Character death versus "retreat"

#1WestbrickIIIPosted 3/14/2013 8:07:02 PM(edited)
I want to make a list of the characters who actually die in Classic and those who simply retreat for plot convenience. Off the top of my head...

Game Over:
Chrom, MU

Retreat:
Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Virion, Miriel, Sumia, Mariabelle, Panne, Cordelia, Nowi, Tharja, Olivia, Cherche, Lucina, Say'ri, Basilio, Flavia, all fathers / mothers

Die:
Stahl, Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, Donnel, Dicken, Gaius, Gregor, Libra, Anna, Henry, Tiki, all non-Lucina children

That look accurate?
#2MetalKirbyPlushPosted 3/14/2013 7:57:11 PM(edited)
Nowi retreats, no specified reason. Maribelle can't die because darling Lissa could not handle that. I want to say Ricken and Sumia die (Sumia's is really ambiguous). Cordelia retreats because of something to do with not throwing the peg. knights' sacrifice away.

EDIT: Miriel retreats as her absence would be a great loss to the world of discovery and science.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#3WestbrickIII(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:56:59 PM
MetalKirbyPlush posted...
Nowi retreats, no specified reason. Maribelle can't die because darling Lissa could not handle that. I want to say Ricken and Sumia die (Sumia's is really ambiguous). Cordelia retreats because of something to do with not throwing the peg. knights' sacrifice away.

In that case, I'm assuming that all of the mothers retreat regardless of whether or not they're married.
#4MetalKirbyPlushPosted 3/14/2013 8:01:37 PM(edited)
Probably the case then. Sumia's could imply either way but I think it's retreat: "“Ungh...C-can't fight...like this...just taking up space...Sorry to...let you down...again...I'll try...not to fall...on my way out...”"

Donnel's: “Unnngh...I-I did m'best...Made the village proud...”
Dead.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#5dadkwasherePosted 3/14/2013 8:00:53 PM
Sumia retreats.
Inb4 westbrick mega ultra topic that will get 200+ posts even when everything is answered.
---
"They never understood you like I did, Snake. You're human, so its only right you go by your real name: David Hayter." *flips table*
#6Misha-HeartPosted 3/14/2013 8:01:13 PM
Donnel and Ricken do die. All mothers do retreat, regardless of marriage or not.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#7WestbrickIII(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 8:07:30 PM
Updated the OP. Interesting how few characters actually die in this one.
#8SazukeEXPosted 3/14/2013 8:08:04 PM
Basically the game is telling to just play Casual.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#9pizzaman95Posted 3/14/2013 8:09:26 PM
WestbrickIII posted...

Probably a side-effect of how children work in this game.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#10WestbrickIII(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 8:11:20 PM
pizzaman95 posted...
WestbrickIII posted...

Probably a side-effect of how children work in this game.

I don't see why. The second Lucina and the Risen enter the timeline, history has changed, so any concerns about time paradoxes are null and void. And there's really no reason units like Virion, Basilio, and Flavia should retreat other than not wanting to rewrite certain scenes with their deaths in mind.