Which VAs in this game do you like the best so far?

#1EvilStorm238Posted 3/23/2013 4:13:11 PM
Yeah, outside of battles and pre-rendered cutscenes, there's not a lot of voice acting that goes on in the game outside of grunts, laughs and the occasional word. But despite that, which VA or VAs do you think did the best job to you in Awakening?

For me, Mathew Mercer was pretty good as Chrom, even if he does make him sound more mature than I imagined him to be, but I guess all to make Chrom sound like a badass. Was certainly better than the emotionless job that Jason Adkins did as Ike in both PoR/RD (let's face it, as awesome as Ike was, Jason Adkins could have done his voice more justice in some areas).

Other good ones I have to mention were Kyle Hebert (Frederick & Validar), Wendee Lee (Avatar), Michelle Ruff (Avatar & Noire), Kaiji Tang (Owain), Liam O'Brian (Inigo), Stephanie Sheh (Tharja & Kjelle), Vic Mignogna (Brady, or so I hear), Travis Willingham (Lon'qu), Laura Bailey (Lucina), Sam Regal (Stahl & Donnel), Richard Epcar (Walhart), Patrick Seitz (Basilio) and several others, but I can't name them off because I don't remember the names and I'd be here forever.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#2Niteclaw1028Posted 3/23/2013 4:14:42 PM
In addition to Liam O'Brien as Inigo, Kyle Hebert as Frederick and Validar, and Richard Epcar as Walhart, who are all awesome at what they do, I have to say Yuri Lowenthal as Ricken and Tara Platt as Miriel and Flavia were both fantastic
---
"Pick a god and pray!" -- Frederick, FE:Awakening
Official Grand Master Flygon :: Water Elite Four of the Banzuke Wi-Fi League.
#3daytonthegreatPosted 3/23/2013 4:16:23 PM
EvilStorm238 posted...
Yeah, outside of battles and pre-rendered cutscenes, there's not a lot of voice acting that goes on in the game outside of grunts, laughs and the occasional word. But despite that, which VA or VAs do you think did the best job to you in Awakening?

For me, Mathew Mercer was pretty good as Chrom, even if he does make him sound more mature than I imagined him to be, but I guess all to make Chrom sound like a badass. Was certainly better than the emotionless job that Jason Adkins did as Ike in both PoR/RD (let's face it, as awesome as Ike was, Jason Adkins could have done his voice more justice in some areas).

Other good ones I have to mention were Kyle Hebert (Frederick & Validar), Wendee Lee (Avatar), Michelle Ruff (Avatar & Noire), Kaiji Tang (Owain), Liam O'Brian (Inigo), Stephanie Sheh (Tharja & Kjelle), Vic Mignogna (Brady, or so I hear), Travis Willingham (Lon'qu), Laura Bailey (Lucina), Sam Regal (Stahl & Donnel), Richard Epcar (Walhart), Patrick Seitz (Basilio) and several others, but I can't name them off because I don't remember the names and I'd be here forever.

I liked these voice actors best :

Stephanie Sheh (Tharja & Kjelle)
Wendee Lee (Avatar)
Sam Regal (Stahl & Donnel)
Mathew Mercer (Chrom) <- I agree with you.
---
I liked this Story....
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9045624/1/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Hexes-and-Proposals
#4Sentinel07Posted 3/23/2013 4:38:20 PM(edited)
I'd list them, but it would take too long.

To put it shortly, I didn't dislike a single one, although Bryce Papenbrook did a hilarious job with Henry. Laura Bailey was excellent as always as was Sam Riegel with Donnel. Oh, and can't forget Hunter Austin as Nowi.

Among other characters, definately liked Kaiji Tang (Owain), Stacy Okada (Cynthia), and Julie Ann Taylor (Cordelia/Severa).
#5EvilStorm238(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 4:17:25 PM
I also forgot about Gideon Emrey (sp?) as Gaius. He was fantastic, but then again, I loved him as Steve Fox in Street Fighter X Tekken.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#6EvilStorm238(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 4:27:30 PM
Of course, I have to say that the only thing that would made the voice cast for this game truly perfect is if they managed to get Jim Cummings to do one of the voices for the game. In fact, while Kyle Hebert was good as him, I think Jim Cummings could have done an even better Validar. The guy knows how to play a complete a-hole in the cartoon or video game he's in, yet can also make them quite loveable as well as despicable.

Oh yeah, and I also forgot Paul St. Peter as Gregor. He was fantastic as him.
---
#7IlluminaZer0Posted 3/23/2013 4:32:31 PM
My favorites overall are Chrom, Nowi, and Sully.

Sumia seems to oscillate between really awesome and annoying for some odd reason.

Overall I enjoy the English VA over the Japanese VA, thankfully this is becoming increasingly common. Thinking back to 90s English VAs of Japanese games... The only hope I really had was that it was so bad it was funny.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#8EvilStorm238(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 4:36:28 PM
IlluminaZer0 posted...
My favorites overall are Chrom, Nowi, and Sully.

Sumia seems to oscillate between really awesome and annoying for some odd reason.

Overall I enjoy the English VA over the Japanese VA, thankfully this is becoming increasingly common. Thinking back to 90s English VAs of Japanese games... The only hope I really had was that it was so bad it was funny.

Well, the English voice acting for the first Ys game wasn't too bad, but yeah, I remember playing Soul Calibur II, and just cringing every time Xianghua in her English voice would say, "Justice will prevail! Just kidding!"

First off, it sounded terrible. And second, what the hell does that even mean?
---
#9Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/23/2013 5:08:29 PM(edited)
Oh man, are there too may good actors to list. I suppose at the top would be Laura Bailey (one of my most favorite VAs ever), folloed by Kyle Hybert, Wendee Lee, Michelle Ruff (don't care if they're two of the most common actors in the business, I adore them), Travis Willingham, Stephanie Sheh, Tara Platt, Mathew Mercer...

About the only actors I wish would have been included are Crispin Freeman (most favorite VA hands down) and Johnny Yong Bosch

Special mention goes to apparent newcomer to the voice acting world Stacy Okada, VA of Say'ri and Cynthia. She could be an alias, but if she isn't, new actors are always welcome in the dubbed anime and video games world. Judging by the two characters, she may have a good range on her, and shes excellent in both roles. I do hope to hear more from her.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#10EvilStorm238(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 5:06:56 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...

About the only actor I wish would have been included are Crispin Freeman (most favorite VA hands down) and Johnny Yong Bosch

This so much.

I wish Freeman was still doing anime as I don't know if he still is. Last I heard his voice in was Code Geass.

Bosch is amazing too, but these days, you can swing a dead cat without hitting an anime or video game he's been in. Still, more proof that he's truly awesome.
---