FEA: "Don't hate me because I do it differently"

#21WebbOMG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 7:19:47 PM
arvilino posted...
WestbrickIII posted...
arvilino posted...
(e.g. thinking FE13 is bad but FF6 is good is nonsensical).

This makes absolutely no sense.

They're two sides of the same coin. If you dislike FE13 for the gameplay mechanics and broken classes and equipment(Nosferatu), obviously you can't conversely like FF6 with it's broken characters(e.g. Edgar for the 1st half, Gau for the 2nd) and equipment(Offering, Fixed Dice).

This is just an opinion and one with weak basis. I can think of at least 2 friends that fit both descriptions off the top of my head (2 enjoyed FF6 but didn't care for Awakening, and 2-3 loved Awakening but were 'meh' about FF6).
#22HodouPosted 3/15/2013 7:34:01 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
Also...

Hodou posted...
"FE7/FF6 was so much better!" or "The game is too easy to break now!" or "Damn them for shifting to a more anime style!"

Seriously, the complaints from both camps on both sides of both arguments get freakishly similar sometimes.

No old-school Final Fantasy fan has ever made these arguments, considering how easy the older games are to break in half (even easier than FFVII in many ways) and how anime their styles are.

I wasn't talking exclusively about old-school fans, just people in general who complain about FF7. Personally I agree on that point, but I also like IV, VI, and VII all about equally.

Still, FF7 was very much the first stages of the "Nomura style" and a lot of people hate it for that. Even though such complaints are better leveled at FF8 if anything.
#23DemiseEndPosted 3/15/2013 8:11:43 PM
"They're two sides of the same coin. If you dislike FE13 for the gameplay mechanics and broken classes and equipment(Nosferatu), obviously you can't conversely like FE1 with it's broken characters(e.g. Marth, Hardin, Marth, Minerva, Marth, Bantu, Marth, Tiki, Marth) and equipment(Every Marth Weapon)."

Yeah, no
I kinda liked FE13, but 1 is just terrible if not for the fact it was so broken and fun to break

And its not like FE and FF was a ballanced series anyway

And yes, new FE is not like old FE because old(or at least, pre Jugdral) FE is so easy
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#24emagdnEPosted 3/15/2013 8:21:42 PM
and just what the hell is wrong with fans of their little niche (outside of Japan at least) strategy series being upset that it is now being dumbed down for the sake of "mass appeal"?
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#25KevinCCPosted 3/15/2013 9:28:03 PM
I think one of my favorite parts about this game is that it took almost no thought for me to justify the inclusion of both Casual and Classic modes.

To reiterate some previous points, nobody is forcing anyone to use either mode. No characters are forced upon you save Chrom, Robin, and anyone else in their recruitment chapters only (or pre-Barracks chapters for the main Shepherds). Second Seals and children are optional, but so much fun.

Everyone will have their own way to play this game - some of us don't care about eugenically crafting kids to a pre-set universal specification of the Holy Shrine Of Galeforce. Some of us would rather use who we want to, not who we're told to, and that's where I think the game shines. Customization.
---
...as opposed to an average game.
#26WestbrickIIIPosted 3/15/2013 9:30:29 PM
KevinCC posted...
Everyone will have their own way to play this game - some of us don't care about eugenically crafting kids to a pre-set universal specification of the Holy Shrine Of Galeforce. Some of us would rather use who we want to, not who we're told to, and that's where I think the game shines. Customization.

This is nice in theory, but in practice, Lunatic demands taking advantage of exploits and Lunatic+ is broken.
#27TiamatKillerPosted 3/15/2013 9:35:29 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
KevinCC posted...

This is nice in theory, but in practice, Lunatic demands taking advantage of exploits and Lunatic+ is broken.

I will want to try Lunatic at some point, but at the very least, me and all my friends are perfectly content at Hard Mode, where this stuff does indeed shine.

I would be willing to put money that much fewer people actually go on to play Lunatic and above difficulties...not that those difficulties should also be "broken/worse" than the bread-and-butter difficulties.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912