Stahl's OFFICIAL Hair Color Analysis

#1AsianSupermanPosted 3/19/2013 1:31:14 PM
Alright, based on an earlier thread, some of us debated on Stahl's official hair color. So I took his official pic into Photoshop and analyzed the two main shades of his hair.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Seijo/FE13_StahlOfficialHair01_zpsb706d58f.jpg

The first pic is the lighter shade. The RGB is 118, 115, 106. This means that red is the dominant color in that shade. The overall colors also put his hair on the greyish, light orange spectrum.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Seijo/FE13_StahlOfficialHair02_zpsf052ff01.jpg

The second pic is of Stahl's dark shade. The RGB is 79, 63, 63. This means that red is once again the dominant color. The overall colors also put his dark shade in a grey-ish red spectrum.

All together, his hair is Dark Grey/Brown, since dark orange and red lean towards most brown hair colors and the nearly equal RGB make for grey.

I know a lot of people thought it was Green, but that was simply a color trick done by his armor. If his hair was green then his RGB should be something like 110, 130, 110 and 60, 70, 60. Which it is not.
---
Yep! Superman beat Goku. Love 'em both, but anyone who thinks Goku could beat a planet lifter is in pure denial.
PSN: SeiMikazuki - Dragon's Dogma Pawn - Ryu
#2ksemanrPosted 3/19/2013 1:33:35 PM
PS doesn't mean jack.
---
Palutena for SSB4 http://i.imgur.com/5hfz2.jpg
You can eat the skin of a kiwi.
#3ThePancakePosted 3/19/2013 1:35:19 PM
No colour expert here, but since the hair still appears green without the armor, it's probably a different illusion. Probably something to do with the red/brownness in the shadowed parts.

(Also I'm sure the character designers intended for it to look green. So pure colours really shouldn't matter.)
#4jonnovision1Posted 3/19/2013 1:36:31 PM
his hair is green, how do I know other than the obvious? he's part of the Cain and Abel archetype, an archetype of traditonally green and red knights, Sully is the red(Cain), Stahl is the green(Abel).

also it's not a color trick if it still looks green while blocking off his armor from your view.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#5AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:36:56 PM
ksemanr posted...
PS doesn't mean jack.

Like talking about Evolution in an Evangelical camp..

It's not about using photoshop. It's about what the actual numbers and the science of colors state and show.
---
Yep! Superman beat Goku. Love 'em both, but anyone who thinks Goku could beat a planet lifter is in pure denial.
#6AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:38:16 PM
jonnovision1 posted...
his hair is green, how do I know other than the obvious? he's part of the Cain and Abel archetype, an archetype of traditonally green and red knights, Sully is the red(Cain), Stahl is the green(Abel).

also it's not a color trick if it still looks green while blocking off his armor from your view.

Did you not look at the images..? Look at the numbers. You're practically denying Science lol.
---
#7ksemanrPosted 3/19/2013 1:38:31 PM
AsianSuperman posted...
ksemanr posted...
PS doesn't mean jack.

Like talking about Evolution in an Evangelical camp..

It's not about using photoshop. It's about what the actual numbers and the science of colors state and show.

What I mean is, on what authority does some lower grade program such as Photoshop become the end all definition of what a color is? Especially when the colors used in it are made differently than they are in the real world, or with the tools that the arts uses when hand drawing?
---
#8KitsuKitsuPosted 3/19/2013 1:39:13 PM
Most people are idiots who have no real sense of colour or idea of how visuals work (bet the terms hue, saturation, and intensity is pretty much moonspeak for the majority of them).

I applaud your efforts, and I agree that you are right. However, this topic is wasted among the masses of uneducated and unintelligent forum goers.
#9ksemanrPosted 3/19/2013 1:39:18 PM
AsianSuperman posted...
jonnovision1 posted...

Did you not look at the images..? Look at the numbers. You're practically denying Science lol.

Using PHOTOSHOP of all things as your source for "empirical data" is what's a shame to science.
---
#10ffdghPosted 3/19/2013 1:39:31 PM
Oh c'mon it's really not that serious.
---
the current condition of Nintendo by internet standards.DOOOOOMED
Keyblades and a flightless angel.