Why are archers in FE so hit or miss?

#1AphophPosted 3/5/2013 5:06:53 PM
FE archers haven't been that great.
#2guedesbrawlPosted 3/5/2013 5:08:14 PM
Rebecca. Shinnon. Rolf. Neimi. Anyone in this game if properly trained.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3SwampertOwnsPosted 3/5/2013 5:08:48 PM
Neimi in FE8 always turned out awesome for me. Whether she went Sniper or Ranger mattered little in the end, she was just always awesome.
---
"To be defeated is to lose everything. Are you prepared for that outcome?" - Hawke, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
#4pizzaman95Posted 3/5/2013 5:09:19 PM
All units are hit-and-miss, aside from those Lunatic+ enemies with Hawkeye.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#5SorrySleepingPosted 3/5/2013 5:09:22 PM
Archers generally only get skill and speed, suffering in all other stats. NPC Theifs should tell you something, doesn't matter if you can hit twice if the damage is 0 and they hit you for over half your HP.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#6RemembranceSkyPosted 3/5/2013 5:11:08 PM
Snipers are so underrated in Awakening. Most people don't realize how useful they are.
---
Nothing in this world lasts forever; treasure every moment like your last.
#7bronzefrogPosted 3/5/2013 5:11:17 PM
There is one archer that was not inferior to all of fellow units, and that was Shinon.

Indisputable truth, you are not permitted to argue against it.
---
Onepunch Man - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - One Piece - Soul Eater - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#8guedesbrawlPosted 3/5/2013 5:12:09 PM
SorrySleeping posted...
Archers generally only get skill and speed, suffering in all other stats. NPC Theifs should tell you something, doesn't matter if you can hit twice if the damage is 0 and they hit you for over half your HP.

wut.

I've yet to meet an archer that didn't have average or above average strength.

surely you are not saying that they are weaker than pegasus knights, right? Lances and Bows usually have similar MT. (In this game at least, the base ones are equal.)
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#9guedesbrawlPosted 3/5/2013 5:12:52 PM
bronzefrog posted...
There is one archer that was not inferior to all of fellow units, and that was Shinon.

Indisputable truth, you are not permitted to argue against it.

and there was an archer that didn't need much training to surpass him, Rolf.
---
Confession Time!
#10GuardianDreamerPosted 3/5/2013 5:14:21 PM
Gaiden archers were the best... Of course, I'm pretty sure Gaiden gets ignored by almost everyone, so yeah. But I think that the lack of an enemy phase is what usually hurts a lot of archers.