Which gender do you prefer for your Avatar?

#1EvilStorm238Posted 3/6/2013 8:15:54 PM
Male was pretty cool in my first game, but so far, as I've mentioned several times, I've enjoyed female more, due to the fact she can get and pass down Galeforce in addition to strong stats to her children. Right now, she's married to Chrom in my newest game, and both Lucina and Morgan have Galeforce, which should be set to make them very awesome (more so than they were in my last game).

I will make another male Avatar sometime, but probably only when Aversa's map is available. But so far, many of the male only skills seem like Counter and Wrath seem to be useless for him unless I'm to play on harder difficulties.

Anyway, feel free to discuss this and your own opinions on this matter.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#2Alty1Posted 3/6/2013 8:18:19 PM
I prefer Male gameplay-wise, because he can pass on his versatility and godly stats to Morgan and any other kid of my choice. Plus, Female morgan is a beast (literally if you marry Panne, Nowi, or Nah).

Female story-wise. Especially if you marry Chrom.
---
Uwe Boll makes terrible movies. Anyone who tells you otherwise is Uwe Boll - Seanbaby
http://theanteheroes.com/AceAttorneys/DamonGant.png
#3SlashReturnsPosted 3/6/2013 8:18:23 PM
I prefer Male, but that's just because I'm also a guy.

I like the FeMU, but it just feels weird to me
---
3DS Friend Code: 2466-1384-6130
According to RNG I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!
#4pizzaman95Posted 3/6/2013 8:18:54 PM
I don't really have a preference. I feel the female Avatar has better options in her customization compared to the male, though.

At least I could make a reasonable recreation of myself.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#5Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/6/2013 8:22:04 PM
I've only had one playthrough as a female Avatar. Considering that, I am one as well, and the alterations to the story, I may be slightly biased towards female Avatar.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games (and other tops)- http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
#6EvilStorm238(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 8:23:23 PM
Alty1 posted...
I prefer Male gameplay-wise, because he can pass on his versatility and godly stats to Morgan and any other kid of my choice. Plus, Female morgan is a beast (literally if you marry Panne, Nowi, or Nah).

Yeah, story is also why I like playing the female Avatar more. If you marry Chrom, the sense of emotion becomes more powerful.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#7BlueDryBones1Posted 3/6/2013 8:26:07 PM
I've only tried Male MU but once I beat Lunatic+ I'll probably try a file w/ Female MU for supports and logbook so I can have FeMU in my Lunatic+ File so I have both genders.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#8Japanese_Guy09Posted 3/6/2013 8:26:41 PM
Story wise, I liked my first play-through with Femu marrying Chrom. It felt right for some reason, it made the decision near the end more dramatic.

I'm currently doing a Male play-through, and I kind of like it. Since I married Tiki :) I just want that Emmeryn DLC to come out, so I can hitch her with male MU.
---
"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier"
#9AyanokojiAkunoPosted 3/6/2013 8:28:59 PM
I like both, but to be honest, I prefer male Avatar more since that results in female Morgan, who is just too damn adorable (as opposed to male Morgan).

Story-wise, I've yet to beat the game just yet as feMU (still grinding a couple characters), but it does have more of a feel if you play as a feMU and marry Chrom. The scene with Lucina saying she has to kill you apparently changes if you have an S rank support with her (inc, male MU), there be some feels there too
---
Akuno Ayanokoji
#10SamuraiLloydPosted 3/6/2013 8:31:01 PM
Alty1 posted...

I pretty much agree. The Male Avatar has the pick of the lot when it comes to kids, able to be the father of almost any kid alongside Morgan, giving you a ton of options.

Female Avatar has less options for kids but if you marry Chrom it makes the bonds between the Avatar, Chrom and Lucina a whole lot tighter and thus gives the story more depth.
---
"I just beat Mag-Freaking-Neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!" - Deadpool
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage