Serving a challenge to the elite of this series.

#1HonzouPosted 3/7/2013 7:32:35 AM
Since I've heard that many of the elite find this game easy due to the "imbalanced" features of this game I thought it would be a nice idea to see if the elite can follow this set of rules and truly say it was easy. So here are the rules:

Difficulty/game mode: Classic/ Lunatic or Lunatic+

No Second Seals
No Grinding
no Veteran (yup as soon as possible you have to remove it)
No Pair ups
No Nosferatu (Aversa's Night or any other life steal spell)
No Support
You can only use Master seals when you reach lvl 20 on each character.
No children characters besides Lucina
No Spot Pass characters
No resets (you lose an unit, they stay dead)

If you cheat on any of this rules, do not bother posting here, cause most likely you will do a terrible job at hiding it.

Good luck with the challenge.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#2SWBF2PilotPosted 3/7/2013 7:34:42 AM
IMPOSSIBRU!
---
"Siegfried: He has no need for words, he speaks with whiffs."
-Wandrian
#3welkin_gPosted 3/7/2013 7:35:24 AM
Honzou posted...
Since I've heard that many of the elite find this game easy due to the "imbalanced" features of this game I thought it would be a nice idea to see if the elite can follow this set of rules and truly say it was easy. So here are the rules:

No Second Seals
No Grinding
No Pair ups
No Support
No Spot Pass characters

If you cheat on any of this rules, do not bother posting here, cause most likely you will do a terrible job at hiding it.

What exactly are you trying to prove? You can play Mario without using the jump button, and it'll be the hardest difficulty mode of any game. There's a point where arbitrary restrictions stop being a challenge and cross over into idiocy. Your "challenge" is well past that point.
#4vermillion719Posted 3/7/2013 7:36:21 AM
Honzou posted...

inb4 all completions of this challenge, legitimate or otherwise, are blown off with "no you're lying."
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
#5DunnoBroPosted 3/7/2013 7:40:28 AM
If no pair-up, what's the point in removing veteran?

Also yea, arbitrary restrictions. It was agreed upon a long time ago that lunatic was designed around pair-up.
---
>Implying I don't actually know
#6Honzou(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 7:40:41 AM
My point? Is quite simple. If the elite of the series find this game easy then how about providing a set of rules that will challenge them.

Personally I'll be doing this myself once I feel comfortable with the game.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
#7welkin_gPosted 3/7/2013 7:41:26 AM
Honzou posted...
My point? Is quite simple. If the elite of the series find this game easy then how about providing a set of rules that will challenge them.

Personally I'll be doing this myself once I feel comfortable with the game.

If you have to provide that many ridiculous rules to make a game challenging, then all you're doing is basically proving that the game is too easy.
#8vermillion719Posted 3/7/2013 7:42:27 AM
welkin_g posted...
Honzou posted...

No Second Seals
No Grinding
No Pair ups
No Support
No Spot Pass characters

What exactly are you trying to prove? You can play Mario without using the jump button, and it'll be the hardest difficulty mode of any game. There's a point where arbitrary restrictions stop being a challenge and cross over into idiocy. Your "challenge" is well past that point.

Also, not really, this would definitely be doable. It's basically any other typical Fire Emblem game at this point.

-Second Seals don't exist in other FEs, and no reclassing is a pretty standard rule for such a challenge.
-Grinding doesn't exist in most other FEs, and is also a pretty standard rule.
-Veteran: see Second Seals.
-Pair Up: see Second Seals.
-Nosferatu and similar weapons aren't usually readily available in the first place.
-Support is probably the one I find a little weird, but I guess it DOES give bonuses, so.
-The Master Seal thing is also a little strange, but mainly because it's not really a restriction in the same way. Since you can't reclass, you can't get infinite stats, which means waiting to Master Seal is actually beneficial.
-No children makes sense. They tend to break the game. (And since supports aren't allowed, they're impossible anyway.)
-No Spotpass also makes sense, but I wonder, are DLC characters also forbidden? It would make sense.
-No resets also makes fine sense.

Really, this is a fairly typical ruleset for a Fire Emblem challenge. I dare say if the TC wanted to flush out the masochists, they aren't anywhere NEAR the limit of possibility.
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
#9RenamonFOXPosted 3/7/2013 7:44:22 AM
welkin_g posted...

Basically this. If you were good enough to even dream of completing this "challenge" you posted, you'd know it was impossible.

To make a point, try beating chapter 1 in Lunatic+ without pair up. Abuse veteran in the prologue and do all the other "cheating" things you can think of to get as strong as possible if you like, but the removal of that one aspect makes chapter 1 unclearable.

...Now add "No second seals, no veteran, no supports, no fish on Fridays, no baths, no right hand, etc. etc.".
---
Nobody has a larger "Ignored Users" list than I do.
#10Honzou(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 7:56:42 AM(edited)
Not really remember that most people say that the game is easy cause they just go and abuse second seals and/or grind.

Also making challenges to make games harder are not proving that the game is easy.

Example: When X-Com came out people made self imposed challenges to make the game which was already hard for them even more harder.

Edit: Thanks Vermilion, nice to see someone put some thought into the answer instead of just shutting it down. To the part of the Mastery seal and waiting for lvl 20, well I thought it should be fair to allow class promotion cause otherwise it would undoable. Even for me.
---