So Ike's awakening art

#1jadefwPosted 3/23/2013 7:13:06 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120719032723/fireemblem/images/b/b4/Ike_DLC_Kakusei_Artwork.png

It took me a while to figure out his right arm is intact and holding a sword. And not an arm that was cut off at the elbow and replaced by a blade. I've never played an FE game before, and was looking through out the wiki. To see when this would have happened. I feel foolish.
---
Professional Horse Assassin
Black FC:5286 0722 5349
#2OrangeCrush980Posted 3/23/2013 7:15:38 PM
You're wrong. Ike wanted to show Owain what a real sword hand is.
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#3lordlugia_rocksPosted 3/23/2013 7:17:01 PM
Yea.... Ike's awakening art is absolutely dismal, Why'd they make him from being well-built to completely emaciated with an oversized head is beyond. It pretty much just lacks overall basic anatomy. Now some of the other designs lack real-life anatomy but on those other arts it tends to look good.

Ike's art is trash tier, right next to Lyns.

(lol)
---
Official Shiftry of the B/W Boards! Grass type fanatic and proud of it! Lilligant and Shiftry ftw!
Pokemon Black FC: 2709-1474-4073
#4Gold_VanguardPosted 3/23/2013 7:18:28 PM
lordlugia_rocks posted...
Yea.... Ike's awakening art is absolutely dismal, Why'd they make him from being well-built to completely emaciated with an oversized head is beyond. It pretty much just lacks overall basic anatomy. Now some of the other designs lack real-life anatomy but on those other arts it tends to look good.

(lol)

What's so bad about Lyn's?
---
I'm here to kick ass and play games, and I'm all out of ass.
#51998_zPosted 3/23/2013 7:18:37 PM
It's the colors which makes him looks sucks anyway.

The DLC one still uses his PoR potrait on battles, isn't he?
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 11
R - Rocket Scientist || Official Trumpeter of the SMTIV board
#6ZeroFrogPosted 3/23/2013 7:23:05 PM
FUN EXPERIMENT!

Hold your right arm straight out from your body like Ike is doing with a stick in hand

Try to fit your right knee right beside this stick on the outside of it (relative to you)

???????

Congratulations! You have big legs
#7DlordflashPosted 3/23/2013 7:24:45 PM
1998_z posted...
It's the colors which makes him looks sucks anyway.

The DLC one still uses his PoR potrait on battles, isn't he?

It should be the same as every other DLC character, they use their DLC art in the DLC that you get them in and the Spotpass art in any other map
#8Suffer_NotPosted 3/23/2013 7:39:42 PM
I think the problem is that it's trying to accommodate how Heroes look in this game when Ike isn't really built for that type of armor.

http://serenesforest.net/media/fe10illust/e/ike_en.png

He's got a far stockier body, and he relies more on leather armors reinforced with plating than just a suit of interlocking metal. I also feel like the overall style for Radiant Dawn puts more emphasis on mobile armor; Ike looks like he could comfortably move through a Desert, Swamp, or any of the other outdoor environments he has to deal with. Someone in the Hero armor is clearly more designed for an indoors environment, it would be too hot or heavy to deal with for an extended war outside while trying to keep up with the Laguz.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#9SazukeEXPosted 3/23/2013 7:42:58 PM
lordlugia_rocks posted...

(lol)

Turns out there's no a lot of food when you go searching new lands that may have no known human populations.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#10slowwavePosted 3/23/2013 7:47:47 PM
Suffer_Not posted...
Someone in the Hero armor is clearly more designed for an indoors environment, it would be too hot or heavy to deal with for an extended war outside while trying to keep up with the Laguz.

No, it would not.

Users should not overestimate the weight of good armor and underestimate the cardiovascular endurance of those who would go to war.
---
INCOMING TRANSMISSION