So what's with all the Lucina hate around here *spoilers*

#1thompsontalker7Posted 3/20/2013 5:37:36 PM
One of the more recent female video game main characters I can think of in recent gaming history that is badass while being simultaneously fully clothed >_>

-Was badass enough to be the leader of the future she came from and the children there

-Tough as nails yet not beyond breaking down upon revealing herself to Chrom

-Manages to become her own character despite taking the identity of an ancient hero

-Extremely humble despite living in a crapsack world

-Dat gorgeous long hair

Sure, she's serious business a lot of the time and her quotes get tiring after a while, but had I not been a FeMC she's my waifu in a heartbeat :P
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#2Misha-HeartPosted 3/20/2013 5:39:02 PM
Well... she does seem to lack some thinking in some scenes, but I forgive her.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#3jonnovision1Posted 3/20/2013 5:39:36 PM
where are you getting your info? Lucina is one of the most popular characters in the game, in Japan and NA.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#4PKRockin531Posted 3/20/2013 5:39:48 PM
Being clothed is not a pro nor a con to a character.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#5livewire66Posted 3/20/2013 5:39:52 PM
Agreed.
---
We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.
#6thompsontalker7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 5:41:09 PM
PKRockin531 posted...

Lara Croft
Bayonetta
Tifa
Ivy

There's something all 4 are known for and it's not just being interesting characters.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#7lucky_sharm19Posted 3/20/2013 5:43:05 PM
PKRockin531 posted...

It's quite a feat to look attractive without being naked from the waist down.

Anyhow, what's with all these "why does X get hate around here" topics? This is like the third one.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
Not another step, potato molester!
#8SwampertOwnsPosted 3/20/2013 5:43:09 PM
PKRockin531 posted...

Wrong. Being clothed is a MAJOR pro for many people (like myself, for one).
---
"To be defeated is to lose everything. Are you prepared for that outcome?" - Hawke, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
#9RDS1Posted 3/20/2013 5:44:16 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say "hate", but I dislike Lucina because I wasn't very impressed with her once she became playable, yet she's still absurdly popular. And also because she's the only daughter I can have as a FeMU, so it feels like I'm settling, especially since I don't want to marry Chrom. But that's besides the point.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#10PKRockin531Posted 3/20/2013 5:49:09 PM(edited)
PKRockin531 posted...

Lara Croft
Bayonetta
Tifa
Ivy

There's something all 4 are known for and it's not just being interesting characters.

The same people who like Lucina around here, also like Lyn who was barely clothed. Very wishy washy argument when at one time you're going "She's awesome because hotness!" and later "She's awesome because humble!" not specifically talking about you, but just saying.

To me, she's just a walking plot device who hurt the story because they basically had to go "Wait, she just fixed everything, so we have to kinda herp derp another plot device just so there's still a conflict!" And said plot device Grima from the alt timeline hurt her development, because he undoes everything she does within minutes of her doing it.

And I find she shares the same problem Seliph did. FE4 Gen 2 was basically "OMG SELIPH IS THE SON OF SIGURD WORSHIP HIM" while Lucina's is like "OMG LUCINA IS THE DAUGHTER OF CHROM WORSHIP HER" even when they've just popped up and haven't really done much but small things, and they're already garnering instant praise.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531