Rate the Skill,Chapter 32: Rally Skill and Bowbreaker

#1guedesbrawlPosted 3/20/2013 8:07:32 PM
Guys, I don't know if I am Noire or her dad, but I do know that my nose is running. Eww.

A little sad to see people giving Bowfaire a D just because they don't understand how to use bows effectively. It BARELY got a C rank.

Also, before starting this chapter, I skimmed the last topic to see if someone nominated Lethality...making this Paralogue 3 instead. Well, I failed a spotcheck, and had this all written out after i saw that nomination. I am sorry, I promise that Paralogue 3 will be here tomorrow, starring Lethality and Vantage.

-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)!A
*Galeforce (Dark Flier, Lv15)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)!S
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)
*Aptitude (Villager,Lv1)
*Swordbreaker (Wyvern Lord,Lv15)
*Deliverer (Griffon Rider,Lv5)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)
*Rally Speed (Falcon Knight,Lv5)
*Lancefaire (Falcon Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Movement (Dark Flier, Lv5)
*Rally Strength (Warrior,Lv5)
*Counter (Warrior,Lv15)
*Wrath (Berserker,Lv5)
*Axefaire (Berserker,Lv15)
*Lancebreaker (Griffon Rider,Lv15)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)
*Speed + 2 (Pegasus Knight,Lv1)
*Relief (Pegasus Knight,Lv10)
*Underdog (Villager,Lv1)
*HP +5 (Fighter,Lv1)
*Zeal (Fighter,Lv10)
*Despoil (Barbarian,Lv1)
*Gamble (Barbarian,Lv10)
*Strength +2 (Wyvern Rider,Lv1)
*Quick Burn (Wyvern Lord,Lv5)
*Hit Rate +20 (Sniper,Lv5)
*Bowfaire (Sniper,Lv15)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)
*Tantivity (Wyvern Rider,Lv10)
*Skill +2 (Archer,Lv10)
*Prescience (Archer,Lv10)

-Nominations-

Lethality: 11/10
Vantage: 9/10
Astra: 5/10
Ignis: 4/10
Despoil: 3/10
Rally Spectrum: 2/10
Veteran: 1/10
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:07:39 PM
Characters who can learn Rally Skill and Bowbreaker: Virion, Chrom, Stahl, Ricken, Tharja, Anna, Gregor, Donnel, Cordelia, Flavia, Priam, Noire, Inigo, Severa, Lucina, Yen'fay, Avatar, Morgan.

Characters who can inherit the skills and the class required: Cynthia (Chrom, Avatar), Owain, Brady, Kjelle, Gerome, Yarne, Laurent, Nah.

-------------------

Time to give a rating to the skills of Link's Class.

Rally Skill gives a Skill +4 boost to all allies within a 3-tile radius from the user. It's activated by using the Rally command.

Skill +4 is barely doing anything. D rank easily.

Bowbreaker gives the user a +50 Hit/Avoid bonus when the enemy is equipped with a bow.

The only guys getting some use of this skill are those with a weakness to bows. Bows lack direct attack range, and since there are no Weapon Triangle relations to worry about, the Avoid part loses it's utility. Specially with "Iote's Shield"...

Having more hit is always good,though, as situational as it is. B rank for me.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3MAtt5TERPosted 3/20/2013 8:15:51 PM
You guys, as a whole, are pretty bad at rating. You only look at surface value and don't see potential combos. "Outdoor Fighter is situational and lacking!" Well, how about you combine it with all of the dodge skills and you suddenly have a unit with +100 dodge?
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#4Canas_RenvallPosted 3/20/2013 8:20:02 PM
MAtt5TER posted...
You guys, as a whole, are pretty bad at rating. You only look at surface value and don't see potential combos. "Outdoor Fighter is situational and lacking!" Well, how about you combine it with all of the dodge skills and you suddenly have a unit with +100 dodge?

I think the point is to vote on each skill's individual merit. Otherwise any skill would be above C rank when in conjunction with other skills. Think before you type.

Anyway, D for Rally Skill and B for Bowbreaker.

Nominate Despoil!
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#5guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:20:39 PM
MAtt5TER posted...

just for starters, the avatar can have a ridiculous number of such combos. some skills are annalysed with others in mind, like Aether with Rightful Heir and Vanatage with Wrath/Vengeance.

It isn't doable.
---
Confession Time!
#6Model_OmegaPosted 3/20/2013 8:21:14 PM
Rally Skill: D, almost worthless, it's 8% more hit, or some integer between 2-8% for skills depending on which one it is, when aside from the skill chance Rally Luck provides along with minor avoid and dodge.

Bowbreaker: A for sure, nigh essential on flying units, especially once Snipers with Hit +20 show up or you bring flying units into Infinite Regalia, where they can't even counter Double Bow users.

Sure Iote's shield will (eventually) make this skill less vital, but I'm not going to let that take away from this skill's value
*COUGH*VeteranisstillhighrankinthefaceofsuperiorParagon*COUGH*
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#7guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:23:56 PM
Model_Omega posted...

Yep,we are totally getting paragon in lunatic early game, right?

Regardless, having a better option doesn't make something bad by default if it's still doing a good job.
---
Confession Time!
#8Model_OmegaPosted 3/20/2013 8:24:45 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
Model_Omega posted...

Yep,we are totally getting paragon in lunatic early game, right?

Regardless, having a better option doesn't make something bad by default if it's still doing a good job.

Umm, that's what I'm saying.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#9SliferIXPosted 3/20/2013 8:31:46 PM
D for rally skill. easily the least useful rally.

B for Bowbreaker. A nice option for anyone without a range weapon and great for fliers. Only advantage Iote is going to have over bowbreaker is availability for more fliers, breaker is still the better skill.
#10RedMageKirbyPosted 3/20/2013 8:50:00 PM(edited)
Rally Skill: C. It's not really that great. It'll probably get a D rank due to everyone's hate on for rallies, though.

Bowbreaker: the only breaker that I'd use ingame. B.

(Also, while Bowfaire definitely doesn't deserve a D, Bows are really weak in this game. Like, weaker than previous titles. It's not that people don't know how to use bows, they're just the most inferior choice possible.)
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]