*Spoilers inside* Run-Down of my no grind, no second seal Lunatic Run.

#1DunnoBroPosted 3/7/2013 9:32:25 AM(edited)
Where WestBrick saw a wall, i saw a platform!

Things of note: Nosferatu, Renown Awards(Under 2000), Event Tiles, And Children were allowed.

First few chapters (Before full options unlock) I try to grind up the few characters I plan on using fairly evenly. By Chapter 4, the minimum level of the following units is 7.

Chrom. (Lv.10)
My Unit (Lv.10)
Kellam (Lv.8)
Sully. (Lv. 8)
Sumia (Lv.8)

-Spares-
Lissa. (Lv.11) (To be replaced by maribelle)

After these, I'd only take gaius, tharja, and cordelia for the rest of the game. Healbots Lissa/Maribelle would be used when needed. Lissa was eventually healbotted to lv.20 then to war cleric, then healbotted to lv.5 for Rally Luck. (Thought it might help... it didn't)

These were the pairings:

Sumia x MU (Pass on Rally Speed/Spectrum)
Chrom x Sully (Pass on Aether/Luna)
Kellam x Cordelia (Pass on Rally Speed/Defense)
Gaius x Tharja (Just for S Support. Noire is bad without Second Seals)
Maribelle x Frederick (Outdoor Fighter/Rally Resistance) Had to really grind for this one. Used the seed ring, fed event tiles, and healbot grinded on. Mainly just wanted her kid for a slightly less garbage healbot later on. Was quickly outclassed by healbot grinded FalcoKnights, Sumia and Cordelia.

Hitting essentially the same wall the first attempt, I prepared with Rallys to deal with the scaled stats of later enemies. And it proved invaluable.

With +8 Speed/Defense(Resistance when needed) and +4 to all other stats i hardened my resolve to get over the wall. It almost worked TOO well for some chapters, but a lot of sacrifices has to be made:

Reliance on tonics from early game came back late game, usually spent on speed/defense, and HP rarely. Spent approximately 6600 on tonics throughout the game. With Rallys, that was +10 Speed/Defense/Resistance)

No GaleForce inheritance for kids. However, Sumia and Morgan did get to be dark fliers, and get it on their own eventually. (With MU As the father, their magic stat was actually good.

The Majority of late-game became a form-up + Rally fest.

Only Chrom, MU, Sully, Tharja, and Cordelia could really hold their own once the children were starting to become reliable. Kellam, Sumia, and Mari were brought to missions, but only as rally slaves for the kids to survive/grind. Frederick was benched entirely.

Ignored, and lost a LOT of chests because i would just stand my ground in one spot, and inch forward. Also had to use rescue staves a lot for rescue missions/paralogues. (Had to use 3 times for Severa -.-)

---------------------------------------Shout outs------------------------------------------

To Brady from easily going from Cleric to Sage due to healbotting, easiest kid to train ever.

My Daughters Morgan, and Cynthia for GaleForce + Rally spectrum, speed, and movement Combo giving the form-up + rally strategy the ability to pick off oncoming troublemakers, then costlessly prepare for the next turn.

Severa for being my official Forged weapon user, 100+ use forged tomahawks + Sol saved my ass.

Lucina for being my most reliable high damage output unit, made Lunatic not only doable, but with Rallys, actually able to kill Grima on her own with Chrom Paired Up.

Tharja for being a Dark Mage. That's all.

The Merchant for all those Tonics, Forges, and Heal Staves. (Must've went through at least 50 heal staves)

My wife Sumia, and the Single Mom Cordelia for healbotting from lv.1 FalcoKnights to Lv.10+ in the same chapter.

Second seals for being worth so much sold back to merchants :)

Casual mode for making this possible with pseudo save states. (Never sacrificed units, mind you. ) and making me confident on taking this run on classic next time :)
---
>Implying I don't actually know
#2DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:43:36 AM
----In Closing----

So Lunatic is actually doable without second seals. I'd place it about as hard as shadow dragon lunatics, and fe6 hard mode. And much harder (due to fake difficulty/poor map design) than Hector Hard Mode.
---
#3MAtt5TERPosted 3/7/2013 9:12:53 AM
WestBrick saw the wall at Chapter 14. Come back to us then. Also, he didn't use any renown and items from event tiles.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#4spyke252Posted 3/7/2013 9:17:26 AM
MAtt5TER posted...
WestBrick saw the wall at Chapter 14. Come back to us then. Also, he didn't use any renown and items from event tiles.

Did you read the post? Anyway, TC, nice job. We should at one point devise a list of required exploits to use for each mode.
#5welkin_gPosted 3/7/2013 9:23:11 AM
Sumia joins in chapter 3 at level 1. She's maybe killing an archer or two in chapter 2, and not doing anything for chapter 4. I don't buy it for one second that you got her to level 8 by the end of chapter 4.
#6DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:29:52 AM
welkin_g posted...
Sumia joins in chapter 3 at level 1. She's maybe killing an archer or two in chapter 2, and not doing anything for chapter 4. I don't buy it for one second that you got her to level 8 by the end of chapter 4.

She ground on the knights, archers, and killed the boss in the chapter she joined. I also did paralogue 1. (she only killed the archers though, kellam/my unit/donnel ground on them)
---
#7welkin_gPosted 3/7/2013 9:38:56 AM
DunnoBro posted...
welkin_g posted...

She ground on the knights, archers, and killed the boss in the chapter she joined. I also did paralogue 1. (she only killed the archers though, kellam/my unit/donnel ground on them)

I'm not finding this convincing. I don't see how Sumia is getting 8 levels from chipping a few times and killing 6 archers and one boss. I'm not saying you're lying on the internet for whatever reasons, but the fact is Sumia is not gaining a level each time she kills an archer.
#8DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:43:47 AM
welkin_g posted...
DunnoBro posted...
welkin_g posted...

I'm not finding this convincing. I don't see how Sumia is getting 8 levels from chipping a few times and killing 6 archers and one boss. I'm not saying you're lying on the internet for whatever reasons, but the fact is Sumia is not gaining a level each time she kills an archer.

She killed three bosses. Her boss, paralogue, and marth.. and of course a few enemies all on her own.

I actually still have the save file from that time, that's how i got the levels right, i saved there, and at chapter 11 so i won't have to completely restart if i hit the wall again.

I can show it to you in a video, showing that no DLC maps have any turn counters if you're really skeptical. :)
---
#9welkin_gPosted 3/7/2013 9:51:37 AM
DunnoBro posted...

She killed three bosses. Her boss, paralogue, and marth.. and of course a few enemies all on her own.

I actually still have the save file from that time, that's how i got the levels right, i saved there, and at chapter 11 so i won't have to completely restart if i hit the wall again.

I can show it to you in a video, showing that no DLC maps have any turn counters if you're really skeptical. :)

Oh no, I'm just questioning out loud, because it seems like a very tough trick to get both Sumia and Sully to those levels. I'm happy to take your word for it.

I'd also like to know where you got the funds to buy potions and whether you had to use the forges.
#10DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 10:04:35 AM
welkin_g posted...
DunnoBro posted...

Oh no, I'm just questioning out loud, because it seems like a very tough trick to get both Sumia and Sully to those levels. I'm happy to take your word for it.

I'd also like to know where you got the funds to buy potions and whether you had to use the forges.

Well, it's not like i can blame you for being so skeptical. I did a LOT of grinding on single units in chapters 3 and paralogue 1.

Tonics aren't that expensive(like 150 each). one L buillion bade for the entire playthroughs tonic uses, and you get a lot of gold as you go along...

I only got speed, and defense ones. And usually only one for each person. Ex. Speed for Kellam, Def for Sumia.

I didn't use THAT many forges(before severa, anyway), i only forged a celica's tome, an Eirika's Blade, an Iron Lance for Sumia, and after that hand axes/tomahawks for Severa and her amrsthrift.
---