Libra and Tharja

#1disco_staplerPosted 3/23/2013 9:35:51 PM
Have a death wish. I keep on having to restart Chapter 9 because Libra runs away to attack a soldier and gets mauled by wyvern knights while Tharja wants to attack the only unit who can counterattack and kill her. ARRRRRGGGHHH
#2NextGen_TBPosted 3/23/2013 9:36:59 PM
Um... play manually?
---
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"....I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu
#3EvilStorm238Posted 3/23/2013 9:38:05 PM
An idea for you. Pair Chrom with your strongest flier and when you can clear out those surrounding Libra, send Chrom down there to recruit Libra.

As for Tharja, only put someone in place that can't counterattack. I had the same problem with Cynthia on my first game, which made me think she was a complete blockhead. Guess it's not just limited to her.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#4ffdghPosted 3/23/2013 9:39:41 PM
Pair chrome up with sumia to get as close as possible so you can talk to him or so he can run up to you.

Tharja....I just waited till she advanced far enough to talk to her without her getting killed...or killing chrome lol
---
the current condition of Nintendo by internet standards.DOOOOOMED
Keyblades and a flightless angel.
#5disco_stapler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:39:48 PM
Yeah, I'm trying that now. The first time Tharja attacked Miriel, even though I was sure she'd go for one of the three others in her range. The second try Libra ran off to kill things before I got Chrom over there. I guess clearing out the foes around him can be a bad thing.
#6Misha-HeartPosted 3/23/2013 9:40:58 PM
Use the Rescue staff that you hopefully still have from Donnel's map.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#7EvilStorm238Posted 3/23/2013 9:41:34 PM
Misha-Heart posted...
Use the Rescue staff that you hopefully still have from Donnel's map.

That, too, should work.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#8IlluminaZer0Posted 3/23/2013 9:45:10 PM(edited)
You can rush to the south. Enemies to the east will not attack until:

1) The Wyvern reinforcements arrive
2) You go sufficiently east

There should be no need for a rescue staff since you should be charging South as quickly as possible anyways to keep your units from getting ambushed from the Wyverns. Also note that Libra will talk to Chrom on his own, so all you need to do is have Chrom within range of Libra.

For Tharja you have two options, but note to highlight her character so you know her attack range.

1) Pair Chrom with a pegasus knight to make his movement greater than Tharja's
2) Just wait till Tharja starts attacking, and wait for her to get within range...

Recruiting Tharja shouldn't be a big deal at all. She should be one of the very last units that attacks your party due to her position.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#9disco_stapler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:47:55 PM
Alright! He didn't run off to be a hero this time! And I won't put anyone who can counterattack Tharja in her range.
#10jeffhengPosted 3/23/2013 11:58:25 PM
You can tell libra is stupid by him trying to kill the mage that does 0 dmg instead of the archer or spearman
---
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue.