Is this a good fire emblem to start with?

#1MMSMBPosted 3/18/2013 2:46:38 AM(edited)
I've recently ordered the limited edition 3ds bundle that comes with FE and i only ordered it for the cool design, the game counts as a bonus since i never went past the tutorial stages on an FE before.

I already have the FE from the 3ds ambassador offer but never got the chance to play it and i already have the one with Ike was he called? the one on GC.

Anyways, is this a good fire emblem to start with? Are the FE's connected by story or is it like final fantasy where each one is separate? The story in this game looks so interesting *-*
---
Welcome! If you're going to be traveling in these parts, I'd
recommend a Flame Shield.
#2necxv17Posted 3/18/2013 2:55:06 AM
No.
#3megaman91985Posted 3/18/2013 3:04:04 AM
If you play this one first your not gonna want to go to the older ones. You should probably play the ones you have in the order they came out.
---
Amy Anderson/Ami Mizuno lover! ^_^
Check profile for FCs.
#4MMSMB(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 3:27:32 AM
What makes Awakening better than the others? o.0
---
Welcome! If you're going to be traveling in these parts, I'd
recommend a Flame Shield.
#5WolfJouninPosted 3/18/2013 3:30:06 AM
The best game to start or finish with... just if someone starts with it, they may become too spoiled to enjoy the older games, because of all the new features and older ones that returned, such as infinite supports, grinding, skills, etc etc... playing this and then older games, is like playing a new Pokemon game, and going back to play the older ones... though I suppose Fire Emblem games have a far stronger story in their defense.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#6RpGsFTWPosted 3/18/2013 3:32:43 AM
Well, yes and no. Yes b/c Awakening does a good job imo of teaching those new to the series.
No b/c there are some references to past FE games, and if you haven't played them, you wouldn't get the references, especially the DLC.
---
XBL: Tony Dawg | PSN: TonyTeddiursa
http://backloggery.com/altrius
#7EnfusionistPosted 3/18/2013 3:33:40 AM
MMSMB posted...

For me, Awakening feels better because of the superior-quality music, the superior-quality CG scenes, the upgraded 3D battle animations from the older 3D ones, and a cleaner, smoother feel.

I really enjoyed the older games, but whenever I replay them after Awakening, quality just feels dumbed down. But as they say, you should enjoy a game for it's story and fulfillment, so feel free to give the other games a chance first if you wish.
#8WestbrickIIIPosted 3/18/2013 3:36:40 AM
Enfusionist posted...
MMSMB posted...

For me, Awakening feels better because of the superior-quality music, the superior-quality CG scenes, the upgraded 3D battle animations from the older 3D ones, and a cleaner, smoother feel.

lmao nothing here has anything to do with gameplay
#9Deoxys_PrimePosted 3/18/2013 4:06:33 AM
This is one of the less punishing Fire Emblem titles and is probably one of the better ones for someone new to the series. There are also multiple difficulty modes that should extend the lifetime of the game quite a bit.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#10arvilinoPosted 3/18/2013 4:22:40 AM
It's the most accessible Fire Emblem game, so it's a pretty good place to start.