Chrom and Sumia translation

#1Saint_Stahn1Posted 3/10/2013 12:23:22 PM
So I keep finding a lot of ChromxSumia hate around here for quite some time. Methinks one of the problems was about the translation we got from NOA.

The whole basis of the support as I see it, it's Sumia taking care of Chrom and him returning the affection she gave him. Seems legit and natural. However when the S Pie Support hits, thats when people lose their ****.

As I recall from the rough translations of Serenes forest, it wasn't pie but bento. Yes we all know that. But it was more about what THAT MEANT, rather than the food itself. The S support ended on a sweet note with Sumia asking Chrom to take care of her with Chrom complying. No mention of bentos, or royalty or whatnot, just love. You know... instead of the birth of Pie-er Emblem the Bakening joke.

I always felt that the only real rival of Sumia for Chrom's affection ''gameplaywise'' was Olivia.
FeMu is not the better choice since I don't consider it fair. The avatar itself pretty much is the best parent or spouse to ANYONE.
But since the avatar starts with Chrom, on Lunatic and Lunatic+ is pretty much a necessity to get that S rank.

Also on a personal note, I think it's rather hypocritical to call Chrom and Sumia's relationship shallow, when the FeMu's supports consist of Chrom and her walking on each other naked... so where the developers watching Ranma 1/2 on their spare time?

I don't want to start a pairing war (it already has) or add more fuel to the fire. Just saying I felt comfortable with Chrom and Sumia's possible romance due to the decent japanese dialogue. And the there's the chapter 11 post proposal scene which nets Chrom a hug. Sorry I am a fan of actual touching in a relationship, so Sumia gets Chrom by default for me.

Anyway, do you guys feel that if the translation was better handled instead of the Pie mania. Would you have been less rough on the pair?
#2Capitan_KidPosted 3/10/2013 12:26:44 PM
I thought ChromxSumia was sweet. It was a love between two people that genuinely cared for each other. Just because Sumia was being a bit dim in the S convo doesn't mean it was bad.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#3Misha-HeartPosted 3/10/2013 12:28:34 PM
I really hate the FeAvatar x Chrom pairing. It really ruins true friendship and makes it about love instead. Chrom x Sumia had much better convos and relationship, no matter how many people hate that pairing.

If they had incorporated the bonds and friendship into FeAvatar, I would've liked it more.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
#4NextgrandcrossPosted 3/10/2013 12:29:17 PM
lol, you shouldn't have done the S rank Support.

I'd hold off till after Chapter 11 if I were you.
#5PKRockin531Posted 3/10/2013 12:30:42 PM
I can't hear you over Inigo having blue hair being the best thing since sliced bread.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#6Jstretch19Posted 3/10/2013 12:31:51 PM
I hate Chrom x Sumia not because its about pie, but because its a forced canon.
---
Screw GS
#7gamezrochardPosted 3/10/2013 12:35:16 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
I hate Chrom x Sumia not because its about pie, but because its a forced canon.

Theres no such thing as forced canon. We have the option, then there is canon from the team for reference. Nobody force fed you the choice.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#8teh_kyle00Posted 3/10/2013 12:40:30 PM
I really think that even though there is pie involved, it is blown way out of proportion by some people.
---
This signature is lacking in beef.
#9Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/10/2013 12:42:08 PM
I'm partial to Chrom x Female Avatar, but I have nothing against Chrom x Sumia. I'll gladly be pairing them up in my next playthrough, though it looks like I should hold off seeing the S support to get that special chapter 11 scene.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games (and other tops)- http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
#10SazukeEXPosted 3/10/2013 12:44:56 PM
Misha-Heart posted...
I really hate the FeAvatar x Chrom pairing. It really ruins true friendship and makes it about love instead. Chrom x Sumia had much better convos and relationship, no matter how many people hate that pairing.

If they had incorporated the bonds and friendship into FeAvatar, I would've liked it more.

If you want friendship than make a dude or do'nt get S rank with Chrom as a female. There, friendship in tact. It only becomes love if you marry Chrom which makes sense, you're his wife.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.