Too much hate

#1warTHIEF_L_LPosted 3/14/2013 1:06:23 AM
If you look at the game objectively and play it without comparing it to every fire emblem game that it isn't, its a very fun game to play. If people properly reviewed the game, i.e. rating the game based on your first play through not your 20th, and treated it as if it were an individual title and not a part of a series it would get good reviews every time.
#2Stefan1277Posted 3/14/2013 1:13:07 AM
Yep, agreed. People just can't let go of 10 year old games. Just can't please fans anymore, you know? damned if you change, damned if you don't.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#3kenshindonoPosted 3/14/2013 1:28:47 AM
i think the fact that you play through a game 20 times at all should speak something to the fun you get out of it =P Most games barely get a single playthrough for me. Only the truley great ones warrant playthrough after playthrough (I.E. Suikoden series. The first Mass Effect, ect)
---
"Don't worry, the worst that could happen is we all die"-Jade/TOA
#4Ani-BlastPosted 3/14/2013 1:32:43 AM
I'm pretty sure you can have fun with a game and still find it mediocre when you look at it objectively.
---
JUS Code: 2621-0010-9250
#5WestbrickIIIPosted 3/14/2013 1:34:11 AM
Ani-Blast posted...
I'm pretty sure you can have fun with a game and still find it mediocre when you look at it objectively.

This would be correct. A game can be both fun and badly designed, as is the case with Awakening.
#6azn_boy150Posted 3/14/2013 1:37:35 AM
Ani-Blast posted...

---
Negative Spd modifier and mediocre class/Skill pools be damned; I'm still using Cherche.
#7warTHIEF_L_L(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 2:04:40 AM
Ani-Blast posted...

the fact that you find a game fun but still consider it to be a mediocre experience just shows that you are either not looking at it objectively at all or your experience with video game "x" or video game "y" has altered your perception of what "balance" or "good map design" is, or whatever misc. gripes complaints people have, which leads to an entirely biased opinion

if fun is your mediocre than your expectations for games is far too high
#8WestbrickIIIPosted 3/14/2013 2:09:35 AM
warTHIEF_L_L posted...
Ani-Blast posted...

the fact that you find a game fun but still consider it to be a mediocre experience just shows that you are either not looking at it objectively at all or your experience with video game "x" or video game "y" has altered your perception of what "balance" or "good map design" is, or whatever misc. gripes complaints people have, which leads to an entirely biased opinion

Not even remotely true. Have you ever heard the term "guilty pleasure"? A game can have great feel even when it's shoddily designed.
#9warTHIEF_L_L(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 2:16:22 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
warTHIEF_L_L posted...
Ani-Blast posted...

Not even remotely true. Have you ever heard the term "guilty pleasure"? A game can have great feel even when it's shoddily designed.

that "guilty pleasure" is your own issue created by your need to nitpick and dissect a game rather than play the game and enjoy the total experience, if there's any fault in a game you yourself consider fun, its YOUR fault for ruining your own experience
#10raazychxPosted 3/14/2013 2:18:05 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
warTHIEF_L_L posted...
Ani-Blast posted...

What were you expecting, a seven-hundred page novel?

Go read a book, then. Not all games are meant for story. Have you ever even tried to publish a story before? A good one, at that?

Reading is easy. Writing is easy. But good writing is hard. Maybe you should try to go write a script for video game developers and see how far that goes. Tell me how it went when you get back.