Rate the Skill, Paralogue 3: Lethality and Vantage

#1guedesbrawlPosted 3/21/2013 7:37:59 PM
Sorry for messing this up. Everything is fine now, right?

...Right?

-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)!A
*Galeforce (Dark Flier, Lv15)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)!S
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)
*Aptitude (Villager,Lv1)
*Swordbreaker (Wyvern Lord,Lv15)
*Deliverer (Griffon Rider,Lv5)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)
*Rally Speed (Falcon Knight,Lv5)
*Lancefaire (Falcon Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Movement (Dark Flier, Lv5)
*Rally Strength (Warrior,Lv5)
*Counter (Warrior,Lv15)
*Wrath (Berserker,Lv5)
*Axefaire (Berserker,Lv15)
*Lancebreaker (Griffon Rider,Lv15)
*Bowbreaker (Bow Knight,Lv15)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)
*Speed + 2 (Pegasus Knight,Lv1)
*Relief (Pegasus Knight,Lv10)
*Underdog (Villager,Lv1)
*HP +5 (Fighter,Lv1)
*Zeal (Fighter,Lv10)
*Despoil (Barbarian,Lv1)
*Gamble (Barbarian,Lv10)
*Strength +2 (Wyvern Rider,Lv1)
*Quick Burn (Wyvern Lord,Lv5)
*Hit Rate +20 (Sniper,Lv5)
*Bowfaire (Sniper,Lv15)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)
*Tantivity (Wyvern Rider,Lv10)
*Skill +2 (Archer,Lv10)
*Prescience (Archer,Lv10)
*Rally Skill (Bow Knight,Lv5)

-Nominations-

Astra: 7/10
Ignis: 4/10
Despoil: 4/10
Rally Spectrum: 2/10
Veteran: 2/10
Rightful King: 1/10
Special Dance: 1/10

Paralogue & Nomination Rules:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65755412
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:38:51 PM(edited)
Characters that start with Vantage and can learn Lethality: Lon'qu, Say'ri, Owain, Yen'fay, Morgan (born from one of the four)

Characters that can learn Vantage and Lethality: Sully, Stahl, Gaius, Gregor, Olivia, Inigo, Kjelle, Priam, Avatar, Morgan

Characters that can learn Lethality but not Vantage: Vaike, Kellam, Panne, Anna, Henry, Flavia, Yarne, Gangrel

Characters that can inherit either skill and the classes required: Lucina (Sully, Olivia, Avatar), Cynthia (Gaius, Henry, Avatar), Brady, Severa, Gerome, Yarne (only for Vantage), Laurent, Noire, Nah.
-------------------

Both skills we are going to rediscuss today are currently at B rank. Feel free to comment if your vote changed.

Anyway, our first skill is Lethality. It ignores everything and kills the enemy. The Enemy-only skill "Dragonskin" negates it....so,yeah, not ''everything''.

...Yes. It's not "Huge damage attack", it just kills the enemy, regardless of HP, Attack, Defense...the only thing, is that it's activation rate is LOW...Skill/4. Capped 2nd tier units will have little over 10%.

Sure, it can be increased with Pair up, 3 Rally skills, Skill+2, All Stats +2 and "Limit Breaker" but that is a lot of work for something that even them will barely go over 20%. It's great to simply ignore everything and kill the enemy, but it's low activation rate really hurts it.

Other similar skills usually do enough damage to kill most enemies with higher activation rates. Still a B for me.

Vantage is another skill that got changed from it's latest appearance. For the better.

Simply put, when you have half of your HP, you will attack first, even in enemy phase. It requires your character to be in a almost dangerous situation but increases the chances of staying alive.

This can be good for light classes like Myrmidons, that don't need much to activate it, but can also be interesting on more defensive units like Knights, who will take longer to activate due to high Defense and HP, but they won't be in much danger from being at half HP. Or you can mix both and end up with Warriors...

A few other skills work with the concept of ''lower health, more power", so a proper combo can really make it shine. Despite the dangers of being low on health, I buff my vote from a B to an A rank.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3FlyingDeCowPosted 3/21/2013 7:45:38 PM
A for Vantage
B for Lethality
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#4Chaos_19Posted 3/21/2013 8:00:35 PM
Vantage A, Lethality C.

Lethality, in my opinion, is extremely overrated. Low proc rate, won't kill anything you'd want it to, and you'll kill yourself if the guy you're trying to stab activates Miracle and Counter. Plus you have to suffer through five levels of the horrible Assassin outfit to get it.
#5RedMageKirbyPosted 3/21/2013 8:04:53 PM
I'm going to give them both B. I think they're right where they belong. Lethality is definitely not A rank. Vantage isn't a brilliant skill either, though it can be useful in certain situations.
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#6KevinCCPosted 3/21/2013 8:05:01 PM
...and both skills can remain at B Rank. Not the best, not useless.
---
...as opposed to an average game.
#7LurkerkillerPosted 3/21/2013 8:08:55 PM
C Lethality
B Vantage

Lethality rate is too low to be reliable. Astra has twice the chance of activating and -should- be enough to kill someone as well. Counter is the argument people usually use against Astra, but let's be honest, unless you are playing Lunatic+ (which is a poorly made mode) the only real enemies that will have it are warriors and you can just attack them with someone else.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#8Deoxys_PrimePosted 3/21/2013 8:21:44 PM
Vantage - S
This skill has saved my ass countless times and it makes Sorc tanks nigh invincible. I run it on almost any unit I take because that retaliation can be a life saver.

Lethality - B
Meh. It has a low chance to activate and it usually activates when it doesn't matter. It's good for streetpass teams if you want to screw with your opponents though.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#9spyke252Posted 3/21/2013 8:23:24 PM
S vantage, D Lethality
#10CreepGnomePosted 3/21/2013 8:27:58 PM
and you'll kill yourself if the guy you're trying to stab activates Miracle and Counter.

This is such a ridiculously contrived situation that it's hard to believe you'd actually consider it a point against Lethality
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png