Rate the Skill, Paralogue 3: Lethality and Vantage

#41typhone004Posted 3/22/2013 8:33:26 AM
MAtt5TER posted...
You are doing something wrong if you are doing a base 2 damage to the enemy with astra hits.

Logic fallacy: ad hominem

Lol, please go look that term up. You are not using it right.
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#42hodori86Posted 3/22/2013 8:57:21 AM
Lethality is B teir at best. Yes the insta KO is good but the low proc rate is what keeps it at B. Sure its nice when it procs but rather have any of the other procs. Sol, Ignis, luna.

Vantage I say is A teir. Saved me loads of time. Vantage => Sol or ignis proc + crit = me alive, mainly because I because I put MU in the front.
#43LaPlaceTransforPosted 3/22/2013 9:02:23 AM
Lethality - D

Vantage - B
#44Rideps1Posted 3/22/2013 9:25:23 AM
KevinCC posted...
...and both skills can remain at B Rank. Not the best, not useless.

My sentiments exactly.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
An RNG'd Gangrel on the FE:A boards.
#45CreepGnomePosted 3/22/2013 9:45:49 AM
Logic fallacy: ad hominem

This is not ad hominem, by any stretch of the definition.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#46SorrySleepingPosted 3/22/2013 9:50:19 AM
Lethality-D
Most of the time you'd end up killing the enemy anyways or have a more useful skill in its place. The skill itself looks amazing, but falls short of doing anything other than trolling other people on SpotPass.

Vantage-A
Great skill. No proc rate and can really save a Nosferatu tank.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#47Chaos_19Posted 3/22/2013 10:02:01 AM(edited)
MAtt5TER posted...
^I'm not even sure you understand what I'm saying. Lethality's activation rate is effectively 40% if two back-to-back attacks are factored. What do not you mean by "not instant killing" if Lethality activates?

That's not how probabilities work. If I flip a coin twice I'm not guaranteed to get heads once.

How are you even getting 88 skill in the first place? The amount of work put into pushing your Skill stat that high (and consequently, the loss of damage from all your Rally bots) isn't worth it, because odds are good that you're going to end up killing whatever you attacked, regardless of whether Lethality triggered or not. Its use is further neutered by Dragonskin and Miracle.
#48typhone004Posted 3/22/2013 10:01:43 AM
Chaos_19 posted...
That's not how probabilities work. If I flip a coin twice I'm not guaranteed to get heads once.

He actually did do his math right. He didn't just double the chance of getting it in one hit to get the chance of doing it in 2 hits.
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#49SazukeEXPosted 3/22/2013 10:01:55 AM
Lethality alone - E
Lethality with Rightful King, Limit Breaker, and a Forged Brave Weapon? - S, easily.

Vantage - B
Decent skill but I prefer other skill combos over it that offer less risk to myself.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#50NeonCrusaderPosted 3/22/2013 10:04:14 AM
Vantage: A
Lethality: Ugh if I could rate it C+ or B- I would, but... Let's go with B
---
PSN: arbitraryasian
P4A: Yukiko/Mitsuru || BBCP: Valkenhayn/Azrael