For those of you that love the game what did you dislike?

#31saxrohmerPosted 3/16/2013 8:19:36 AM
I really like this game. It's the reason I got a 3DS and one of two that I've given any playtime to(I put about 5 hours into Castlevania before it broke my heart).

That said:

1. I don't like that they simplified the battles. I would like to have Canto, Cliffs, Magic Triangles, Ballista and Shove back for the next installment.

2. The freedom you get with the Skill system is a little TOO gracious. I preferred using the scroll method from RD; I feel it made units more unique because some characters came with "free" skills and I had to take that into consideration along with class caps. In this game You have easier access to just about any skill you want on a given unit which only divides their potential by supports and caps. I could go on but it's been talked to death already...

3. Some of the classes in this game seem superfluous... It's like they needed to fill out the class change list with two options per promotion and ran out of ideas near the end. Unless you are playing with self imposed class limitations there is little reason to stay in about half of the promotion options.... I'm thinking of Swordmaster, Griffin Jockey, Trickster, etc....

I think I understand why they designed it this way, but I'd like to see a more traditional entry from IS for their next project.
---
Do not, under any circumstance, ever use the Sketch command.
PSN: nochildren
#32SlashReturnsPosted 3/16/2013 8:21:58 AM
- making me choose between all these waifus

TT_TT
---
3DS Friend Code: 2466-1384-6130
According to RNG I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!
#33WestbrickIIIPosted 3/16/2013 8:24:17 AM
saxrohmer posted...
3. Some of the classes in this game seem superfluous... It's like they needed to fill out the class change list with two options per promotion and ran out of ideas near the end. Unless you are playing with self imposed class limitations there is little reason to stay in about half of the promotion options.... I'm thinking of Swordmaster, Griffin Jockey, Trickster, etc....

Swordmaster, though useless in postgame, is very useful (perhaps even better than assassin) during the main campaign; Griffin Rider and Trickster are amazing classes. Not sure I understand this complaint.

Anyway, Awakening is perfect and I dislike nothing.
#34Tempo613Posted 3/16/2013 8:32:12 AM
- Too much unit grinding/reclassing to get 100% leveled up for one unit in all classes (I'm a bit OCD...). I somewhat agree with others' disliking of reclassing because of this, even though this is the only FE I've ever played.

- Cookie-cutter looks for SOME characters, such as lords like Ike, Lyn, or Roy, and more unique looking characters, like Black Knight (Give 'em a helmet, as least...). Don't really care about the more minor characters.

All I got that sticks out...
---
For 3DS/DS, I own: KI:U, MK7, DOA:D, Swapnote, MP:H. Wanna play? Let me know. 3DS FC: 4811-7367-9390
http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=76918
#35saxrohmerPosted 3/16/2013 8:41:10 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
saxrohmer posted...

Swordmaster, though useless in postgame, is very useful (perhaps even better than assassin) during the main campaign; Griffin Rider and Trickster are amazing classes. Not sure I understand this complaint.

Trickster has nothing that really stands out, in regards to skills, caps, or weapon choices. Staff use is always awesome, Warmonks do it better and are considerably more durable. Swords Rock harder than Axes, but neither of these guys is gonna be your front-liner anyway*.

Griffin Rider gets some good Skills, but the point behind using the Wyvern tree is that they can do the most raw physical damage out of the flying classes. Going Griffin sacrifices Strength and Def for Skill and speed..... If that is what I wanted I should be using a Peg, at least they get staves/tomes.

*except for when they are rockin' the Magic weapons.
---
Do not, under any circumstance, ever use the Sketch command.
PSN: nochildren
#36WestbrickIIIPosted 3/16/2013 8:45:04 AM
saxrohmer posted...
WestbrickIII posted...
saxrohmer posted...

Trickster has nothing that really stands out, in regards to skills, caps, or weapon choices. Staff use is always awesome, Warmonks do it better and are considerably more durable. Swords Rock harder than Axes, but neither of these guys is gonna be your front-liner anyway*.

Griffin Rider gets some good Skills, but the point behind using the Wyvern tree is that they can do the most raw physical damage out of the flying classes. Going Griffin sacrifices Strength and Def for Skill and speed..... If that is what I wanted I should be using a Peg, at least they get staves/tomes.

*except for when they are rockin' the Magic weapons.

Staves are amazing in Fire Emblem without exception, and having a speedy and mobile healer that's competent in physical combat can be a great asset to have. Lucky Seven and Acrobat are ridiculous skills. War Monk is a great class for similar reasons, but its skills pale in comparison.

Griffon Rider has better strength and defense than a PK but less than a WK; it's a middle ground while also acting as a high-movement machine. Frankly, I'd consider this the best flying class in the game.
#37DraikonackPosted 3/16/2013 8:57:12 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
I love the game and would score it highly but here are my gripes and nitpicks.

-Needs more CG cutscenes. Several scenes that didn't should've had it.

I totally agree with this. The few that were in the game were ridiculously awesome.
---
Official Suicune of the B/W Boards! I <3 Boyce Avenue
Black FC: 0648 2976 5785 Black 2 FC: 2151 5964 5958
#38ivanhellsingPosted 3/16/2013 9:13:04 AM
-the lack of some supports
-the story (no game is perfect get it over)
-the DLC
-no cordelia x chrom supports (severa with aether FTW)
-the lack of some spotpass
- needs more childrens

But at the end this is one of my favorite games ever
---
White FC: 4428-0185-7278
Black 2 FC : 0992-0835-6808
#39SuperSonicDBZPosted 3/16/2013 9:14:14 AM
As a fan, what didn't I like? Hmm...

- No online multiplayer of any sort. The double duels should have been Wi-Fi compatable.

- DLC characters (the paid ones at least) should have gotten the Prince Marth treatment. And maybe a few lines instead of the ellipses. I mean they should stand out more compared to the spotpass characters. Since we sort of paid for them.

That's really it. Everything else is just being picky. Those are the only 2 things that sort of annoy me. Everything else is just wishing.
---
If it is short and has a light saber, then you need to get the **** outta there!!!
Yoda in Soul Calibur IV; Sonic w/ Beam Sword in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
#40Fireseal32Posted 3/16/2013 9:16:55 AM
MU, reclassing, lack of difficulty, atrocious story, one dimensional characters.