Donnel and Nowi.

#1lucariofan23Posted 3/23/2013 11:40:02 PM
So I passed on Aptitude and Swordbreaker to Nah, and I kind of regret not passing on Lifetaker from Nowi...

Can I get some skills suggestions for an offensively inclined Manakete Nah? I can't seem to settle on a solid set for this one. :\
---
Name: trev. :}
3DS FC -- 0559-7269-5928
#2ZaharadinePosted 3/23/2013 11:42:55 PM
Go merc to pick up armsthrift (whether you use it or not, grabbing it doesn't hurt) promote at 10 to get Sol, go back to manakete or get galeforce from dark flier. Nah with Sol and a Dragonstone+ is hilarious though.
#3deoxyscyclonePosted 3/23/2013 11:52:14 PM
I'll probably go along this route as well, seeing as how I paired Nowi and Donnel and passed on Aptitude and Swordbreaker as well. ^^;; Ironically, I'm actually going through Nah's Paralogue as we speak! xD

On another note, follow what the dude above me said. Go get Armsthrift (useful even if you aren't aching for Gold), then promote to get Sol. After that, the other skills are basically filler. Nah can tank through almost anything with Dragonstone+'s and Sol!
---
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#4lucariofan23(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 2:26:57 AM(edited)
Thanks for the responses!

How does Armsthrift, Sol, Galeforce, Lifetaker, and Swordbreaker (iffy on that one) look?
---
3DS FC -- 0559-7269-5928
#5deoxyscyclonePosted 3/24/2013 4:38:57 AM
lucariofan23 posted...
Thanks for the responses!

How does Armsthrift, Sol, Galeforce, Lifetaker, and Swordbreaker (iffy on that one) look?

No problem!

I've heard some people say Galeforce is not too useful on Nah (or Manaketes in general), but I can't tell for sure yet. As for the other skills... Lifetaker with Sol is a bit much. Since Manaketes are bulky, Nah could like do with Sol alone without need for much more. She'll likely be activating it enough to stay well-alive.

Armsthrift is great if you don't have a lot of gold, or don't want to worry about buying more Dragonstone+'s. Swordbreaker is good in general, and mitigates her Wyrmslayer weakness, which is great!

As for other skills... I'd go through her skill trees, and pick out some other ones that you like. Sol + Armsthrift + Galeforce/Swordbreaker will keep her going strong as it is, so the rest is more situational.
---
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#6lucariofan23(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 1:24:24 PM(edited)
deoxyscyclone posted...
Message...

Yeah after doing a few battles with Nah Sol seems sufficient for keeping her healthy. I'm loving Armsthrift with Dragonstone+ and 50 luck. Galeforce I'm still unsure about because Nah is always most destructive during the enemy phase...

As of now Sol and Armsthrift aren't going anywhere, and Galeforce is pretty good.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? All I can think of is Counter and Wyrmsbane. And I'm still on the fence about Lifetaker, but continuing to pair it with Galeforce would be pretty cool if the enemies could even damage her. :O
---
3DS FC -- 0559-7269-5928
#7SpiritofpowerPosted 3/24/2013 1:33:11 PM
Yeah after doing a few battles with Nah Sol seems sufficient for keeping her healthy. I'm loving Armsthrift with Dragonstone+ and 50 luck. Galeforce I'm still unsure about because Nah is always most destructive during the enemy phase...

As of now Sol and Armsthrift aren't going anywhere, and Galeforce is pretty good.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? All I can think of is Counter and Wyrmsbane. And I'm still on the fence about Lifetaker, but continuing to pair it with Galeforce would be pretty cool if the enemies could even damage her. :O

Swordbreaker nullifies two of, like, three things that Manaketes are weak to. The other is the Book of Naga, but you almost never encounter that in the regular game, and it's still pretty rare in the DLC. As for Counter, it's kind of a mediocre skill for your characters no matter how you look at it. I mean, if it's actually dealing any significant amount of damage to the enemy, you're taking a significant amount of damage, which is something you really, really don't want.

I would use Wyrmsbane as a filler skill until the Limit Breaker DLC (I think it was Rogues and Redeemers 3) comes out and you can get that. Or you might consider All Stats +2, if you have it.
---
-"You're nuts!"
-"No, I'm condiments! I've been promoted."
#8lucariofan23(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 1:44:53 PM
Spiritofpower posted...

Swordbreaker nullifies two of, like, three things that Manaketes are weak to. The other is the Book of Naga, but you almost never encounter that in the regular game, and it's still pretty rare in the DLC. As for Counter, it's kind of a mediocre skill for your characters no matter how you look at it. I mean, if it's actually dealing any significant amount of damage to the enemy, you're taking a significant amount of damage, which is something you really, really don't want.

I would use Wyrmsbane as a filler skill until the Limit Breaker DLC (I think it was Rogues and Redeemers 3) comes out and you can get that. Or you might consider All Stats +2, if you have it.

Well I don't know why I suggested Counter, especially considering Nah can't get it with Donell as the Dad. lol... so Armsthrift, Sol, Swordbreaker, Galeforce, and Limit Breaker? (With Wyrmsbane and Lifetaker as fillers until Limit Breaker is released)

I have my Nah's stats already capped, and every skill (sans Limit Breaker) listed available to her. I'm content! :3
---
3DS FC -- 0559-7269-5928