Rate the Skill, Paralogue 3: Lethality and Vantage

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Rate the Skill, Paralogue 3: Lethality and Vantage
2 years ago#61
MAtt5TER posted...
So you have no idea how Lethality works, I see.

The chances of activating of Lethality is equal to your skill stat, divided by 4.

Oh cute. This guy thinks I don't know any better.

2. Celica's Gale has Brave effect. Two 22% chances in a row means (1-(1-.22)*(1-.22)) = 39% percent of instant killing anything.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65396013

you didn't specify that in your original post , and give me a goddamn break

lethality still sucks
---
Westbrick why are you dismissing your critics with one liners and ad homiens? Didn't you want debate?
-Wandering__Hero
2 years ago#62
Even given 39% chance of killing, by the time you get it, you can generally ohko most enemies. It's only useful with mire (going back to the abysmal rate). Unless you quite stupidly use a reclassed unpromoted unit at endgame.
The ONE enemy where you'd be doing damage that pitiful at that level has dragonskin, which nullifies the effect anyway.

Edit: and by ohko, I mean kill in one battle. Because you're not relying on a 40% chance to not take damage in a round of combat, its used for clearing enemies and boss purposes.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#64
A for Vantage. Easy to pick up early on, and has fantastic synergy with skills/weapons like Sol, Vengeance, Wrath and Nosferatu, to the point of being able to make units nearly immortal on a consistent basis in certain, if not most situations. Also not ashamed to admit that it ended up saving me a couple times when I wasn't planning on relying on it, especially on Lunatic.

C for Lethality. Too unreliable to be anything more than a novelty skill by endgame, especially when compared other skills with higher activation rates that are better for being more reliable at guaranteeing that you kill something instantly. Even as filler on people going through Assassin or lacking in other options, I still dislike it for that activation rate. My rating doesn't account for streetpass trolling, or how flashy it is, as much as I'll love seeing Assassin Noire proc Lethality with a Levin Sword and yell "BLOOD AND THUNDER" until she gets better options...
---
My (dead) board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/569736/b
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2257/nocommentlol4.png
2 years ago#65
A - Vantage
C - Lethality
2 years ago#66
Vantage: A
Lethality: D
---
"A HIND D!?" - Solid Snake
<.< <.< <.<
2 years ago#67
Vantage - A
Lethality - B at best. God that activation rate sucks.
---
"Yeah, sure, you're cool! Whatever..." -Ness' Mom
2 years ago#68
sorry, i late again...i wish i didn't need to be late but...

tsk, last chance
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
2 years ago#69
damn, why so many people are voting for vantage first?! this makes things so damn confusing
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
2 years ago#70
damn, why so many people are voting for vantage first?! this makes things so damn confusing
---
Confession Time!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Rate the Skill, Paralogue 3: Lethality and Vantage

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived