why does everyone seem to hate lucina?

#1ICSTARS77Posted 3/17/2013 5:13:15 PM
her personality that is. I mean sure she's somewhat "boring" but come on she comes from a future where the whole world is destroyed and she's trying to stop that of all things of course she's going to be very goal-oriented and focused. Also the support conversations make it very clear she has feeling and very much wants to be loved but that she doesn't want to do so at the expense of literally everyone(I mean her support with chrom she intentionally loses to spend more time with him). She may not be the best personality wise sure but it's not like she's a walking corpse character or anything
---
"God. I feel sorry for anyone that dates a woman. Seriously, we're impossible" - my friend who's a woman and is married.
#2EvilStorm238Posted 3/17/2013 5:14:59 PM
Well, you know how some people have to have their wacky, colorful characters like Owain and Cynthia.

For me, a little subtlety in a character's personality isn't a bad thing.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#3Deoxys_PrimePosted 3/17/2013 5:15:49 PM
Quite the contrary. She's very popular. The people who dislike her are pretty vocal though.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#4Cactuar512Posted 3/17/2013 5:15:50 PM
Are you kidding? Everyone gives Lucina more love than she deserves >_>
---
Gamefaqs, where everyone "trolls" everyone!
#5PKRockin531Posted 3/17/2013 5:16:38 PM
She's a totly humble reserved serious female protagonist and uses a SWORD she's obviously the best.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#6zeloswilder_fanPosted 3/17/2013 5:17:07 PM
Deoxys_Prime posted...
Quite the contrary. She's very popular. The people who dislike her are pretty vocal though.

Indeed; the people with negative opinions are almost always more vocal in...pretty much everything.
---
"The dirac delta: the height of the discontinuity."
#7ICSTARS77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 5:17:44 PM
oh well my bad then just saw the vote that character topic and pretty much everyone seemed to think her personality sucked was like woah what lol. Not saying she's the best character or nuthin just was confused.
---
"God. I feel sorry for anyone that dates a woman. Seriously, we're impossible" - my friend who's a woman and is married.
#8EvilStorm238Posted 3/17/2013 5:22:16 PM
zeloswilder_fan posted...
Deoxys_Prime posted...

Indeed; the people with negative opinions are almost always more vocal in...pretty much everything.

Is quite the irony when the people who complain about the characters full of drama on the ones that create drama.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#9MC_STAAVYPosted 3/17/2013 5:25:46 PM(edited)
Her personality just rubs me the wrong way. She comes off as the type who takes everything waaaay too seriously. Sure she comes from the future and it makes sense.

But then why do a lot of the other kids seem so chirpy and happy considering they've come from the same future? Surely they'd be serious too, but they aren't.

This makes me think that Lucina's actions and moral quirks are more of an innate personality thing than rather "I act this way because of the situation and my experiences" deal.

To me she comes off as someone that needs to sit down somewhere in fantasy Hawaii. You know, relax awhile with a few beers to calm herself down. Preferably with her best war buddies and hubby.

Ok now I really want the Summer of Bonds DLC!

Now don't get me wrong though, she's not a bad character. She's a very well designed and believable character. It's just that I don't like her all that much is all.
---
Brawl FC: 1032-0931-6818
#10sjk9000Posted 3/17/2013 5:27:55 PM
She's extremely popular. The most popular characters will always attract the most vocal criticism, since there's little point in explaining why someone sucks if everyone agrees that they suck. Sometimes it's just a hipster impulse to stand out from the crowd, sometimes they're legitimately disinterested in the character and are frustrated to see their opinion in the minority.

See also: Lyn.