Am i the only one who has never had a problem with any fire emblem game

#21Wild_MantinePosted 3/19/2013 2:44:19 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I enjoy everything the series has to offer, and I like how things are often different between games.

Are there things I might nitpick on? Sure. But I very much enjoy every installment for what they bring.

This, word for word, mainly. Shadow Dragon was a little dull, but I liked it even so. Blazing Sword a similar problem but in the form of blandish characters. I always try really hard to like my Lords because you're forced to use them, but ugh, Roy, darn you're so BAD. And I honestly can't think of a single other character from that game. Still I liked it as well.
---
Pokemon White FC: 2064 9146 0109
#22Blingya25Posted 3/19/2013 2:46:31 PM
I love Fire Emblem games. I'll say it right now, I am a Fire Emblem Fanboy! That doesn't mean I'm totally biased or ignorant. Awakening is what I would say The Sacred Stones sequel.

Story and Map Objective not so much, but I'm not complaining.
---
That's how goddamminity damn good that god damn game is. - AC (GCN)
#23PKRockin531Posted 3/19/2013 2:50:18 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I enjoy everything the series has to offer, and I like how things are often different between games.

Are there things I might nitpick on? Sure. But I very much enjoy every installment for what they bring.

This, word for word, mainly. Shadow Dragon was a little dull, but I liked it even so. Blazing Sword a similar problem but in the form of blandish characters. I always try really hard to like my Lords because you're forced to use them, but ugh, Roy, darn you're so BAD. And I honestly can't think of a single other character from that game. Still I liked it as well.

Roy is from Sword of Seals, not Blazing Sword, lmao.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#24MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/19/2013 3:00:00 PM
strangers_wrath posted...
I have never once sat there and think "wow why did they change that" or "this map has a stupid design" they were all always fun to me. I see nothing wrong with awakening but ill probably be seen as a fan boy. I'm just. Guy who likes to play game. Bad story or not ifi like it ill play though anything just to finish the story. Well just wondering if anyone else felt the same

You have no idea how much I want to hug you/give you a high-five. Seriously, I am so sick of the negativity of this board.

Is this how it's been for every FE game? It's a pain and it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#25DemiseEndPosted 3/19/2013 3:02:22 PM
Now that i have played FE1, Shadow Dragon is dissapointing because they nerfed Marth >__>
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#26Sentinel07Posted 3/19/2013 3:07:49 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
strangers_wrath posted...
I have never once sat there and think "wow why did they change that" or "this map has a stupid design" they were all always fun to me. I see nothing wrong with awakening but ill probably be seen as a fan boy. I'm just. Guy who likes to play game. Bad story or not ifi like it ill play though anything just to finish the story. Well just wondering if anyone else felt the same

You have no idea how much I want to hug you/give you a high-five. Seriously, I am so sick of the negativity of this board.

Is this how it's been for every FE game? It's a pain and it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't think I've seen this before. Then again, this is the first time that I've actively been on gamefaqs for a FE game. But this kind of board always seems to follow games that do things differently and it ticks older gamers off.

For example, Star Fox Adventures and Metroid: Other M. Two games that divided the fanbase because they did things differently. I liked them both.
#27Wild_MantinePosted 3/19/2013 4:22:27 PM
Roy is from Sword of Seals, not Blazing Sword, lmao.

I mix them up frequently. Considering they're directly related, SoS was JP only game, and Blazing Sword was basically just "Fire Emblem," in the US. So, yeah, who cares?
---
Pokemon White FC: 2064 9146 0109
#28deoxyscyclonePosted 3/19/2013 10:12:25 PM
I agree with you, sir. 100%.

I have yet to be disappointed by a Fire Emblem game (though admittedly, I've played nowhere near each one), and they've all been very, very fun for me! :3

I hate it when fans of any series complain that a new addition to the series is horrible and shouldn't be there. Like when people complain about Second Seals and stuff. It's like... Who cares?! Now I can use my favorite character and not worry about another same-class character coming in later in the game that makes him/her seem horrible!

Of course there are exceptions, like when something vital is removed, but Fire Emblem changes a nice amount of things from game to game, without destroying what makes Fire Emblem the great game it is! And when they do, it's not huge. Like removing permadeath. They didn't remove it in Awakening, but they made it an option! Honestly, I'm glad. My best friend is enjoying this game (her first FE), and I think she would have been turned away with Classic Mode her first time through. I'd hate for her to lose interest in FE at the very start...

Regardless, I'll end my wall of text here now. :P I enjoyed this topic, and seriously... This series is fantastic! It has some... down moments... but nothing absolutely crippling.
---
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights