Lunatic+ Asset/Flaw

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Lunatic+ Asset/Flaw
2 years ago#1
Yes indeed, another Lunatic+ topic! But, well, I've been lurking the boards for a few days and gearing up for my run, and I've not really seen this issue addressed, well, anywhere.

How possible is it to clear the first four chapters with a non-Speed/Defense flaw? This is going to be my post-game file, and I would like to use +MAG, if at all possible. Anyone have any tips, strats, and suggestions for a flaw?
2 years ago#2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65611211

I think this might help
2 years ago#3
Taiphlosion posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65611211

I think this might help

I have like the fifth post in that topic, you know >_>. I already know general Lunatic+ strats. Was asking for tips on 'unconventional' assets and flaws, as that guide only gives +DEF and +SPD ones, I'm looking to roll with +MAG.
2 years ago#4
+Magic/-Resistance isn't too bad. You may want to soft reset your first few levels on your avatar until you get defense and speed rolls, though.
---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
2 years ago#5
You can do whatever flaw you want, if you go Freddie/Chrom strat. It's really not as hard as it seems, just more random- but it's your best bet if you want to go nonstandard MU.

Edit: Unless you have a hard-on for luck, -Lck is generally considered best flaw for most builds. This idea extends to Mag.
(edited by spyke252)
2 years ago#6
You can do whatever as long as you don't pick def/spd as a flaw. Get MU to 8 spd and a couple of def points before going into ch 1.

8 spd is important for not getting doubled by mercs in ch 1-3.
---
And all the feeders and trolls will look up and shout "Carry us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper "No"
2 years ago#7
Will_Underscore posted...
You can do whatever as long as you don't pick def/spd as a flaw. Get MU to 8 spd and a couple of def points before going into ch 1.

8 spd is important for not getting doubled by mercs in ch 1-3.

This.

HP+/LUK- is good too because it will give your Avatar HP 5 and 2 DEF/RES. I also advise you to not take HP as flaw too.
---
Annoy A Republican, Fight Corporation Greed !
2 years ago#8
Thanks for the input, everyone. Have a good idea of what to do now.

Also, while I see a lot of people mentioning the Fredrick/Chrom strat, does anyone have a link to a post explaining it? Never used it before.
2 years ago#9
If you want to go for a + MAG build, the best flaw is Luck, because it only mitigates your Str and Mag growth rates by 5% and reduces the Str and Mag cap by one point. Luck isn't too useful in battle unless you want to invest in Armsthrift and/or Miracle.

Here's a chart from the Serenes Forest site showing the effect of Asset/Flaw on stat growths:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_growth.html

And here's a simulator of the max stats from the same site (just select the Asset/Flaw and the Avatar's class and the simulator will show its stat caps and how the Asset/Flaw affects them):

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max_all.html
---
If life is suffering, then what does death bring?
2 years ago#10
Segmented Odin posted...

Also, while I see a lot of people mentioning the Fredrick/Chrom strat, does anyone have a link to a post explaining it? Never used it before.

They're fragmented in some really old topics, but I can make one later today.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Lunatic+ Asset/Flaw

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived