How do you feel about the GBA Fire Emblem games?

#11SkaldskaparmalPosted 3/8/2013 9:57:14 AM
Jstretch19 posted...
I like all three, but I think FE7 is horrendously overrated.

Sums it up.
#12KysafenPosted 3/8/2013 10:01:51 AM
Natatteru posted...
Is Binding Blade the hipster name for Sword of Seals, just like Rekka no Ken?

Binding Blade is the name Nintendo gave it on the English release of Smash Brawl... I think? I guess it's its official name...

And I still reject it. The way it's written is "Fuin no Tsurugi", which can either mean "Sword of Seal" or "Sword of Seals". It should've been the latter because not only is it a sacred weapon which, for the purpose of never causing another Ending Winter again, was sealed away, but it also sealed Idoun, the Dark Dragon.

Nintendo completely struck out on that poor excuse of a localized name.
---
Awakening is deep, has a fast and efficient game engine,is fun to play, and actually manages to live up to fan hype, unlike that piece of crap, Seisen no Keifu.
#13Jstretch19Posted 3/8/2013 10:06:28 AM
Kysafen posted...
And I still reject it. The way it's written is "Fuin no Tsurugi", which can either mean "Sword of Seal" or "Sword of Seals". It should've been the latter because not only is it a sacred weapon which, for the purpose of never causing another Ending Winter again, was sealed away, but it also sealed Idoun, the Dark Dragon.

Yeah, what's funny is NoA did a pretty decent job with localizing Awakening, but has failed ridiculously hard at localizing the names from the older FEs (lolCed).
---
Screw GS
#14jtonic21Posted 3/8/2013 10:11:48 AM
they are all overrated.
#15Segmented OdinPosted 3/8/2013 10:22:12 AM
Kysafen posted...
Natatteru posted...

Binding Blade is the name Nintendo gave it on the English release of Smash Brawl... I think? I guess it's its official name...

Binding can also refer to sealing something away. I'm not a fan of it but I guess Path of Radiance was just too many words, going with more than two now is apparently a sin.

Jstretch19 posted...

Yeah, what's funny is NoA did a pretty decent job with localizing Awakening, but has failed ridiculously hard at localizing the names from the older FEs (lolCed).

OMG HOW DARE NoA NOT USE THESE BASTARDIZED VERSIONS OF NAMES THAT THE INTERNET HAS BEEN USING FOREVER, BASED ON A TRANSLATION THAT WAS PROBABLY WRONG!!!

Seriously. Japanese to English is a *****, and that's even assuming you are doing it half right, which a lot of unofficial translations don't do.
#16welkin_gPosted 3/8/2013 10:25:25 AM
Kysafen posted...
Natatteru posted...

And I still reject it. The way it's written is "Fuin no Tsurugi", which can either mean "Sword of Seal" or "Sword of Seals".

It can and probably does mean Sealing Sword. The particle "no" can mean "of," but it's also used for adjectives in general. For example, Shiro no Kuruma is not "the car of white," but a white car.
#17rhys855Posted 3/8/2013 10:36:56 AM
jtonic21 posted...
they are all overrated.

Sword of seals is one of the most hated so no.
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#18majora123Posted 3/8/2013 10:42:28 AM
Besides this game, the GBA games are the only ones I've played. That being said, I like FE 7 and 8, but I only think 6 is ok. It has really cheap design and the difficulty comes from large waves of enemies appearing in terrible locations... and that's only normal difficulty. I can't even imagine hard! :O
---
FC's in profile 3DS: 4511-0558-2564 Wii U: Mike623 Message if u add me. I welcome all requests!
#19WhiteLensPosted 3/8/2013 12:10:58 PM
Kysafen posted...
Natatteru posted...

It's odd because Nintendo already called it the 'Sword of Seals' in Melee.

"While Roy's moves are well balanced, he's a little on the slow side, and doesn't excel at midair combat. His blade, the Sword of Seals, gives him excellent reach, and makes his Double-Edge Dance slightly different than Marth's Dancing Blade. When it's fully charged, Roy's destructive Flare Blade delivers an instant KO."

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Roy_%28SSBM%29

That was perfect, I don't know why Nintendo changed it.

Strange since I can take Sheeda being changed to Caeda and Akaneia to Archanea

But Binding Blade just sounds weird.

Granted, Nintendo may keep the actual sword named, Sword of Seals, but we won't know until it's referred to again or by some oft-chance they localize FE6 when bringing in GBA Virtual Console games.
---
Oh brilliant blade of cold as steel, rend the infinite darkness and crush my enemies to nothing... SAVAGE WOLF FURY
#20mjalal100Posted 3/8/2013 12:13:28 PM
I love all of them except Binding Blade.
---
If I had a superpower, it would be the ability to defy logic.