Best marriage option for cordelia?

#11LaPlaceTransforPosted 3/22/2013 9:01:13 AM
Chrom
/trolled
#12WebbOMGPosted 3/22/2013 11:32:10 AM
Spideyknight posted...
2 str is pretty much nothing. 3 speed is something, especially considering that you need to be +5 over everyone you attack. +3 ensures you get there, and stay there, sooner. Hitting 2 hp harder is in no way equal to hitting twice.

Most skills require the use of your skill stat, and you are nerfing even that, making the skills activate less. Armsthrift requires luck, so luck does indeed matter.

Practically everything I ever discuss on these forums will assume capped stats. Otherwise, why would we ever have the need to discuss maximum stat modifiers?

+2 str is a static gain that will always grant an additional 2 damage. +3 spd is entirely negligible unless the character is somehow 5 speed lower than the foe... Which won't happen at capped stats. And if for some reason it does, like anything else, you can remedy this via pair up or rallies. Once you're already doubling your enemies, mt become the most valued stat.

+2 Ski is nice but having an extra 2% chance to activate Sol/Luna or +1% to activate Astra isn't going to make or break the game for anyone.

-2 Lck is entirely ignorable, once Limit Breaker comes out especially.

Meanwhile... Having an additional 4 def and 1 res means if you are successfully attacked 10 times in a single enemy phase, you mitigate and extra 40 physical damage or 10 magical damage.

The modifiers granted by Stahl are just better for Severa unless knowing you have +6 on 2 stats gives you a boner. That still won't change the fact that Stahl!Severa gets more mileage at capped stats.
#13JmercPosted 3/22/2013 11:46:46 AM
I've been using Gaius mostly, he gives str, skl, spd at the cost of luck. Stalh looks pretty good now that I read Webb's comments, I was going to try Gregor but Stalh's modifiers are ever so slightly better so I think I'll give it a go next run. Lon'Qu is obviously good but +6 spd might almost be overkill, and LQ is good for soooo many children that I always pair him up elsewhere
#14WebbOMGPosted 3/22/2013 12:10:44 PM(edited)
PK_Gaming posted...
The +2 Strength is literally inconsequential (since you can boost your offense up the ass with pairs)

This is an interesting statement, considering it applies to every single stat and not just your mt stats. What you're effectively saying is that +2 anything is negligible because it can be remedied by pair up bonuses.

To an extent, I agree, but at some point certain stats begin to diminish in value (once you are always doubling your foes, mt begins to shine more).

Lets say I have 46 str and 45 spd. If I'm going to double every enemy every time with these stats, I might as well take +2 str for an extra 4 damage rather than +2-3 spd for a tiny bit of avoidance.

Now lets look at a worst case scenario that you'll only encounter in the last 1% of all possible match ups. What if the enemy is an Assassin/Swordmaster with capped 52 spd? Sure, that would be more than enough to double 45 spd, and yes, 48 speed would be saved from the double, but like you've pointed out, pairing up and rallying exists!

An A rank support with a Swordmaster gives +10 spd, totalling 55 spd. That's still isn't enough to double 52 speed, but another +2 from any rallier or Tiki's tears would be.

Now I will be the first to admit, Stahl!Severa doesn't exactly shine in these few, extremely rare situations, but they're still fixable. But they ARE fixable and these situations are so rare that they don't really exist for us yet.

Btw, the 46 str and 45 spd in the example are the capped stats of Stahl!Severa Hero, while 52 spd is the cap of Lon'qu!Severa Assassin (which isn't a spd you will see outside of street pass or TSON unless I'm mistaken).
#15UryvichkPosted 3/22/2013 12:28:25 PM
But then I can't give Stahl to Panne. Why would I do that?

Vaike!Severa seems pretty awesome though. Still waffling on that, but I got lots of uses for Vaike. Honestly, I can't see who I'd want to give Lon'qu to other than Cordelia. They complement well.
#16WebbOMGPosted 3/22/2013 12:41:08 PM(edited)
Uryvichk posted...
But then I can't give Stahl to Panne. Why would I do that?

Vaike!Severa seems pretty awesome though. Still waffling on that, but I got lots of uses for Vaike. Honestly, I can't see who I'd want to give Lon'qu to other than Cordelia. They complement well.

Panne belongs with Gregor assuming you want an invincible Berserker of pain.

Stahl!Yarne's biggest issue to me is the fact that he lacks any forms of self healing.

Gregor!Yarne, on the other hand, can run the following:

Armsthrift
Axefaire
Swordbreaker / Lancebreaker
Vantage
Sol

Vantage + Sol means you're practically immortal.
Equip Helswrath and end turn.

=====-======-=====-=====-=====-=====-======-=====-=====-=====

Vaike!Gerome grants +7 str and allows the following build:

Wyvern Lord

Axefaire
Swordbreaker
[Iote's Shield] Lancebreaker
[Limit Breaker] Axebreaker
Sol
#17UryvichkPosted 3/22/2013 12:40:39 PM
Man, everybody wants Gregor. I still can't figure out who to throw him in with.