill won't give a big healing bonus, healing only 12 Hp to a unit with 60, and that's the usual cap. Units with high Movement can use it and go back to the fray with no problems, specially fliers, as long as the unit isn't on foot, it's an okay skill. I give it a C.

---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2Deoxys_PrimePosted 3/4/2013 5:41:40 PM
Speed +2 - C

Doesn't do a whole lot. It's a waste of a skill slot but it's not awful.

Renewal - C

There are skills that do the same but better. Outclassed and not worth much.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#3welkin_gPosted 3/4/2013 5:45:22 PM
Relief was okay when it was a free skill on Elincia (called Renewal). It sucks beyond belief in a game where you can collect and customize any number of powerful skills. I give it a Z out of 10.

Speed +2 - Unlike other stats, speed doesn't just make your unit incrementally powerful, but can immediately double your unit's power when it crosses the doubling threshold. In some rare cases, 2 speed can work out to a greater damage output than silly procs like Aether and Astra. I'd say it deserves at least a B.
#4LurkerkillerPosted 3/4/2013 5:47:14 PM
C for Speed.
D for Relief.

Reasons are obvious for both, if people can't figure out why then they probably haven't played the game.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#5welkin_gPosted 3/4/2013 5:50:43 PM
By the way, if you are going to moderate these tiers, I'd suggest you throw out garbage votes that provide zero justifications.
#6guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 6:14:24 PM(edited)
And the results came in:

Rally Defense got a C (people like to murder one enemy instead of helping everyobdy survive and murder more things easily...?) and Pavise got an A.

also:
welkin_g posted...
Relief was okay when it was a free skill on Elincia (called Renewal). It sucks beyond belief in a game where you can collect and customize any number of powerful skills. I give it a Z out of 10.

There is no such a skill in the Tellius games. Renewal is in Awakening too: It's like Relief, except it does not have the silly isolation requirement. In the Tellius games it healed 10% HP, here it heals 30%.

Elinica starts with both Renewal and Relief as a spotpass unit. DLC Elincia does not have Relief.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#7Model_OmegaPosted 3/4/2013 6:15:43 PM
C for Speed +2, anything that helps doubling is great but it gets dwarfed like all the other + skills later on

D for Relief, I don't think it has ever helped me.
---
Flak Jacket: Survive multiple rockets and grenades exploding by your feet, scratch from a knife to your shin insta-kills you, seems pretty legit.
#8xKYSxPosted 3/4/2013 6:16:05 PM
Speed +2 - C

not game breaking enough.

Relief - C

situational at best. better off going for renewal.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#9lordlugia_rocksPosted 3/4/2013 6:17:07 PM
Speed + 2 = B

There's better, but there's also worse and Speed is probably the most important stat. Even if it is just a +2

Relief = C

Isolating units isn't something you want to do in this game compared to other fire emblems. Also, Renewel exists sooo.... C
---
Official Shiftry of the B/W Boards! Grass type fanatic and proud of it! Lilligant and Shiftry ftw!
Pokemon Black FC: 2709-1474-4073
#10dr_burger92Posted 3/4/2013 6:18:00 PM
Speed +2: C

Relief: C
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/viewtiful_objection
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?