Chrom!Morgan skill build

#1cooxncookiesPosted 3/16/2013 5:06:53 AM
Im trying to think of a good skill build for my Morgan, something on the lines of tanky attacker and here's what i got:
Rightful King
Ignis
Aegis (to offset his rather low Res)
Tomefaire (he has max Str of 46 and max Res Of 40)
Galeforce

What do you guys think? I was was also thinking of trying to fit armsthrift somewhere therefor Forged Weapons but i dont know what to replace
#2EnfusionistPosted 3/16/2013 5:10:41 AM
If he can max out his Resistance through grinding, then you could replace Aegis with wither Renewal or Lifetaker. They work excellently in late-game for me and make me nearly invincible through the entire battle.

Also, Limit Break whenever it comes out. Would take the place of Tomefaire.
#3tw1g_007Posted 3/16/2013 5:15:17 AM
Tanks don't need galeforce. I keep saying this a 1000 times. If you really insist on galeforce then Aegis has got to go for Armsthrift.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#4cooxncookies(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 5:19:14 AM
cooxncookies posted...
Im trying to think of a good skill build for my Morgan, something on the lines of tanky attacker and here's what i got:
Rightful King
Ignis
Aegis (to offset his rather low Res)
Tomefaire (he has max Str of 46 and max Res Of 40)
Galeforce

What do you guys think? I was was also thinking of trying to fit armsthrift somewhere therefor Forged Weapons but i dont know what to replace

Woops i mean Max Mag at 40. His Res caps off at 37 only
#5vicious_quanPosted 3/16/2013 5:35:20 AM
Aggressor is a male only skill that's too good to pass up (up to 40 extra damage with a brave weapon/celica wind). It only works during your turn, therefore you should let your girls tank while your dudes attack.

Armsthrift, Limit Break, Aggressor, Galewind and Ignis/Astra/Luna or Vengeance works good. Pair him up with a sorc Lucina with Armsthrift, Limit Break, Galeforce, Vantage and Ignis/Aether or Vengeance with a forged Aversa's Night and you are set. This pair can kill any 3 units (including last DLC enemies) and move halfway across the map in 1 turn and Lucina can tank pretty much anything with few exceptions.
#6cooxncookies(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 5:48:32 AM
vicious_quan posted...
Aggressor is a male only skill that's too good to pass up (up to 40 extra damage with a brave weapon/celica wind). It only works during your turn, therefore you should let your girls tank while your dudes attack.

Armsthrift, Limit Break, Aggressor, Galewind and Ignis/Astra/Luna or Vengeance works good. Pair him up with a sorc Lucina with Armsthrift, Limit Break, Galeforce, Vantage and Ignis/Aether or Vengeance with a forged Aversa's Night and you are set. This pair can kill any 3 units (including last DLC enemies) and move halfway across the map in 1 turn and Lucina can tank pretty much anything with few exceptions.

I dont have access to Aggressor yet :( (dont have enough money to buy funds for the eshop Haha)
#7ToeppnerPosted 3/16/2013 6:26:38 AM
cooxncookies posted...
vicious_quan posted...

I dont have access to Aggressor yet :( (dont have enough money to buy funds for the eshop Haha)

Yeah nobody does... same with limit break neither are available. It's a shame you asked for advice for something that you could have actually use.

I'm a big fan of life taker for the 50% heal after a kill. The rest of your setup sounds decent.
#8vicious_quanPosted 3/16/2013 6:45:21 AM
You sure aggressor isn't available? Anyways, you can just replace Aggressor and Limit Break with faires and +2 status.

If you really want Morgan to tank turn him into a sorc. All you really need is aversa's night and Armsthrift (unless you don't mind to farm dozens of aversa's night).
#9ToeppnerPosted 3/16/2013 7:15:11 AM
vicious_quan posted...
You sure aggressor isn't available? Anyways, you can just replace Aggressor and Limit Break with faires and +2 status.

If you really want Morgan to tank turn him into a sorc. All you really need is aversa's night and Armsthrift (unless you don't mind to farm dozens of aversa's night).

I stand corrected. Lvl 15 dread Knight skill. Sorry, however limit break is not
#10EvilStorm238Posted 3/16/2013 7:47:16 AM
My Chrom!Morgan has a bunch of skills available to him, which are:

Pass
Galeforce
Deliverer
Armsthirft
Resistance +10
HP +5
Movement +1
Locktouch
Veteran
Rightful King
Lucky Seven
Gamble
Zeal
Wrath
Patience
Solidarity
Acrobat
Swordfaire
Axefaire
Tomefaire
Rally Strength
Rally Magic
Rally Spectrum
Lethality
Astra
Sol
Ignis
Vengeance
Counter
Despoil
Aggressor
All Stats +2

I plan to keep mine as a Dread Fighter, because he works wonders as that class. It may not make him tank, but I do prefer him to be a balanced powerhouse, and that class is perfect for that.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)