I'm okay with Fire Emblem: Awakening.

#1TheLastBladePosted 3/18/2013 8:29:53 PM
Now before the slags fling their dung at me, I would like to say that I actually liked Awakening..... For all it's faults.

1. Story: This one... I agree with xD. Doesn't help that the story took a nose dive around chapters 10-13. Before that, I was actually fine with the story; however, I do miss the narrative overhead. Plus, it has a very ***** Persona 4 reference..... Ugh.....
2. The characters: I don't mind the characters. I think they have their little quirks, no matter how unreasonable it may seem.
3. The supports: Now, I actually really liked the supports. Sure, there's..... ***** Japanese stereotypes, but I like the majority of them. And besides, at least this time around, it's taking place OUTSIDE of battle. Which means no more tedious in battle conversations or conversations that has absolutely nothing to do with the battle they're in.
4. Level Design: I can see why people are peeved by this. Basically it's a map with just WALLS. But you know what, I don't really mind.... For whatever reason.
5. Level grinding: I hate level grinding in games like Disgaea.... This time around, however, I never notice. Perhaps it's because Fire emblem's level cap doesn't usually take long to reach and the EXP level up is always up to 100. I think I didn't mind it much because I wanted to level up the characters I cared about and tell them to TAKE THEIR MEDICINE AND LIKE IT B****.

Of course, the reason I probably wasted 5 minutes of everyone's time is that I was rather conflicted with this game. But for some reason, I can't bring myself to exactly hate it much.

And besides, this is a game made by INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS.... Can't remember a time when they actually made a GOOD game....
#2thompsontalker7Posted 3/18/2013 8:56:03 PM
Plus, it has a very ***** Persona 4 reference..... Ugh.....

WHERE
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#3TheLastBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 8:58:56 PM
thompsontalker7 posted...

WHERE

Somewhere around the last battle. And to people that argue that it's based on anything else, I doubt that.... Plus, I'm pretty sure they even used some of the veterans of those god awful Atlus games (though I only played a few of them). I can understand if it's a ongoing loop of unoriginality, though.
#4RPGman1Posted 3/18/2013 9:00:56 PM
TheLastBlade posted...

WHERE

Somewhere around the last battle. And to people that argue that it's based on anything else, I doubt that.... Plus, I'm pretty sure they even used some of the veterans of those god awful Atlus games (though I only played a few of them). I can understand if it's a ongoing loop of unoriginality, though.

You actually going to talk about this reference or is this just random Atlus/Persona bashing?
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!
#5perfectchaos83Posted 3/18/2013 9:01:29 PM

It's essentially every shonen ever. If by veterans, you are refering to the talent, Blame the NA VA Industry. There's not exactly a huge selection to choose from.
---
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/metallic_trance/fashionista.png
Bianca and Noel have swapped clothes! By metallic_trance. :3
#6Rideps1Posted 3/18/2013 9:02:40 PM
TheLastBlade posted...

WHERE

No, there are tons of games and anime that do that. It's probably easier to compile a list of large cast games that DON'T than do. That topic was wrong and the idea still is.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
An RNG'd Gangrel on the FE:A boards.
#7Zio_DynePosted 3/18/2013 9:04:16 PM
Sooo, going by the reaction, I take it that this is one of those 'I have an extremely limited frame of reference, so I'll automatically assume that any common-grounds between the two must be a nod to P4' types of things that he's referring to...
#8Rideps1Posted 3/18/2013 9:05:50 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...
Sooo, going by the reaction, I take it that this is one of those 'I have an extremely limited frame of reference, so I'll automatically assume that any common-grounds between the two must be a nod to P4' types of things that he's referring to...

Yup. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65554253
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
An RNG'd Gangrel on the FE:A boards.
#9TheLastBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 9:06:01 PM
Rideps1 posted...
TheLastBlade posted...

WHERE

No, there are tons of games and anime that do that.

Isn't that what I meant about an ongoing loop of unoriginality? :P
#10Sentinel07Posted 3/18/2013 9:06:34 PM
TheLastBlade posted...

And besides, this is a game made by INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS.... Can't remember a time when they actually made a GOOD game....

Um, excuse me, but did you just bash Intelligent Systems, who has made PLENTY of good games over the years?