Will there ever be a balanced Fire Emblem?

#21Ultima_Weapon33Posted 3/23/2013 12:32:19 PM
I think if they axed the stupid permadeath system and made battles actually situations where it's important to win (rather than to win without losing anyone), that would go a long way towards making this a better game.
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#22FlyingDeCowPosted 3/23/2013 12:37:06 PM
What if they eliminated the male characters, removed combat alogether, and morphed the series into a dating sim?
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#23MagmarFirePosted 3/23/2013 12:43:07 PM
Didn't Awakening kind of do that already?
#24pizzaman95Posted 3/23/2013 12:44:19 PM
FlyingDeCow posted...
What if they eliminated the male characters, removed combat alogether, and morphed the series into a dating sim?

Meet n' F***: Ylisse

I need to stop watching Retsupurae so much.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#25chtma653Posted 3/23/2013 12:44:31 PM
TheDarkn1ght posted...
because enemy stats are often similar to the player

generic Daein troops vs. Sothe and Tauroneo
Jarod vs. Black Knight and/or Nailah
Crimean knights vs. Elincia, Geoffrey, and Haar
Laguz Royals vs Tier 3 enemies that lack anything that makes Tier 3 enemies threatening.
Greil Mercenaries vs. the Dawn Brigade

Radiant Dawn has some of the worst strength matchups in the series.
---
I, do, no,t, hav,e, a, c,o,m,m,a, p,ro,,,b,,l,em,,,,,
You may not include spoiler tags in your signature :(
#26black_turkeyPosted 3/23/2013 12:44:58 PM
Awakening is quite balanced in terms of difficulty on hard mode casual (assuming you don't grind or abuse DLC/second seals). To me, it hit the perfect balance between being challenging enough but not so hard that it's up to luck or requires grinding or "cheap" tactics (for example, using only MU/Chrom).

In terms of inter-character balance, magic is a bit overpowered, but otherwise the classes and characters (excluding the kids, which are broken) are pretty balanced. They only get unbalanced once you start grinding/class changing to combine skills into broken combos.
---
Founder of the movement to send Obama back to his home country of Hawaii