For those of you that love the game what did you dislike?

#41WilhuffTarkinPosted 3/16/2013 10:17:54 AM
There are only two things, off the top of my head, that have annoyed me so far:

Libra should have been female.
Excellus should have been female.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#42Lt_MorkePosted 3/16/2013 10:25:26 AM
You can't list your units alphabetically.
#43RDS1Posted 3/16/2013 10:27:19 AM
*Not being able to get Morgan (F) with Avatar (F). I can accept that "no same-sex marriage" is very justified given the context, but this was just adding insult to injury.

*Lack of unmounted and unarmored lance-users.

*Lack of staves that do anything besides "restore HP". I mean, really. In past games they had status staves, but I tended to never use them because they had low durability and often couldn't be replaced easily. However, in this game, not only can you get an unlimited amount of nearly any item if you're patient and know where to look, they even added some new, interesting, staff-using classes to play with. This should have been a perfect opportunity to have some fun with one of the most varied weapon types in the entire series. Instead, we got 12 staves, 9 of which have some variation of "restores HP" for an effect. What the ****.

*Females have Galeforce and Support Boost+, but there aren't really any must-have male exclusive skills. About the only ones you could make a good argument for are Counter, Axefaire, and Rally Strength.

*Speaking of which, Counter is stupidly unbalanced, though not in the same game-breaking sense as Nosferatu. In the enemy's hands, it's one of the most terrifying and aggravating abilities in the game, but in your hands, it's pretty much useless outside of trolling people on StreetPass.
#44Blade_KirbyPosted 3/16/2013 11:34:23 AM
- No light magic
- No FOW/torches
- No rescue
- Boring paid DLC character models (this is the most unforgivable)
- Poor support choice variety. 90% of the cast has the exact same support options while the other 10% has like 1 or 2 options. I don't even mind generic parent-child supports, but entirely unique characters lack painfully obvious support choices (CHROM-EMMERYN??) This also includes same-sex friendship supports. Seriously. Instead of letting everyone marry nearly everyone, I would have preferred they put more thought and effort into select marriage options.
- Skills roulette for enemies. Instead of this and ridiculously OP skills, Lunatic+ should have just let the enemies use pair-up
- Reinforcements spawn and attack on the same turn. Garbage excuse for difficulty. Thankfully, almost every instance is forewarned or pretty easy to anticipate.
- No con/wt stats (this isn't really necessary due to the added depth of pair-up)

That being said, I think it's a great FE game. It just needs a lot of polish.
---
I want to find the developers of this game and shoot them in the face with a bean bag. - Topcover on APB
They're too busy being homeless. - Laquill
#45PKRockin531Posted 3/16/2013 11:37:46 AM
The stupid inventory management. No I do not want to scroll through a list of every item I have to grab it from a list, I'd like to just select the 2 units I want to trade between and leave it at that.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#46MC_STAAVYPosted 3/16/2013 11:39:13 AM(edited)
This game could use a lot of what was removed from other games. Such as:

-Light magic and magic triangles
-Knives for thieves/assassins
-The 1 point of experience you get when getting hit and not attacking back (it adds up man!)
-The many weapons from other games, blades, greataxes/greatlances, heavy lances, pole axes, longswords, wind edges ect.
-The flexible and easily customizable skill system of RD. I don't want to constantly class change and grind my characters to get the skills they need, trading them among other characters was way better!
-The rescue command. Pair up is nice, but still it was great to have the option to save someone's ass if you screwed up. Instead you always jump in to help that character.
-An actually good story.
-Having the mounted units able to move after attacking/doing something. That's what made them so awesome in the first place!
-More cutscenes of relevant events
-More chapters, 25 is just not enough when we have games with around 40 in the series.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, but if these things were added to this game it would be the best FE ever by far.
---
Brawl FC: 1032-0931-6818
#47marsgreekgodPosted 3/16/2013 1:57:29 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
EvenSpoonier posted...
- I miss the magic triangle (especially the interlocking triangles of FE7). It was awesome.
- I miss Canto (not counting the PoR version; I'm talking about the ability of mounted units to move after attacking). It was useful.
- I miss Shove. It was way more useful than it seemed at first glance.
- I wish the enemy could use Pair Up. It's so powerful on the player's side that I'd like to try having to cope with being on the other end.
- The difficulty curve isn't as smooth as it should be. It feels more like a staircase.
- Nintendo's behavior with respect to DLC has been outright shameful.

...umm, err, that's about it.

???

Care to elaborate on this one?

Some people hate all DLC still

I think it's a little overpriced, but I've seen WAYYY worse
#48Tempo613Posted 3/17/2013 6:03:49 AM
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
DLC characters (the paid ones at least) should have gotten the Prince Marth treatment. And maybe a few lines instead of the ellipses. I mean they should stand out more compared to the spotpass characters. Since we sort of paid for them.

Okay, THIS I agree with.

Fireseal32 posted...
one dimensional characters.

Uhm... Kinda asking a lot from Nintendo there...
(Not defending)
---
For 3DS/DS, I own: KI:U, MK7, DOA:D, Swapnote, MP:H. Wanna play? Let me know. 3DS FC: 4811-7367-9390
http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=76918
#49sjk9000Posted 3/17/2013 6:39:25 AM
MC_STAAVY posted...
-The 1 point of experience you get when getting hit and not attacking back (it adds up man!)

That one point of experience was too easily exploited. Although, Awakening has about a thousand better and easier ways to grind experience, so I don't know that anyone would bother abusing it even if it did exist.
#50JadeTorchwoodPosted 3/17/2013 8:13:52 AM
I have to say more options in designing your Avatar and more supports for the Spotpass characters like Gangrel and Aversa. Also, I hate waiting to get the next Spotpass character to be released.