Class speculation

#11pizzaman95Posted 3/23/2013 11:03:53 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
this game, previos games or a next Fe, you guys need to decide what you are talking about.

i'd rather keep the balance aspect of heroes intact.

Friend specified "a new FE" apparently.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#12AyanokojiAkuno(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:05:28 AM
I'm rambling on about current mechanics. Say if a new FE game was made, and they gave Heroes the ability to use Lances, what do.

We were referencing mechanics of old games.
---
Akuno Ayanokoji
#13prince_leoPosted 3/23/2013 11:37:52 AM
Wouldn't add much since Axe's are the best weapon
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#14frozenphantomPosted 3/23/2013 11:52:20 AM
AyanokojiAkuno posted...
I'm rambling on about current mechanics. Say if a new FE game was made, and they gave Heroes the ability to use Lances, what do.

We were referencing mechanics of old games.

You would really have to look at it in comparison to the rest of the mechanic changes. Stat caps of Heroes, weapon weight mechanics, available weapons (for instance, Lances get Beast slaying access). I think it is generally unneeded, and doesn't quite fit thematically. Lance user classes all have the armored soldier theme(knight, soldier, mounted troops), while Heroes are very much the nimble, rough fighter. Swords and axes make more sense.
---
SSBB friend code: 1633 3855 4864
#15AyanokojiAkuno(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:08:07 PM
I don't see why not. We've had a non mounted lance wielding class before (which is apparently such heresy to any character that isn't a Lord, not including FE9/10), why not a non mounted class that uses the melee weapon triangle?
---
Akuno Ayanokoji
#16IlluminaZer0Posted 3/23/2013 9:22:04 PM
I agree that it would be too much. Great Knight has full weapon triangle but suffers from armored/beast weaknesses + the lowest movement of the promoted mounted classes.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#17AyanokojiAkuno(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:40:55 PM
Which is what I've been saying throughout the topic. Evidently there many axe lovers on this board
---
Akuno Ayanokoji