Rate the Skill, Chapter 24: Rally Strength and Counter

#1guedesbrawlPosted 3/9/2013 8:05:26 PM
Thanks to a thunderstorm causing a blackout where I live, I though I wouldn't make it, but here I am.

I feel like I messed up badly with the inheritance part of the last chapter.

I expect great things from this one.

-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)
*Galeforce (Dark Flier, Lv15)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)
*Aptitude (Villager,Lv1)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)
*Rally Speed (Falcon Knight,Lv5)
*Lancefaire (Falcon Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Movement (Dark Flier, Lv5)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)
*Speed + 2 (Pegasus Knight,Lv1)
*Relief (Pegasus Knight,Lv10)
*Underdog (Villager,Lv1)
*HP +5 (Fighter,Lv1)
*Zeal (Fighter,Lv1)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)

-Nominations-

Sol: 5/15
Armsthrift: 3/15
Rally Spectrum: 1/15
Vantage: 3/15
Astra: 3/15
Lethality: 2/15

Rally Movement and Galeforce can be nominated as of today.

(For the rules of nominations and nomination paralogues, see the second post of this topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65638534)

-------------------

Characters that start with Rally Strength and can learn Counter: Basilio.

Characters that can learn either skill: Vaike, Donnel, Gaius, Gregor, Henry, Owain, Inigo, Gerome, Yarne, Laurent, Gangrel, Priam, Male Avatar, Male Morgan.

Characters that can inherit the skills and the class required: Brady.

Characters that can inherit the skills but not the class required: Cynthia (Gaius, Henry, Avatar), Kjelle, Severa, Noire, Nah, Female Morgan.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 8:05:33 PM
Welp, what a troublesome class. It's not just a gender-locked class but it's one that has two possible 1st tier classes. Anyway...

Rally Strength does just what you expect it to do: it gives a Strength +4 bonus to every ally within a 3-tile radius from the user. Said user forfeits a turn to give this boost by using the Rally command.

Well, it's not a big bonus unless you are doubling. and even then, your characters will get more use from a Weaponfaire skill than this skill, since the boost is much more versatile. I give it a C.

Counter, now totally different from it's Tellius counterpart, will simply return damage dealt directly. A killing blow will not be countered, unless you are saved by Miracle, and Counter does not work on enemies with the skill "Dragonskin"

For example, if a Myrmidon doubles your Counter-user for 5 damage with an iron sword, he will take 5 damage as soon as he hits you, totaling 10 damage plus your possible counterattack. Now, if an Archer attacks you, since it's not a direct attack, Counter will not activate.

Since it requires you to be directly attacked, i think the only classes that can use this skill to it's fullest are Taguels, Barbarian, Berseker, Fighter and Warrior, since they are frontliners who will take big direct damage but have enough hp to handle it. Or in other words, Glass Cannons.

The other classes either shouldn't be directly attacked at all, aren't strong enough to depend on this skill or are too defensive to use it to it's full potential. Balanced classes can use it to an extent, but it's better on the Glass Cannons.

It's awesome for your Streetpass Team, but that is irrelevant. I will not be basing my rating on that and neither should you. It's a B rank skill for me.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3NidtendofreakPosted 3/9/2013 8:07:17 PM
B/B

5 extra damage a hit is always good. Counter sounds really good in theory, but the stronger you get, the worse off it is. Naturally, its S rank for enemies, but for player characters, its at its peak when you first get it, then loses strength over time. Guess that in a way makes it the best filler skill in the game?
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#4NidtendofreakPosted 3/9/2013 8:08:21 PM
*4 Damage.

...It won't let me edit that post...
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#5xKYSxPosted 3/9/2013 8:22:56 PM
rally strength - C

same as my response for other rallies that isn't movement/spectrum

counter - B

does what it suppose to do.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#6TyrantKnightPosted 3/9/2013 8:32:34 PM
Rally Str - C. Not much more to add.
Counter - D. Useless to the player, a boon for the enemy. Completely useless outside of steetpass shenanigans.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#7LurkerkillerPosted 3/9/2013 8:35:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8spyke252Posted 3/9/2013 8:37:19 PM
C,B; Lethality.
#9LurkerkillerPosted 3/9/2013 8:38:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Huff n puff 20Posted 3/9/2013 8:39:19 PM
B, B.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition