are the paid DLC characters better looking then the free dlc?

#1EbonMagicianPosted 3/14/2013 4:22:24 PM
I noticed the free DLC characters are very generic looking and look almost nothing like their characters.Are the paid DLC characters actually good looking?
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#2SazukeEXPosted 3/14/2013 4:25:18 PM
No. They look the same outside the art.

A shame.

At least the Pegasi Riders are easy to sorta mimic with FeMU head/hair.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#3Huff n puff 20Posted 3/14/2013 4:26:43 PM(edited)
Spotpass and DLC units have the same exact model unless they're different classes. (E.G. Micaiah, Roy, Alm)

But you do not buy the DLC for the character, you buy it for the map and rewards.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#4EbonMagician(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 4:27:04 PM
shame, seems like they would actually put some effort into making the head model on something you had to pay for :/ =
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#5pkmn_ballahPosted 3/14/2013 4:27:06 PM
They all look pretty Generic, the only difference is that the DLC has exclusive mugshot/artwork while spotpass uses the art from that game, The exception being Mystery of the Emblem's spotpass, which uses the New Mystery of the Emblem artwork, which I think is a nice touch.
---
"And if it was illegal to marry women that acted like children, half the men in America would be behind bars." -Torajima
MU + Lissa is <3
#6Lock_PickerPosted 3/14/2013 4:30:24 PM
That's lame
Dunno why Nintenco didn't give them the character models from each characters original game
#7Huff n puff 20Posted 3/14/2013 4:31:01 PM
EbonMagician posted...
shame, seems like they would actually put some effort into making the head model on something you had to pay for :/ =

The point is the map, not the character. Seriously.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#8legendriderPosted 3/14/2013 4:33:59 PM
EbonMagician posted...

The artwork is what they put in
Your paying for the map, not the characters
If anything, the characters have some exclusive skills they can't normally get.
But, really, getting characters is just a bonus.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#9pkmn_ballahPosted 3/14/2013 4:42:00 PM
Lock_Picker posted...
That's lame
Dunno why Nintendo didn't give them the character models from each characters original game

Because most of them are sprites, some are even 8 bit, and the rest of them are Models.
To much work on their part.
---
"And if it was illegal to marry women that acted like children, half the men in America would be behind bars." -Torajima
MU + Lissa is <3
#10Lock_PickerPosted 3/14/2013 4:45:30 PM
pkmn_ballah posted...
Lock_Picker posted...
That's lame
Dunno why Nintendo didn't give them the character models from each characters original game

Because most of them are sprites, some are even 8 bit, and the rest of them are Models.
To much work on their part.

Maybe but I think they should have done it for all the Fire Emblem fans

I would have if i worked for NoJ

Nintendo is just getting lazy with their fat wallets