Rate the Skill, Chapter 30: Skill +2 and Prescience

#1guedesbrawlPosted 3/16/2013 1:17:13 PM(edited)
And I'm late. Thankfully last topic got enough traffic and I don't think this one will get much attention, so...

As of today, I am moving the "who learns what" section to the second post.

I also totally forgot that for some reason Priam starts with both Lancebreaker and Swordbreaker. Even if he can't reclass to Wyvern Rider (Does this means that his parents knew those two skills and inheritance kicked up?).

-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)
*Galeforce (Dark Flier, Lv15)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)
*Aptitude (Villager,Lv1)
*Swordbreaker (Wyvern Lord,Lv15)
*Deliverer (Griffon Rider,Lv5)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)
*Rally Speed (Falcon Knight,Lv5)
*Lancefaire (Falcon Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Movement (Dark Flier, Lv5)
*Rally Strength (Warrior,Lv5)
*Counter (Warrior,Lv15)
*Wrath (Berserker,Lv5)
*Axefaire (Berserker,Lv15)
*Lancebreaker (Griffon Rider,Lv15)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)
*Speed + 2 (Pegasus Knight,Lv1)
*Relief (Pegasus Knight,Lv10)
*Underdog (Villager,Lv1)
*HP +5 (Fighter,Lv1)
*Zeal (Fighter,Lv10)
*Despoil (Barbarian,Lv1)
*Gamble (Barbarian,Lv10)
*Strength +2 (Wyvern Rider,Lv1)
*Quick Burn (Wyvern Lord,Lv5)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)
*Tantivity (Wyvern Rider,Lv10)

-Nominations-

Sol: 9/15
Armsthrift: 8/15
Lethality: 8/15
Vantage: 6/15
Astra: 5/15
Ignis: 3/15
Despoil: 3/15
Rally Spectrum: 1/15

Strength +2 and Tantivity can be nominated as of today.

(For the rules of nominating and rediscussion paralogues, see the second post of this topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65638534)
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:15:26 PM
Characters who start with Skill +2 and can learn Prescience: Virion

Characters who start with Skill +2 and Prescience: Noire, Morgan (born from either two).

Characters who can learn Skill +2 and Prescience: Chrom, Stahl, Ricken, Tharja, Anna, Lucina, Yen'fay, Avatar, Morgan.

Characters who can inherit the skills and the class required: Cynthia (Chrom, Avatar), Owain, Inigo, Brady, Kjelle, Severa, Gerome, Yarne, Laurent, Nah.

-------------------

Many people dislike archers...well, too bad for them...but to be fair, the open battlegrounds and ineffectiveness of dodge tanks makes them not as viable as before...in this game. Not the others. Regardless...

Skill +2 gives a unknown boost to an unknown stat. All I know is that said boost also gives a +3% Hit and +1% Critical bonus by itself, as well as increasing your chances of activating some skills by 0,5% (Lethality), 1% (Aether, Astra), 2% (Sol, Ignis, Luna, Pavise, Aegis,) or 4% (Vengeance).

As you can see, all of those add basically nothing. D rank.

Prescience is quite similar to Patience: The user gets a +15 Hit/Avoid bonus during player phase. It's not a big bonus, but it's not useless. I give it a C.

Thanks to Westbrick's obvious attempt earlier on, I expect the Armsthrift Paralogue to be quite lively. By the way, I am nominating it.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3HodouPosted 3/16/2013 1:22:34 PM
D for both. I'd like Prescience more if the avoid bonus worked on enemy phase where it would actually matter more.

And I agree. Nominate Armsthrift.
#4NidtendofreakPosted 3/16/2013 1:26:13 PM(edited)
C/D

Skill +2 isn't Luck, auto out of D tier. And very, very early game on the harder difficulties always having a little bit more hit can't hurt.

Patience is not only a filler skill, but during the time you would use it as a filler skill it only activates once a turn, unlike Discipline which is as often as enemies attack you.

Also, I'll say it again: give Armsthrift two spots, one for DLC included, one without.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#5Model_OmegaPosted 3/16/2013 1:33:12 PM
D for both, neither stay on for any longer then possible.
---
So PETA is protesting the treatment of Zergs...... I know who I'm rooting for in our next alien invasion!
#6guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:35:40 PM
Nidtendofreak posted...
C/D

Skill +2 isn't Luck, auto out of D tier. And very, very early game on the harder difficulties always having a little bit more hit can't hurt.

Patience is not only a filler skill, but during the time you would use it as a filler skill it only activates once a turn, unlike Discipline which is as often as enemies attack you.

Also, I'll say it again: give Armsthrift two spots, one for DLC included, one without.

Just give it an overall rating then. Say, you think it's S without DLC and D with it? give it a B and call it a day.

I still am giving ratings considering all options are open

by the way, without DLC there isn't any reason to use Armsthrift: Forged braves or keeping the few legendary weapons you can get without DLC ( or spotpass) will only be available in the last few chapters. By then, you can or already needed to (depending on the difficulty) have broken the game: it won't matter anymore.
---
Confession Time!
#7xKYSxPosted 3/16/2013 1:40:44 PM
skill +2 - C

filler and that +2 can potentially make a skill like astra go from 22.5% to 23% and yes I know this game rounds down which is why I said it can make it go from 22 to 23.

prescience - C

most of the time if you're attacking you should try to kill the enemy. the extra 15 accuracy can be beneficial and also the avoid can help you avoid a hit.

as for that armthrift mumble jumbo I'm still going by my answer when you first post up the topic, armthrift really deserves a B imo.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#8guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:42:41 PM
well, let's save that discussion for the paralogue. or westbrick's topic.
---
Confession Time!
#9spyke252Posted 3/16/2013 1:53:26 PM
D, D, lethality.
#10RedMageKirbyPosted 3/16/2013 2:22:56 PM
D for both.

Skill is a pretty unexciting stat, and an extra 2 skill by itself really isn't going to do anything for you.

Prescience is terrible. At least with Patience, you can use it to hopefully dodge some enemies. Only being active on player phase, and to a class who shouldn't be counterattacked on top of that, makes it up there for worst skill in the game.
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]