is luna (skill) worth getting if i have other available attack skill options?

#1random_noobiePosted 3/18/2013 4:22:14 PM
i know luna is good skill, especially for people that can't get access to anything else, but, is it worth it for people, such as the avatar, that have access to all the other attack skills?

this is mainly a question for my avatar.

my avatar already has ignis and astra learned.

is astra far and away better than both luna and ignis? when i was using ignis, it just seemed to be more effective since it has double the proc rate, thus, doing more damage than astra, even if astra provided more "burst".
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#2Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 3/18/2013 4:24:58 PM
No, Ignis is the best for the Tac. The Tac generally gets both high strength and magic, and as a result, (in general) Ignis will give you more bang for your buck. Against someone with obscenely high defense/resistance, Luna may be more useful, but unless you're doing a crit build, Astra isn't worth it when you've got Ignis available. (As far as I can tell.)
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#3duducukierPosted 3/18/2013 4:25:09 PM
My avatar has Sol, Luna, Galeforce, Renewal, and Acrobat/other skill

Yes, I do love it. Its especially a nice tie in if she uses Sol, THEN Luna (Aether FTW!!)

And its a useful skill, causing her to do anywhere from 60-150+ damage depending on the opponent and her weapon.
---
=Sora/Skyy=
3DS Friend Code: 1332-7709-7856 (Skyy) Miiverse: L-Sora
#4KantonosoPosted 3/18/2013 4:25:36 PM
Luna is good against enemies with high defense, Astra is the opposite. Ignis is a nice in-betweener.

In other words, Luna gets better as the difficulty level rises (as do enemy stats.) Astra gets you murdered against enemies with counter (Lunatic/ Lunatic+) Ignis is that happy balance.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#5Enemy_AC130Posted 3/18/2013 4:30:10 PM
Kantonoso posted...
Luna is good against enemies with high defense, Astra is the opposite. Ignis is a nice in-betweener.

In other words, Luna gets better as the difficulty level rises (as do enemy stats.) Astra gets you murdered against enemies with counter (Lunatic/ Lunatic+) Ignis is that happy balance.

Astra is only bad against counter if you're at 1 range.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nv4g3m.jpg
#6tw1g_007Posted 3/18/2013 4:30:22 PM
Depends on the difficulty you are playing.

I honestly find Luna to be near a S-rank tier type skill as far as Lunatic+ is concerned with the Aegis+/Pavise+ nonsense. Any other difficulties besides Lunatic+ should have Luna as the last priority attacking skill.

But even for Lunatic+ standards I would still take Ignis over Luna any day of the week. Astra is an extremely situational choice though. For me it depends on the unit.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?