Serving a challenge to the elite of this series.

#11welkin_gPosted 3/7/2013 7:58:04 AM
vermillion719 posted...

Really, this is a fairly typical ruleset for a Fire Emblem challenge. I dare say if the TC wanted to flush out the masochists, they aren't anywhere NEAR the limit of possibility.

Other Fire Emblems don't have enemies whose stats are tuned for Awakening's mechanics.
#12welkin_gPosted 3/7/2013 8:01:31 AM
Honzou posted...
Not really remember that most people say that the game is easy cause they just go and abuse second seals and/or grind.

Also making challenges to make games harder are not proving that the game is easy.

Example: When X-Com came out people made self imposed challenges to make the game which was already hard for them even more harder.

Edit: Thanks Vermilion, nice to see someone put some thought into the answer instead of just shutting it down. To the part of the Mastery seal and waiting for lvl 20, well I thought it should be fair to allow class promotion cause otherwise it would undoable. Even for me.

Using a second seal isn't exactly "Abuse." It's one of the fundamental mechanics of the game. You might as well say people "abuse" attacking with weapons. Grinding DLC maps might constitute "abuse" much like Arena abuse and boss abuse of early games, but it's inane to call using second seals or pairing up "abuse" of game mechanics.
#13DemiseEndPosted 3/7/2013 8:06:30 AM
Other fire emblem did not have Counter

Other fire emblem did not have screwed up stats progression

Other fire emblem usually have a trick to make it a cakewalk, sometimes included with joke enemy stats. Thracia 776 with Asvel Safy One Turn Kill and Shadow Dragon Sheeda being the prominent example. Both of these did not have screwed up stats progression as well because the enemy is a joke

I mean cmon, this game did not have unit that is even close to the brokeness that is Marcus in the highest difficulty of FE7. As much as many *****ed about Mu-Lite(such as me), Nos(such as me), or just about anything(such as me), im not seeing MU soloing the game for most of the chapters, and getting me a character who is like himself but better(just like Marcus into Pent into Harken), at least without spotpass

And no pair up is stupid. Thats like saying, do a HHM run without using Rescue
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#14spyke252Posted 3/7/2013 8:07:10 AM
Honzou posted...
Not really remember that most people say that the game is easy cause they just go and abuse second seals and/or grind.

Also making challenges to make games harder are not proving that the game is easy.

Example: When X-Com came out people made self imposed challenges to make the game which was already hard for them even more harder.

Edit: Thanks Vermilion, nice to see someone put some thought into the answer instead of just shutting it down. To the part of the Mastery seal and waiting for lvl 20, well I thought it should be fair to allow class promotion cause otherwise it would undoable. Even for me.

The problem isn't just that the game is easy. The problem is that most of the aspects you mention make the game fairly trivial, but without them, the game is literally impossible . This is the entire basis around Westbrick's 4/10 review. Myself, I find Lunatic+ to be fairly challenging with the simple rule that I'm not allowed to farm seals, nor buy them in the chapter 12/16 shops. Only using the ones given to you by the game makes it much harder, regardless of whether you allow grinding or not.
#15DunnoBroPosted 3/7/2013 8:07:34 AM
vermillion719 posted...
welkin_g posted...
Honzou posted...
Since I've heard that many of the elite find this game easy due to the "imbalanced" features of this game I thought it would be a nice idea to see if the elite can follow this set of rules and truly say it was easy. So here are the rules:

Difficulty/game mode: Classic/ Lunatic or Lunatic+

No Second Seals
No Grinding
no Veteran (yup as soon as possible you have to remove it)
No Pair ups
No Nosferatu (Aversa's Night or any other life steal spell)
No Support
You can only use Master seals when you reach lvl 20 on each character.
No children characters besides Lucina
No Spot Pass characters
No resets (you lose an unit, they stay dead)

If you cheat on any of this rules, do not bother posting here, cause most likely you will do a terrible job at hiding it.

Good luck with the challenge.

What exactly are you trying to prove? You can play Mario without using the jump button, and it'll be the hardest difficulty mode of any game. There's a point where arbitrary restrictions stop being a challenge and cross over into idiocy. Your "challenge" is well past that point.

Also, not really, this would definitely be doable. It's basically any other typical Fire Emblem game at this point.

-Second Seals don't exist in other FEs, and no reclassing is a pretty standard rule for such a challenge.
-Grinding doesn't exist in most other FEs, and is also a pretty standard rule.
-Veteran: see Second Seals.
-Pair Up: see Second Seals.
-Nosferatu and similar weapons aren't usually readily available in the first place.
-Support is probably the one I find a little weird, but I guess it DOES give bonuses, so.
-The Master Seal thing is also a little strange, but mainly because it's not really a restriction in the same way. Since you can't reclass, you can't get infinite stats, which means waiting to Master Seal is actually beneficial.
-No children makes sense. They tend to break the game. (And since supports aren't allowed, they're impossible anyway.)
-No Spotpass also makes sense, but I wonder, are DLC characters also forbidden? It would make sense.
-No resets also makes fine sense.

Really, this is a fairly typical ruleset for a Fire Emblem challenge. I dare say if the TC wanted to flush out the masochists, they aren't anywhere NEAR the limit of possibility.

Veteran is in other FEs... Paragon, and it's even much weaker.

The challenge is also essentially impossible just because of no Resets. For the first few chapters, Frederick would be your only hope of taking on multiple enemies, and he's forged to engage multiple hammers with 50%+ chance of hitting(And they have multiple turns to try), if frederick dies, you're done.

This challenge was arbitrarily made by someone who obviously doesn't even understand what was, and wasn't considered when designing Lunatic. This challenge might be possible by the notion of less than thousandths of a percent. (probably more)

It'd be fine for hard mode, since it definitely doesn't seem to have accounted for pair-up, and supports not being that helpful without pair-up anyway. But lunatic obviously does. (definitely doesn't for second seals, though)

No one's going to attempt your arbitrary, over-the-top, RNG-Based challenge on lunatic.
---
>Implying I don't actually know
#16supershyguy65Posted 3/7/2013 8:08:53 AM
Awakening assumes you use these, so the game would be impossible with those conditions. Either you steamroll the enemies, or they steamroll you. There is no middle ground.
#17vermillion719Posted 3/7/2013 8:11:11 AM
welkin_g posted...
vermillion719 posted...

Other Fire Emblems don't have enemies whose stats are tuned for Awakening's mechanics.

Well I guess that's what makes it a challenge, isn't it? Figuring out how to overcome those enemies without said mechanics.

If you don't think you can handle it, that's fine, but you have no right to lash out at TC just because you think his/her rules are "arbitrary and impossible to win by." Maybe it is impossible, maybe not. I dunno, I prefer to stomp maps hardcore anyway. But that doesn't take away the right to pose the challenge.
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
#18welkin_gPosted 3/7/2013 8:11:34 AM
DunnoBro posted...

Paragon is weaker than veteran. First of all, availability. In FE9 only Astrid and Geoffrey have it, and in FE10 you can't use it until you promote. Second, FE9 and 10 didn't have infinite leveling. If you got Astrid in chapter 1, and she could gain 60 levels over the course of the game, then Paragon might exceed Veteran in terms of brokenness.
#19DunnoBroPosted 3/7/2013 8:13:35 AM
welkin_g posted...
DunnoBro posted...

Paragon is weaker than veteran. First of all, availability. In FE9 only Astrid and Geoffrey have it, and in FE10 you can't use it until you promote. Second, FE9 and 10 didn't have infinite leveling. If you got Astrid in chapter 1, and she could gain 60 levels over the course of the game, then Paragon might exceed Veteran in terms of brokenness.

That doesn't make Paragon weaker, that makes it harder to get.

Also, Infinite grinding is broken in itself. Veteran isn't the problem there.
---
>Implying I don't actually know
#20welkin_gPosted 3/7/2013 8:13:55 AM
vermillion719 posted...
welkin_g posted...
vermillion719 posted...

Well I guess that's what makes it a challenge, isn't it? Figuring out how to overcome those enemies without said mechanics.

If you don't think you can handle it, that's fine, but you have no right to lash out at TC just because you think his/her rules are "arbitrary and impossible to win by." Maybe it is impossible, maybe not. I dunno, I prefer to stomp maps hardcore anyway. But that doesn't take away the right to pose the challenge.

I honestly don't think you've played Lunatic or paid much attention to enemy stats. Without pairing up and using veteran, you will get doubled and one-rounded by literally every enemy ever.