Lunatic+ Asset/Flaw

#11RenamonFOXPosted 3/9/2013 1:05:44 PM(edited)
Just follow my guide linked above, but instead of MU/Frederick, instead, it's going to be Frederick/Chrom, equipped with Tactician's bronze sword.

Since Frederick's levelups are few and far between, resets for bad levelups are significantly less common, however, since you only have one strong character, and that character also jobs to hammers, you'll want to make sure those levelups are good. Also, you will have to reset when any of the hammer brothers are sporting vantage+
---
Nobody has a larger "Ignored Users" list than I do.
#12spyke252Posted 3/9/2013 1:11:12 PM
RenamonFOX posted...
Also, you will have to reset when any of the hammer brothers are sporting vantage+

You mean Hawkeye, right? But if Freddy gets good levelups, he can actually handle a hit from the Ch3 hammerbro and the Ch1 hammerbro never has that.
#13LuckHeartPosted 3/9/2013 1:11:44 PM
cleared my games with Luk / res and luk/ def. on luna+. so very possible.
---
PSN - VpLuck
3DS FC - 2337-2876-5469
#14Segmented Odin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:11:56 PM
RenamonFOX posted...
Just follow my guide linked above, but instead of MU/Frederick, instead, it's going to be Frederick/Chrom, equipped with Tactician's bronze sword.

Since Frederick's levelups are few and far between, resets for bad levelups are significantly less common, however, since you only have one strong character, and that character also jobs to hammers, you'll want to make sure those levelups are good. Also, you will have to reset when any of the hammer brothers are sporting vantage+

I figured it'd be mostly the same, but I wanted to be 100%. Thanks!

I am not looking forward to the fun with Hammerbros. I seriously wish there was a way to reclass before then, not having that Armor weakness would be great.
#15RenamonFOXPosted 3/9/2013 1:15:38 PM
spyke252 posted...
RenamonFOX posted...
Also, you will have to reset when any of the hammer brothers are sporting vantage+

You mean Hawkeye, right? But if Freddy gets good levelups, he can actually handle a hit from the Ch3 hammerbro and the Ch1 hammerbro never has that.

No, I mean Vantage+. If you kite to the corner, you can initiate the attack with a MU/Sully tome and let frederick finish up with a single shot. Hammertime's hawkeye will never come into play. If he has Vantage+, you've resigned yourself to the fact you're going to get attacked, and you're going to have to rely on a lucky dodge. Frankly, that's not worth the minutes you'd put into the attempt.
---
#16LuckHeartPosted 3/9/2013 1:18:42 PM
RenamonFOX posted...
spyke252 posted...
RenamonFOX posted...

No, I mean Vantage+. If you kite to the corner, you can initiate the attack with a MU/Sully tome and let frederick finish up with a single shot. Hammertime's hawkeye will never come into play. If he has Vantage+, you've resigned yourself to the fact you're going to get attacked, and you're going to have to rely on a lucky dodge. Frankly, that's not worth the minutes you'd put into the attempt.

yeah but by this point, if freddy has a sword the hit chance of hammer is down to 10%. not having hawkeye is better than worrying about vantage+
---
PSN - VpLuck
3DS FC - 2337-2876-5469
#17spyke252Posted 3/9/2013 1:21:02 PM
RenamonFOX posted...
spyke252 posted...
RenamonFOX posted...

The chapter 1 hammerbro has, what, 20% chance to hit while in the forest? That map takes around 2 minutes to complete with Fred/Chrom. That's fine, IMO- you'll be resetting more for stat ups than for hammerbro.
Chapter 3 hammerbro has about a 13% chance to hit without hawkeye, and as stated before, you can take a hit from that provided he doesn't have Luna+. Not to mention Javelin access.
#18RenamonFOXPosted 3/9/2013 1:22:16 PM
LuckHeart posted...
RenamonFOX posted...
spyke252 posted...
RenamonFOX posted...

yeah but by this point, if freddy has a sword the hit chance of hammer is down to 10%. not having hawkeye is better than worrying about vantage+

You can outplay hawkeye. You can't outplay Vantage+.

Dodging hawkeye relies on player skill.
Dodging Vantage+ relies on the RNG's blessing, or better known as luck

Also, are you SURE that hammertime's accuracy is only 10% in chapter 1? I distinctly remember nothing had an accuracy that low.
---
#19LuckHeartPosted 3/9/2013 3:42:52 PM
my freddy paired with chrom had 13% chance of being hit... then i moved him into a forest just to be sure and it became 3%... still a lot easier than dealing with hawkeye at that point
---
PSN - VpLuck
3DS FC - 2337-2876-5469