POLL: Is it a single Universe or Multiverse? (SPOILERS)

#11SpikayaPosted 3/19/2013 4:16:01 PM
PKRockin531 posted...
Multiverse is already confirmed as one of the unreleased Season 2 DLCs deals with the group going to the universe where Grima won(where Lucina came from) and trying to help out there.

Umm, wouldn't that be a seperate timeline because of how the MUGrima chased after the kids into the past and is defeated there? And TWO OF EACH CHILD? Grima obviously won there, but it doesn't make it the same as the inplot future.

Stop saying FoD = Lucina's future. Srsly.
---
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#12AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 4:17:42 PM
Spikaya posted...
PKRockin531 posted...
Multiverse is already confirmed as one of the unreleased Season 2 DLCs deals with the group going to the universe where Grima won(where Lucina came from) and trying to help out there.

Umm, wouldn't that be a seperate timeline because of how the MUGrima chased after the kids into the past and is defeated there? And TWO OF EACH CHILD? Grima obviously won there, but it doesn't make it the same as the inplot future.

Maybe it is supposed to be Lucina's future.. Just badly planned and written.
---
Yep! Superman beat Goku. Love 'em both, but anyone who thinks Goku could beat a planet lifter is in pure denial.
PSN: SeiMikazuki - Dragon's Dogma Pawn - Ryu
#13SazukeEXPosted 3/19/2013 4:17:46 PM
Indeed.

There are multiple timelines and the Despair series is not the exact one that Lucina comes from.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#14PKRockin531Posted 3/19/2013 4:19:54 PM(edited)
PKRockin531 posted...

But in that DLC I believe the kid's can actually talk to themselves, so the game is totally fine with doing that silly thing. Not sure about the Grima part since I barely skimmed through the videos, although he is present so you're right. It's an easy mistake to make on my part since the two timelines are very similar, and the game itself doesn't mention there's a 3rd universe where Grima won yet again, until the DLC itself, so I wouldn't have much to verify with.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#15SpikayaPosted 3/19/2013 4:21:37 PM
PKRockin531 posted...
PKRockin531 posted...

But in that DLC I believe the kid's can actually talk to themselves, so the game is totally fine with doing that silly thing. Not sure about the Grima part since I barely skimmed through the videos. It's an easy mistake to make since the two timelines are very similar, and the game itself doesn't mention there's a 3rd universe where Grima won yet again, until the DLC itself.

From some late game dialogue, it's suggested that there's tons of possible timelines, and in almost all of them Grima wins.

SO THERE!
---
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#16WebbOMGPosted 3/19/2013 4:24:12 PM
I believe that every single potential future (all potential parent marriages, children marriages, potential futures where everyone dies, current timelines where WE defeat Grima, etc.) are all completely canon.

Every possible marriage we are allowed is canon and exist separately within the multi-verse.
#17AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 4:27:28 PM
WebbOMG posted...
I believe that every single potential future (all potential parent marriages, children marriages, potential futures where everyone dies, current timelines where WE defeat Grima, etc.) are all completely canon.

Every possible marriage we are allowed is canon and exist separately within the multi-verse.

I thought about this before. But this would mean that all the main Shepherds in all universes have really bad genes lol.
---
Yep! Superman beat Goku. Love 'em both, but anyone who thinks Goku could beat a planet lifter is in pure denial.
PSN: SeiMikazuki - Dragon's Dogma Pawn - Ryu
#18SazukeEXPosted 3/19/2013 4:30:00 PM
WebbOMG posted...

Of course every possible pairing is canon because of Alternate Timelines.

I guess that was Idea's way of not having to fight canon wars as they can say that due to multiple futures everyone's canon is their own.

Unlike the other FE games that followed one path/timeline only thus canon wars were always intense for them.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#19Jack_the_monke7Posted 3/19/2013 4:43:35 PM
huh? this isn't even a question. If it was one timeline then the kids should've ceased to exist.
#20OsrangerPosted 3/19/2013 4:53:53 PM
Every time you reset your game because a character died, you create a new universe where they didn't!