Best marriage option for cordelia?

#1St0ve1Posted 3/22/2013 4:29:28 AM
MU is married to lissa, so he is out.
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
Official husband of cherche
#2MuronPosted 3/22/2013 4:53:04 AM
I think it's generally the best to give Cordy someone who will augment her Sp/Skl stats.
Lon'qu gives her the best Severa in my experience.
Gaius is also really good if you don't mind "wasting" a galeforce.

If those two are vouched for I also see Stahl used.
#3WebbOMGPosted 3/22/2013 5:00:17 AM(edited)
My go-to pick is Stahl. Many would argue Lon'qu.

Stahl!Severa
Str +4
Mag -1
Skl +4
Spd +3
Lck -2
Def +3
Res -1

Lon'qu!Severa
Str +2
Mag +0
Skl +6
Spd +6
Lck +0
Def -1
Res -2

Comparing fathers, Stahl grants +2 Str, +4 Def and +1 Res at the cost of -2 Ski and -3 Spd (and -2Lck, which can be ignored).

These are comparable stats, and in most cases Stahl!Severa will both take less damage and deal more. Sure, she has -3 Spd compared to Lon'qu!Severa and ZOMG SUPER FINAL DLC BOSS might double you (both variants will still get doubled, unless you compensate via rallies, pair up bonus, etc), but for the other 99% of the game her +3 Spd will do just fine.

They both give access to Vantage, Astra and Swordfaire.
Stahl!Severa also gets Luna, which I find very attractive when running the following build:

Armsthrift, Swordfaire, Galeforce + Lifetaker (Lol), Luna w/ Ragnell equiped.

Stahl!Severa misses out on Lon'qu's breakers, but at endgame play this is hardly ever desirable (I know I won't bother to use breakers in practically any circumstance at stat-cap'd play).
#4typhone004Posted 3/22/2013 6:42:25 AM
I like your sig, tc.
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#5SpideyknightPosted 3/22/2013 7:30:18 AM
2 str is pretty much nothing. 3 speed is something, especially considering that you need to be +5 over everyone you attack. +3 ensures you get there, and stay there, sooner. Hitting 2 hp harder is in no way equal to hitting twice.

Most skills require the use of your skill stat, and you are nerfing even that, making the skills activate less. Armsthrift requires luck, so luck does indeed matter.

LQ is a better match for Cordelia, hands down. An argument could be made that Stahl is better than, or at least equal to, Virion for Olivia(if you didn't give Olivia to Chrom or MU). An argument I support, but not LQ. Cordelia is easily one of the best female marriage options and she deserves LQ's premium manseed.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#6PK_GamingPosted 3/22/2013 7:49:06 AM
Lon'qu is a much better pair to Cordelia than Stahl

The +2 Strength is literally inconsequential (since you can boost your offense up the ass with pairs) and Lon'qu is much more likely to pass down skills like Astra or Swordfaire without grinding (which are better suited for Severa than the GK / Paladin skills)
---
Westbrick why are you dismissing your critics with one liners and ad homiens? Didn't you want debate?
-Wandering__Hero
#7BlackSaborPosted 3/22/2013 8:23:30 AM
I really liked Vaike. Severa really didn't need the help with anything but strength and defense, she's OP no matter who you pair her with.

But what I really liked about it was counter, which she couldn't get without grinding like hell otherwise.
#8almostexactlyPosted 3/22/2013 8:30:38 AM
I kinda default to Lon'qu but WebbOMG's reasoning for Stahl sounds agreeable to me. Not liking that -2 to Luck though, Severa's luck growth from her mom is already a bit iffy.

Cavalier set sounds nice but I like Wyvern Knight better, not for the breakers but for Deliverer. Astra and Lethality might not be as great as Luna as far as damage activation skills go but can't win them all.
#9LurkerkillerPosted 3/22/2013 8:40:34 AM(edited)
While I do personally like Lon'qu!Severa, WebbOMG does have a point in Stahl for Severa, but not exactly what he said.

I've actually looked a lot into Severa for fathers for her and think Stahl might be better for her for an overall team because Lon'qu can literally fit for any type of child. Either a magical, or physical one.

Stahl on the other hand is a physical father, and Severa is more towards a physical child and he gives what Severa is looking for the most, Swordmaster access.

The only reason why I would give Severa Stahl over Lon'qu is because Lon'qu can fit for a magical child or a physical one depending on the players play style.

Pretty much, go with Stahl if you want other children to be magical/hybrid based, Lon'qu if you have all your fathers sorted out.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#10KysafenPosted 3/22/2013 8:41:13 AM(edited)
Lon'qu!Severa makes for a Mercenary who maxes Speed and Skill by the time she reaches level 20.
---
Or you could pair her with SazukeEX. She's his Waifu, you know.