The hate on Cordelia disappoints me

#71PentaoPosted 3/19/2013 12:41:09 AM(edited)
I dislike Cordelia namely for her treatment of Frederick. He's almost in her exact situation, except he takes initiative here. Honestly, I would have liked Cordelia more if she was unable to S rank Frederick, OR if she had shown something akin to seeing her own actions, but better within Frederick and admiring him for it, and THAT becoming the reason why she learns to love him.

Unfortunately we get none of that, so it's basically Frederick getting "k you're second banana but I'll take you."

I do like that she's unable to support with Chrom in the sense that it gives her a character flaw though. Otherwise she'd just be a mary sue type character who's perfect at everything pretty much. I do like how she falls in love with Stahl and Gregor though, but eh, the fact that her Frederick support even exists is incredibly off putting. If not for that I'd find her a decent character overall but because it's there, I think Cordelia is pretty despicable in that regard given the information we have. If she turned out to be great to him later, sure maybe it evens out, but all we know is that she just kinda settles for him, and it's entirely possible that Frederick is stuck playing second banana to Chrom forever, even in terms of love life. For old standards, maybe that's alright, but for modern standards, Frederick should've also just not stuck with her. She's bad for him.

Essentially, this topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65658680
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[Pokemon White FC: 3568 1441 4376 (Pentao)]
#72SazukeEXPosted 3/19/2013 12:43:37 AM
I see you're still here Mr. Cordelia Hater. Commendable as you have been doused in oil and burned repeatedly already.

You say such and such yet you NEVER provide any info that backs what you've said while I actually bring actual things from the game that support that Cordelia is not who you say she is.

Maybe you should actually get her a single support rank before dismissing her based off mere hate rumors instead of actually doing your own work. Oh wait, that asking too much from a no class hater.

You once again are trying to avoid what you said and were called out on. You said Cordelia is ALWAYS about Chrom yet when everyone points out that she almost NEVER mentions Chrom and it's almost ALWAYS the husband that ever brings up Chrom you pull another lame excuse out of your hat.

Why even reply if you aren't even going to bother explaining yourself?

Once again, insults from you instead of trying to defend your blind hatred. You're pathetic. At least when I hate I be sure to provide evidence and I defend my points. You don't do that, you just make personal attack or vague statements while always avoiding what you're quoting in the first place.

Go ahead and ignore everyone in this Topic than. I'm sure no one here wants you around anyway and they wont care if you don't show your face here ever again as no one has agreed with a single thing you've said.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#73SazukeEXPosted 3/19/2013 12:50:45 AM(edited)
Pentao posted...
I dislike Cordelia namely for her treatment of Frederick. He's almost in her exact situation, except he takes initiative here. Honestly, I would have liked Cordelia more if she was unable to S rank Frederick, OR if she had shown something akin to seeing her own actions, but better within Frederick and admiring him for it, and THAT becoming the reason why she learns to love him.

Unfortunately we get none of that, so it's basically Frederick getting "k you're second banana but I'll take you."

I do like that she's unable to support with Chrom in the sense that it gives her a character flaw though. Otherwise she'd just be a mary sue type character who's perfect at everything pretty much. I do like how she falls in love with Stahl and Gregor though, but eh, the fact that her Frederick support even exists is incredibly off putting. If not for that I'd find her a decent character overall but because it's there, I think Cordelia is pretty despicable in that regard given the information we have. If she turned out to be great to him later, sure maybe it evens out, but all we know is that she just kinda settles for him, and it's entirely possible that Frederick is stuck playing second banana to Chrom forever, even in terms of love life. For old standards, maybe that's alright, but for modern standards, Frederick should've also just not stuck with her. She's bad for him.

Essentially, this topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65658680

That's Frederick's own fault, he's the one that forced the relationship on her even though Cordelia told him that she still loves Chrom and that it wouldn't be a good idea. So if Frederick suffers from begging Cordelia to be his wife on the off chance she'll fall in love with him than he has no one else to blame but himself.

It's not like Cordelia was hiding it either. She had just told Frederick earlier how much she loved Chrom and wanted to be with him but nothing worked. Than Frederick pops the question anyway and still insists even after Cordelia told him she still loves Chrom.

So this isn't Cordelia's fault at all, she's giving Frederick a chance and wasn't even her that insisted on the relationship. Not like Cordelia had anything to lose as Chrom wont love her ad Frederick did promise to never hurt her like Chrom does on a daily basis and eventually there may be love between them.

Since Severa does become born it's clear that Cordelia did eventually fall in love with Frederick as she does fall in love with all her other choices. It just takes longer as Frederick literally popped it out of nowhere and Cordelia had never seen Frederick as anything more than a friend at that point to confide in. Especially since like her Frederick is seemingly perfect, thus a kindred spirit that would understand her.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#74PentaoPosted 3/19/2013 1:12:07 AM
Actually Severa's birth does not necessarily mean they love each other. For all we know it's possible that Frederick spends the rest of his days failing to get Cordelia to truly love him and Cordelia just tries to convince herself that she loves him, but doesn't really. Sex could easily be one of those actions. In fact, having a child is not an indicator that two people love each other by any means, especially when you consider modern times. Hell, even if you consider past times it's still not a good indicator lol.

But whoa whoa whoa, what the hell are you saying here? That Frederick forced the relationship? He didn't tie Cordelia down and threaten her life, he didn't impregnate her and make her decide he was the only one or something. He asked if she would marry him, and she said yes, claiming she didn't want to deal with her own unrequited love anymore. Her jump to saying yes is actually very unbelievable (just a moment ago she talks about how she thinks the same as Frederick, just for Chrom instead), but for Frederick it was real enough.

He isn't forceful at all during the whole conversation, he does mention that he isn't going to give up, but he also states that just the possibility of her learning to love him is enough for him at the moment, and it seems very close to him being ready to hear a "no" from her to his question. If anything, it feels more like Frederick is trying to not have regrets. Which is rather commendable. Though, the fact that Cordelia makes the jarring jump of personality is what leads me to believe she doesn't really love Frederick. Otherwise it looks like a pretty charming story where Frederick helps break a chain of unrequited feelings, however how quickly she transitions from oozing over Chrom to accepting Frederick's proposal brings into question her actual motives for doing so. It doesn't feel to me as she is doing it to try and love him, but moreso to stop loving Chrom.
---
#75AuroraSilverainPosted 3/19/2013 1:12:52 AM
I think people have stupid reasons for hating her, honestly.

And even so it's still not as bad as the hate on Miriel.
---
UFP- Unidentified Flying Pancake.
The O-Men! Saving the world one cheerio at a time!
#76PentaoPosted 3/19/2013 1:18:44 AM
Though, I'm probably not going to change your mind about it, so the message is not really so much directed toward you, so much as it is there to just... give another possible interpretation as to why someone may dislike her as a character.

Her lack of initiative with Chrom (yet having it with Gregor) really irked me too.
---