Paralogue 10...I hate Nelson!

#1doireallyexistPosted 3/12/2013 8:10:45 AM
Can anyone give me tips about beating the boss on this map? I am able to clear the rest of the map fine otherwise. But Nelson has Thoron, and his crit rate is very high. So I try to kill him in one go, but one attack always misses and then he crits me.

Is there any way to get the enemy's crit rate to be lower? I am so sick of this chapter, cannot tell you the number of times I have reached the boss and then died :(
#2IvynnPosted 3/12/2013 8:11:41 AM
Ha ha!
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/23u31wh.gif
#3Capitan_KidPosted 3/12/2013 8:12:51 AM
Is that a kid paralogue? If it is just grind and come back later. Those paralogues are a lot more difficult
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#4MAtt5TERPosted 3/12/2013 8:33:27 AM(edited)
Is that a kid paralogue? If it is just grind and come back later. Those paralogues are a lot more difficult

Or, you can weaken him with Mages. Or, you can pair your highest Luck unit with Dancer for Luck bonuses. You know, use strategy in a strategy RPG.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#5Capitan_KidPosted 3/12/2013 8:37:10 AM
MAtt5TER posted...

Or, you can weaken him with Mages. Or, you can pair your highest Luck unit with Dancer for Luck bonuses. You know, use strategy in a strategy RPG.

He's obviously too low for it. His attacks keep missing and he's getting crit'd. If he wins he's gonna lose some units
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#6MAtt5TERPosted 3/12/2013 8:42:12 AM
He's obviously too low for it.

I am able to clear the rest of the map fine

Nah, he's within range.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#7doireallyexist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 9:21:42 AM
MAtt5TER posted...
He's obviously too low for it.

I am able to clear the rest of the map fine

Nah, he's within range.

Just to let you know...I am a girl...

But thanks for the tips guys! Unfortunately my unit with the highest luck is not that strong...well next time I try this map I pray extra hard that I don't die lol. Pairing with a dancer is also good advice, didn't think of that. Thanks!
#8Capitan_KidPosted 3/12/2013 9:49:36 AM
Did you try using a unit that has weapon advantage AND pair up AND tonics before the fight AND weakening him from long distance? What kind of unit is the boss?
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#9doshpashtaPosted 3/12/2013 10:02:13 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Did you try using a unit that has weapon advantage AND pair up AND tonics before the fight AND weakening him from long distance? What kind of unit is the boss?

This is a good point. Resistance Tonics might help.
#10almostexactlyPosted 3/12/2013 10:05:13 AM
I don't know if Resistance Tonics will help if the problem is they're getting crit to death. At best, it'll reduce 6 damage? Still, every little bit.

Ward Staffs though, those are lovely (need access to Chap 16, Paralogue 7 or Paralogue 12 shops)