An idea for FeMU

#11uuurrrggh(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:51:06 PM
Kantonoso posted...
Tezion posted...
SPD is the best asset. for obvious reasons.

DEF is the best flaw. It's -3 DEF to your cap, but that's better than losing 2 points in either STR, MAG, SPD (RES or LUK flaw).

In Lunatic, that -3 defense can really get you slaughtered. It's easily the worst flaw.

With my edits, it's unlikely she'll be the attacked, not with a rally-upped army raping the game (not to mention a sorcerer avatar i'm importing). But she can hold her ground against one or two attacks, if need be. At least she wo't be doubled by non-brave weapoins and waste (but waste has terrible hit, so no worries there).She's more of a rally/ranged attacker then a defender, and we all know most physical attacks are melee weapons. So I think she'll be good, especially when sorcerers, MAGIC users, are the norm for spotpass.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#12KantonosoPosted 3/23/2013 7:53:35 PM
Tezion posted...
That's what I thought at first, but that's only for the cap. Irrc it's only -1 Def for the base stat.

I managed to replace Frederick with MU for Chapter 1 even with -DEF, although admittedly I still had to use Frederick for the first couple turns for Chapter 2.

I guess you're just luckier than me.

In every FE I've ever played, units like swordmasters are utterly useless to me since their evasion doesn't make two craps of difference (30% hit? They get surrounded and wailed on by 4 axe users, getting hit every time.) Without fail, this is my experience using an evasion based unit. As such, defense based units have always been my lifeline - and gimping their defense is suicide.

Likewise, I also need guaranteed hits when possible. If my hit drops below 90% I don't even bother trying to land it - I simply won't hit it often enough for it to be worth the risk.

As such, my tactics are usually more akin to a "creeping barrage" where I have a line of heavier units like Generals and Heroes tanking hits for archers and whanot behind them.

Honestly, the concept of not dying terribly with -3 def is so alien to me that I can't even tell if you're serious or not.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#13TezionPosted 3/23/2013 8:01:57 PM
Kantonoso posted...
Tezion posted...
That's what I thought at first, but that's only for the cap. Irrc it's only -1 Def for the base stat.

I managed to replace Frederick with MU for Chapter 1 even with -DEF, although admittedly I still had to use Frederick for the first couple turns for Chapter 2.

I guess you're just luckier than me.

In every FE I've ever played, units like swordmasters are utterly useless to me since their evasion doesn't make two craps of difference (30% hit? They get surrounded and wailed on by 4 axe users, getting hit every time.) Without fail, this is my experience using an evasion based unit. As such, defense based units have always been my lifeline - and gimping their defense is suicide.

Likewise, I also need guaranteed hits when possible. If my hit drops below 90% I don't even bother trying to land it - I simply won't hit it often enough for it to be worth the risk.

As such, my tactics are usually more akin to a "creeping barrage" where I have a line of heavier units like Generals and Heroes tanking hits for archers and whanot behind them.

Honestly, the concept of not dying terribly with -3 def is so alien to me that I can't even tell if you're serious or not.

DEF is less useful in higher difficulties especially when the enemies have Luna+, and with how many magic users there are mixed everywhere. I'd rather have that +1 SPD over -3 DEF not for evasion but prevention of doubling.

The only units I'd ever rely on as "tanky" are manaketes, which apparently can take no damage from Grima even in Lunatic (I'm on my 2nd run to try it since I didn't bother with manaketes my first run).

I think you're overestimating the value of -3 def in this game. Consider that the def cap for generals is 50. It's not like it's -3 def right from the start either.