How about a FE game with as little characters as possible?

#1AphophPosted 3/16/2013 3:46:59 AM
That way, more of the playable cast can contribute enough throughout the story. And hopefully there won't be any characters like Ilyana, Guy, and Wil. Who aren't good characters.
#2typhone004Posted 3/16/2013 3:53:07 AM
What was wrong with guy? He has great growths, comes in early enough to take advantage of, and has a better story behind him than a lot of fe characters.
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#3Aphoph(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 3:54:05 AM
Guy-I wanna be a Pokemon master!
#4GSSAGE7Posted 3/16/2013 3:59:29 AM
Maybe it's cynical to say, but you can't have good characters without "dull" characters to serve as a baseline for what to compare them to.
#5DemiseEndPosted 3/16/2013 4:10:33 AM
No because that would be boring
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#6Brady672_AT_fanPosted 3/16/2013 4:54:13 AM
A long time ago, I posted on the radiant dawn board that the next game should have a geodesic system, which is where the game characters are separated into smaller groups (I gave the example of 10-15 charcacters each, and 5 groups).

Geodesic systems are great for characterization, as each given scenario has less characters to deal with and they could all get more screen time.

Of course they would all join together at one point, so then you can pick and choose your favorites.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#7WestbrickIIIPosted 3/16/2013 4:59:02 AM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
A long time ago, I posted on the radiant dawn board that the next game should have a geodesic system, which is where the game characters are separated into smaller groups (I gave the example of 10-15 charcacters each, and 5 groups).

Geodesic systems are great for characterization, as each given scenario has less characters to deal with and they could all get more screen time.

Of course they would all join together at one point, so then you can pick and choose your favorites.

I'd endorse this. Hell, I might even make the cast smaller - five groups of eight would be perfect.
#8kulio321Posted 3/16/2013 5:02:45 AM
People don't like facing it, but the fact is that permadeath gets in the way of having lots of characters who are important to the plot. Maybe they should just make a game where you can't let any character die....and maybe make lots of difficulty levels to compensate for it. I can't see Nintendo making such a hardcore game anymore though, unfortunately. They always seem to cater to casual gamers as much as possible these days.
---
Why would I care about your power level, anyway? It's practically zero!
-Gankyo Kurubiyutei, Joshiraku
#9welkin_gPosted 3/16/2013 5:04:52 AM
Ilyana was okay in PoR plus she's cute and the panty flash.
#10WestbrickIIIPosted 3/16/2013 5:14:44 AM
kulio321 posted...
People don't like facing it, but the fact is that permadeath gets in the way of having lots of characters who are important to the plot.

No it doesn't. What it does do is force the writers to re-write several scenes, which seems to be too much work for IS at times. Awakening is a pretty good example of this -- why in the world does Virion need to be treated as "plot relevant"?