Fire Emblem is not a balanced series playable character wise.

#1AphophPosted 3/7/2013 9:03:10 PM
But that's okay. I'm sure nobody plays FE for the character balance.
#2RenamonFOXPosted 3/7/2013 9:04:36 PM
inb4FE7fanboys.

But srsly, Fire Emblem is not a "balanced" game in general, as you can anticipate the enemy's actions with 100% accuracy, making it more like "connect the dots meets RNG intervention" than a game of skill.
---
Nobody has a larger "Ignored Users" list than I do.
#3WestbrickIIIPosted 3/7/2013 9:09:08 PM
Seriously though, Fire Emblem 7 Ranked is the most balanced strategy mode I've ever played.
#4Aphoph(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:11:27 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
Seriously though, Fire Emblem 7 Ranked is the most balanced strategy mode I've ever played.

Pretty sure Blazing Sword has a tier list.
#5PK_GamingPosted 3/7/2013 9:11:27 PM
Aphoph posted...

uh-huh

did your imaginary friend tell you that? i'm pretty sure you don't speak for everyone dude
---
I know the Keyblade didn't choose me, and I don't care.
I'm proud to be a small part of something bigger-- the people it did choose.
#6SazukeEXPosted 3/7/2013 9:11:56 PM
Pshaw, FE7 wasn't the perfection of balance either.

So much QQ I hear about Lyn and Eliwood being horrible characters and Hector being God Tier.

They're all main characters, like THEE main characters. I think balance has failed if one of them is so ridiculously far ahead of the other two who struggle against non-Mains like Sain.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#7WestbrickIIIPosted 3/7/2013 9:15:44 PM
Aphoph posted...
Pretty sure Blazing Sword has a tier list.

"Blazing Sword isn't perfectly balanced so it's just as unbalanced as every other strategy game."

SazukeEX posted...
So much QQ I hear about Lyn and Eliwood being horrible characters and Hector being God Tier.

They're both mid-tier characters. Hector is amazing on Eliwood Ranked, but suffers from a late and costly promotion (you can promote two other characters for the same price). He's average on his own mode.
#8Aphoph(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:15:47 PM
PK_Gaming posted...
Aphoph posted...

uh-huh

did your imaginary friend tell you that? i'm pretty sure you don't speak for everyone dude

So when did you decide to play FE for the character balance.

Since none of the pre-Blazing Sword FEs are balanced. Neither are the ones after BS.
#9WestbrickIIIPosted 3/7/2013 9:17:44 PM
Aphoph posted...
Since none of the pre-Blazing Sword FEs are balanced. Neither are the ones after BS.

FE4 Ranked and FE5 Ranked are reasonably well-balanced. FE4's a unique case in that while some units are hilariously good and others are terrible, you need to use everyone extensively.
#10DemiseEndPosted 3/7/2013 9:19:59 PM
Ballance is relative

Unless both player are put in the exact same odds everytime, a true ballance will never happen, but that's okay because a truly ballanced game are most of the time boring

That being said FE7 happen to be the most relatively ballanced in the series, since you can't Marcus in Ranked
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it