Libra and Tharja

#11IlluminaZer0Posted 3/24/2013 2:01:42 AM(edited)
jeffheng posted...
You can tell libra is stupid by him trying to kill the mage that does 0 dmg instead of the archer or spearman

Seriously. In a way it's nice that Libra spends so much time healing himself on harder modes though. On Hard I once had Libra charge the east myself, on Lunatic he is more or less immobilized.

But I give him bonus points for being one of the few NPCs that will talk to Chrom independently.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#12disco_stapler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 1:35:23 AM
It's because there's no magical tactician telling them what to do.
#13Devil_Killer_JCPosted 3/25/2013 2:10:31 AM
disco_stapler posted...
It's because there's no magical tactician telling them what to do.

Yeah, the person telling Libra what to do is the same moron that controls the enemies. "DAMAGE IS EVERYTHING!!!" *facedesk*

Seriously, the AI in Awakening is just bad. Even RD's AI was far superior, and it was dumb.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#14pizzaman95Posted 3/25/2013 2:18:29 AM(edited)
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
Yeah, the person telling Libra what to do is the same moron that controls the enemies. "DAMAGE IS EVERYTHING!!!" *facedesk*

Seriously, the AI in Awakening is just bad. Even RD's AI was far superior, and it was dumb.

The AI in Fire Emblem has always been more likely to hinder the player over actually trying to win or acting in-character.

Strange, because apparently Advance Wars(which is made by the same company) has intelligent AI(more or less, it still has derp moments).
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#15Devil_Killer_JCPosted 3/25/2013 2:21:23 AM
pizzaman95 posted...

The AI in Fire Emblem has always been more likely to hinder the player over actually trying to win or acting in-character.

Strange, because apparently Advance Wars(which is made by the same company) apparently has intelligent AI(more or less, it still has derp moments).

LoL, yeah, that is odd. I've never played advance wars, but I have heard the same thing about its AI. You'd think they'd make a somewhat intelligent AI like that instead of the herp and derp AI that Awakening has. If it wasn't for Lunatic mode having enemies that have extremely high stats, you'd laugh yourself silly with every move the AI makes.
---
biohazardmercenaries.com
#16pizzaman95Posted 3/25/2013 2:23:51 AM
you'd laugh yourself silly with every move the AI makes.

They did at least make one improvement.

That old tactic of "tossing the Jagen out without weapons as a distraction" no longer works if anyone else is in range.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#17Devil_Killer_JCPosted 3/25/2013 2:27:08 AM
pizzaman95 posted...
you'd laugh yourself silly with every move the AI makes.

They did at least make one improvement.

That old tactic of "tossing the Jagen out without weapons as a distraction" no longer works if anyone else is in range.

Well, yeah, there's that... LoL
---
biohazardmercenaries.com
#18fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 3/25/2013 2:31:43 AM
I thought this was a topic about pairing those two up. Their little marriage story was touching :D
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#191998_zPosted 3/25/2013 2:36:07 AM
fuzzylittlbunny posted...
I thought this was a topic about pairing those two up. Their little marriage story was touching :D

I thought of the same thing.

People have their opinions but honestly I don't like both pretty much. Something about Libra seems off on there.
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 12
R - Rocket Scientist || Official Trumpeter of the SMTIV board
#20GSSAGE7Posted 3/25/2013 3:00:00 AM
pizzaman95 posted...

Strange, because apparently Advance Wars(which is made by the same company) has intelligent AI(more or less, it still has derp moments).

To be fair, IS has probably learned by now that people instantly reset if they lose one character. With that in mind, all the AI has to do is kill one character, and the player instantly quits the mission.