Rate the Skill, Chapter 22: Rally Movement and Galeforce

#1guedesbrawlPosted 3/6/2013 6:09:10 PM(edited)
I just found out that my game will take at least another month to arrive. Stupid Brazilian laws, customs and BS.

Just like the last topic, from now on I'll be using 2 opening posts: one with the rankings and who can learn the skills, and another talking about the actual skills. The motive for that will be clear 1 day from now...

Dedicated to SupremeZero, who still does not have a Galeforce topic. Unlike everybody else.

-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)
*Rally Speed (Falcon Knight,Lv5)
*Lancefaire (Falcon Knight,Lv15)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)
*Speed + 2 (Pegasus Knight,Lv1)
*Relief (Pegasus Knight,Lv10)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)

-------------------

Characters that star with both skills: Aversa

Characters that can learn either skill: Sumia, Cordelia, Cynthia, Lissa, Mariabelle, Olivia, Say'ri, Emmeryn, Severa, Female Avatar, Female Morgan.

Characters that do not have access to the class but can pass it to female children: Gaius, Donnel, Male Avatar (Fighter-->Pegasus Knight)

Characters that can inherit the skills and the class required: Lucina (Sumia, Mariabelle, Olivia, Avatar), Kjelle (Donnel, Gaius, Avatar), Noire (Donnel, Gaius, Avatar), Nah (Donnel, Gaius, Avatar).

Characters that can inherit the skills but not the class required: Owain, Inigo, Brady, Male Morgan.

-------------------
Please don't post yet.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 5:59:10 PM
Well, i feel another S rank incoming. Hopefully Galeforce makes the topic as good as Aether did.

But before we really talk about Galeforce, let's take a look at Rally Movement. As a Rally skill, it can be used with the Rally command, and it's effects reach every ally within a 3-tile radius from the user while lasting only a single turn. It's the only normal Rally that isn't activate during Rally Spectrum (because brown can't be seen on rainbows).

This one will give a Movement +1 bonus to the affected units. Well, it's a very cool thing, it just needs a little more planning that other Rally skills, It's a godsend when facing terrain troubles. It deserves an A rank.

Galeforce allows the unit to move again when they kill an enemy. It only works once per turn.

By ''move again'', i mean that the unit will be just like if it was the beginning of Player Phase: They can move, attack, heal, use items, use Rallies...

It's similar to Veteran in that it gives you a great bonus by doing a great thing that you were supposed to be doing anyway. That makes it a S Rank, but there are still 2 problems with this skill:

1) It isn't the end of the world if a unit does not have Galeforce. They can still kill enemies and do other things just as well as a Galeforce user, just not as fast.

2) Having two Galeforce users paired up might be a waste, since you end up with 2 great moves instead of 4 almost-as-great moves. It depends on the situation, but it's something one has to consider before pairing up.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3Rideps1Posted 3/6/2013 6:04:45 PM
B & S.

Wait... BS? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.....

Anyway, it's good as far as rallies go, IMO. If I were making a rally slave, it would definitely be required.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
An RNG'd Gangrel on the FE:A boards.
#4MarioLinkGenofaPosted 3/6/2013 6:05:44 PM
C and S
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#5ChromKirbyPosted 3/6/2013 6:05:49 PM
S,S
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bkEtc2i4hY
#6heavylobsterguyPosted 3/6/2013 6:05:59 PM
Rally Movement gets an A because it can be really nice for a person that can't reach an enemy to help others reach said enemy. Also, more movement is never a bad thing.

Galeforce gets an S because it's Galeforce. Anyone who says otherwise are probably the same fools who think Dancers are bad.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#7RaltriosPosted 3/6/2013 6:06:55 PM
Galeforce = S

Accumulate experience twice as fast, cross huge distances in a single turn, employ hit-and-run tactics... this skill has tons of utility potential. Is it necessary? Hell no. Is it useful beyond denial? Hell yes.
Excellent skill. Perhaps broken.

Rally Movement = C

I just haven't gotten much use out of it, honestly. My Ralliers usually move last, after I've bunched people up to receive more benefit from Res, Luck, and/or Speed.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991
#8occupation_bobPosted 3/6/2013 6:08:25 PM(edited)
"A character not having this skill doesn't mean they're horrible" doesn't mean "This skill won't make you godly deadly".

Galeforce deserves an instant S. It's so good it outclasses all the other S rank skills. It could really stand to have it's own overpowered group. It's useful in almost any situation.

As for Rally Movement, it's essentially Movement +1 for 3 spaces. I can't see that as broken. Your characters already have decent movement and you can solve a lot of movement problems by pairing up. I think it deserves a C. MAYBE B.

Plus, Acrobat is way better, letting you move over mountains and rivers and all sorts of junk, as if it was a plain. Not rating this at the moment, but it provides some perspective.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#9MaximumPenaltyPosted 3/6/2013 6:17:49 PM
Rally Movement - B

Galeforce - A

Come at me.
---
There is no such thing as society.
http://i42.tinypic.com/29bc6p.jpg
#10daytonthegreatPosted 3/6/2013 6:20:30 PM
Galeforce - S
Rally Movement - B
---
Mario Kart FC Code: 1332-8103-3248